Map Name: Helios
Tags: BTB, Extraction, Helios, BLAQCLOUD
Author: Blaq Cloud
Canvas Map: Forge ISland
Screenshots:
Ideal Player Count: 10 - 16
Gametype: Infinity Big Team Slayer, CTF, Extraction, KOTH, ODDBall

Description:

Helios was a UNSC research facility which sought new sources of energy, to fuel mankind's conquest of the stars. Mankind's dreams are infinite, and so its hunger.

Helios focuses a fun balance between infantry, vehicles while fervently utilizing key areas of the map. Intense gameplay is the name of the game.

Initial Weapon Drops:
(1)Rocket launcher (180)
(2)Sticky Detonators (No respawn)
(2)Sniper Rifle (180)

Random Weapon Drops:
Railgun
Concussion Rifle
Saw
Needler
Sticky Detonator

Vehicles: 
(2)Chain Hogs (30)
(2)Rocket Hogs (120)
(2)Mongeese (30)
(2)Mounted Turrets (120)
(2)Ghosts (60)

Power Ups on map: None
Armor Abilities on map: None
Trait Zones On Map: None

Budget Used: 9840
Overall performance:Great 
Split Screen Framerate Rating: Good

Download & Enjoy!

Special thanks to the guys over at Online Knights for the feature. Awesome work on the channel!

post-71061-0-08932300-1376419219_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Psychoduck

You're calling this finished already?  The changes on the last version I played were excellent, but I still think that the map would benefit from a bit more testing.  

Truly testing and tweaking could never be finished, but general map construction is done. The only other change at this time I would like to test would be rocket hogs instead of both mantises. Thanks for helping me test, and hit me up next time your online so we can brain storm.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Psychoduck

So I'm really liking how CTF is playing on here at this point.  However, I just played Slayer on here last night, and everything was great except the dynamic spawning.  There was a lot of getting in a vehicle at your base and heading towards the other side of the map only to have enemies spawn behind you seconds later.  This was particularly annoying with the mantis, as enemies spawning behind it could easily board it.  It was frustrating not to be able to make an organized push on the map without enemies constantly spawning behind you.  So, what say you to some static spawns in Slayer?

Guest Psychoduck

I think that even with that risk it would be beneficial, with the elbow routes out of the flag area, players would be able to avoid being trapped fairly easily I should think.

I'll be running it TNT.

I brought back the chain hog as the rocket hog made the made too heavy. (although fun) 

I recolored the elbow's to just blue, and red for easier call out.

I also added (1) inital drop and (2) random drop Spartan lasers 

As I feared, with fixed spawned came alot of spawn killing issues as the other team pushed onto the enemy side. So go with the dynamic spawning. IT prevents spawning issues, and encourages the whole map to be utilized. I also broke up some lines of sight from green and gold.

Guest Psychoduck

I don't see how spawn-trapping would suddenly become an issue in Slayer, as it isn't in CTF with static spawns.  I understand that in CTF there is a focus on an objective, which makes attempts to spawn trap less prominent, but still.  When I played slayer, the dynamic spawns were something which really ruined the experience for myself as well as several others in the game.  Still, I'll trust your judgement, and I'll try out the latest version.

Guest Psychoduck

My god, how many versions of the map have you gone through already? This is commitment right here!

This is the process that everyone needs to go through when testing a map.

This is the process that everyone needs to go through when testing a map.

With the help of MrGreenwithagun I was able to add some cover to some spawn points, and limit the LOS from green and Gold a little bit more. If your on tonight we can give static spawning another go before I make a final decision on which way system is best.

My god, how many versions of the map have you gone through already? This is commitment right here!

For those that take forging seriously unfortunately it is a never ending process. Your done with a map when you decide to walkaway to start the next project. For a lot of us tasks mark the beginning and end of the process.

When I test a map I hit theater right after to review from everyone's POV. So what was a 15 min game may turn into a hour long film review.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...