What happened to the "competitive" playlist?

LoganJRichardson

inb4 this has been addressed multiple times

I dont get on the halo forums that much, I play LoL more instead, but I used to be a big halo guy for the competitive playlists it had in halo2,3. 

I sold my copy of h4 because it didnt have one, all I know is that they said they were adding one after the holidays but its still not here? or is it? idk.  Someone want to inform me? thx

bump?

I have not played a hole lot of games but with the random drops doesn't seem like this game can be real competitive

Well, some of the game modes don't have ordnance drops (that you can call in) and are pretty competitive in fact only two actually have those I think, Infinity Slayer and Big Team Infinity Slayer. 

• 2 weeks later...

I used to be a big halo guy for the competitive playlists it had in halo2,3. 

I stopped reading after this. There were no "competitive playlists" in Halo 2 and 3 that aren't in Halo 4. The only "competitive" playlists from those games were Team Slayer, which we have. 

The ONLY Halo game to have an actual competitive playlist was Halo Reach, with the Arena playlist, which basically treated it like a sport. It included seasons each week or month to see who ended up being in the top players for that month. It gave you a score after playing 3 games and it would average out your score and focus on what you did well. 

Edit: UNLESS, you're specifically talking about not having ordnance drops and ONLY spawning with a DMR or BR... which is silly anyway lol. I understand that ordnance drops shouldnt be random, but those game types in Halo 3 were boring as hell. Who plays a game for one weapon? I get the competitive side but... really? It being the ONLY thing that you like? XD CSS is more competitive than Halo and they let you buy whatever you want.

I stopped reading after this. There were no "competitive playlists" in Halo 2 and 3 that aren't in Halo 4. The only "competitive" playlists from those games were Team Slayer, which we have. 

The ONLY Halo game to have an actual competitive playlist was Halo Reach, with the Arena playlist, which basically treated it like a sport. It included seasons each week or month to see who ended up being in the top players for that month. It gave you a score after playing 3 games and it would average out your score and focus on what you did well. 

Edit: UNLESS, you're specifically talking about not having ordnance drops and ONLY spawning with a DMR or BR... which is silly anyway lol. I understand that ordnance drops shouldnt be random, but those game types in Halo 3 were boring as hell. Who plays a game for one weapon? I get the competitive side but... really? It being the ONLY thing that you like? XD CSS is more competitive than Halo and they let you buy whatever you want.

i lol'd