The Jetpack Takes Strategy Away from the Game

Seth McGowan

The jet pack must be the dumbest thing Halo could ever add to the game.  When did the makers of Halo decide that using high ground and choke points for cover should be completely wiped away from the game?  The map layouts are completely useless when players can fly around certain paths and stairways.  Why use grenades or your radar when the player shooting you is probably 100 halo feet over your head.  I honestly cannot name one reason why the jetpack has been introduced to this game.

P.S.  Release a real ranking system and increase the SR level cap before you lose fans who have played Halo since 2002.  

To be honest I think it adds another dimension to the game, it makes you think first before doing something rather brash. In all reality it adds another level of strategy you have to plan for and be ready to take on.

p.s. I think you're right about a real ranking system though

Using high ground and chokepoints for cover was never wiped from halo. Vantage points are still key areas on maps, take longbow and abandon as prime examples. The jet pack is a strategic tool that is used to take alternate routes to high areas that couldn't be reached by a jump. It is a matter of being smart enough to know where your team may be vulnerable from attacks when you are holding a position. The enemy is not just going to run into your crosshairs and always end up where you expect them to be. key areas on maps will always have multiple points of entry, whether it's on foot or in the air. That's the responsibility that you get for controlling the area

Also, since when are grenades and the radar useless?? Not even half of halo players even use the jetpack, so they have to enter combat on foot. That's what grenades are for. Also, if you know how to use your radar, you can identify jetpackers before either of you can even see each other. The radar is your friend

Have u ever used the jet? Its garbage.. It lifts you about 4ft in the air and lets everyone see you. The only cheap thing in this game is the invis dmr/sniper setup on btb.. The jet pack is pretty much useless unless you wanna get just high enough for everyone to shoot you.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah jetpack is wack. I played alot of reach and now 4 and honestly ive never realized how annoying it is. Mostly since when i die from a jetpacking person they have rockets, inc cannon, plasma pistol, AR, railgun, boltshot, supressors, needlers, and idk what other noob gun to name.

It just is a pest that is just in the game for people to say to themselves, "i always wanted to be a pigeon with a gun."

I agree with the whole grenade thing too, like when a grenade is supposed to kill the damed guy and hes "4ft" ^^^^ above the ground he still survives, and with the AA suport its rediculous.

I use thrust and its just because we are basically forced to conform with AA and its my best one.....nough said.

Yeah jetpack is wack. I played alot of reach and now 4 and honestly ive never realized how annoying it is. Mostly since when i die from a jetpacking person they have rockets, inc cannon, plasma pistol, AR, railgun, boltshot, supressors, needlers, and idk what other noob gun to name.

It just is a pest that is just in the game for people to say to themselves, "i always wanted to be a pigeon with a gun."

I agree with the whole grenade thing too, like when a grenade is supposed to kill the damed guy and hes "4ft" ^^^^ above the ground he still survives, and with the AA suport its rediculous.

I use thrust and its just because we are basically forced to conform with AA and its my best one.....nough said.

Agreed.

• 2 weeks later...