Monday update rant

probably my BR

Today i woke up thinking i was going to be able to download a title update. Instead I woke up to ranks that are invisible, more new pointless maps and icing on the cake RUMBLE PIT! So know we got all this pointless garbage new stuff and we get to play on the same broken unbalanced game. Is 343 completely retarded? 

• Like 1

The ranks aren't invisible, they simply aren't there at all. They haven't added nor do they plan to add the CSR ranks to the in-game UI. If you really care so much about seeing your rank and where you stand, you're going to have to compromise and do it via their website or the Waypoint app. We all knew from the beginning it wouldn't be visible in-game, as they never told us it would be visible anywhere but Waypoint. 343i isn't retarded, it's just that this community is full of people who feel they're entitled to anything they want, and when they don't get it they blame the company for being incompetent and accuse them of not listening to them. Both are far from the truth.

Just an FYI: The maps aren't pointless. They're there to give players new locals to play on, as is every map pack that's been released ever since Halo 2. In addition, Rumble Pit is a playlist players have been asking for and now they have it. They also look at the feedback for playlists and alter them accordingly.

• Like 4

Chances are you get more bad connect matches now since CSR matchup algorithms probably relies on rank levels more than connects/ping now. I can imagine this anyway.

One sad thing I noticed yesterday is that standby greifing is back plenty. People just join matches to drag teams down to a loss. Saw it happen in every other match actually.

ranks that are invisible

if you really care so much about one single number then stick to the waypoint site/app like glue and keep hitting the Refresh button after every game. ranks dont matter much to me

more new pointless maps

have you even played the maps? these new maps are for those who want to play them and it mixes things up instead of playing exile, ragnarok, or complex all the time

theres also 2 other playlists mutli team and castle dlc. have you at least tried multi team? personally MT is my favorite playlist and i dont really care for RP

RUMBLE PIT

we got all this pointless garbage new stuff and we get to play on the same broken unbalanced game

if your sick of "a broken unbalanced game", take your copy of halo 4 to gamestop, trade it in, and pick up something else. halo isnt going to suffer with 1 less player

it amazes me that every new update. theres that one player who has to make a post saying the ONE thing they like about it and how they hate the rest

it's just that this community is full of people who feel their entitled to anything they want, and when they don't get it they blame the company for being incompetent and accuse them of not listening to them. Both are far from the truth.

343i is a business and Halo 4 is their product above anything else. People who bought Halo 4 feel entitled to a game that is worth their money. In the case of the OP he believes that 343i is not doing a good job updating and improving the game at a steady pace. 

Its not as if 343i is updating MM out of the goodness of their heart like some people would believe. They are updating it because they want to show that they are listening to the community and not turning people off towards Halo 5. 

If someone doesn't feel that they are doing a good job updating the game then they have every right to be disappointed. They spent good money on this game.

• Like 1

Wait... what?

I can understand frustration at the CSR system not being in-game. I can even understand that people don't like the new maps because they think they're imbalanced, cater only to very specific playstyles, or don't look good or whatever.

But... not liking Rumble Pit? An entirely optional playlist which greatly expands the options Lone Wolf-minded players have? A playlist which answers all the issues people have with having only Regicide as a FFA playlist?

You know, stuff like this is exactly why a lot of people have stopped taking complaints about Halo 4 seriously. It's just opinionated ranting without any supportive evidence, analysis, or even really much in the way of explanation.

You want to complain about the CSR? This is how you do it.

You recognise that it does exist, and is viewable by the public, and therefore not having it in-game doesn't make sense if 343i don't want flaming and rank-centred abuse to occur because it can be seen anyway, so why not just bring it in-game? You ask why the criteria for getting a good CSR haven't been made clear, so you don't know whether it's better to spend a game getting three kills and then hiding until your team wins or going utterly kamikaze and getting a 0.5 K/D but earning enough medals to require a supportive spinal brace. You ask why, if people don't care about it, they don't just ignore it if it's displayed in-game, and considering it IS possible to be viewed, why they can't make it more convenient to be brought in-game: indeed, why can't it just be placed in your own Service Record somewhere, so that way you can see your own rank without others being able to see it too, which solves most people's issues with not having it.

You want to complain about the maps? This is how you do it.

You explain what exactly you think is so bad about them: the spawning locations don't offer even access to vehicles, power weapons and key battlefield points, or simply don't have enough initial cover. You look at the cover distribution across the map, and say if there's too much cover, so that it's hard to take on an enemy at range, or too little, so that there's problems with map movement and map control, or that it's too flat, so getting a height advantage is too powerful, or too crowded, so there's no point trying to take the high ground. You look at the weapons and vehicle distribution, because there is too much armour and not enough heavy weapons for the infantry to fight back with. You look at the bases teams have, because one is much harder to attack than the other, or has no long sight-lines with which to attack enemies at range, or they're both too open to attack making it hard for teams to coordinate a proper defense, or too closed, so that even an organised team has real difficulty just getting into it to steal a flag, never mind getting it back out again.

Just saying 'I don't like it and it's bad' is, frankly, a very poor argument and doesn't even provide much in the way of discussion.

As for hating Rumble Pit... what? It's one playlist which a lot of people have asked for. It has no effect on you whatsoever if you choose not to play it. I don't like Big Team games, so I don't play them. That doesn't mean I begrudge them the right to exist.

• Like 1