Weekly Update-September 8, 2011

John-117

Hey guys,

Sorry about not doing a weekly update last night but that's what happens when your computer get fried by a plasma grenade. Anyway, LETS GET STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halo 4 Lead Creative Director has Left the Building!

ryan-payton-halo-microsoft-game-studios-363x300.jpg

In an interview with Kotaku, Halo 4 Creative Director, Ryan Payton reveals the reason why he left the project.

Ryan Payton isn’t just leaving the project, but he’s also leaving 343 Industries as well. 343 Industries will be developing three new games for the Halo franchise spawning an all-new trilogy.

The main reason Payton left the project because he was “losing passion for the project”. He felt Halo 4 was going in another direction that he did’t envision from the beginning and felt it was time to explore something new.

“I had a great run at Microsoft. I don’t regret one day of it. But after a few years, there came a point where I wasn’t creatively excited about the project anymore”, said Payton. “The Halo I wanted to build was fundamentally different and I don’t think I had built enough credibility to see such a crazy endeavour through.”

“For somebody who loves this industry as much as I do and know how lucky I’ve been, I never thought I’d get to a point where I was so drained. That was when I knew I had to do something else. I think time is the most valuable thing we have and I’ve decided that I’m not going to waste one more day working on something that doesn’t speak to my values,” Payton concluded.

Despite Ryan Payton leaving the project, a new Creative Director has now been appointed. Halo 4 is still scheduled to be released Q4 2012.

VN:F [1.9.10_1130]please wait... The Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary Guide is ready for launch!

A few days ago I saw something that caught my eye, I saw the Halo CEA Strategy Guide preorder info on Gamestop.com.

All the info that was given was that it is being made by Brady Games and will cost $19.99

GAMEFest secures UK playable debuts of Halo CEA and other AAA Titles

Microsoft will be bringing their big guns of 2011 to GAMEFest in playable form for the first time in the UK including Gears of War 3, Forza 4 and Halo Anniversary. They will also be bringing a handful of new kInect titles to give a flavour of their hands-free Christmas line-up. Gamers will be able to get down with Dance Central 2, try out marionette gunslinging in Gunstringer and try out some new sports in Kinect Sports 2.

Tickets for the event are now sold out for the Saturday, but Friday the 16th and Sunday the 18th of September still have plenty of space free. They are available to GAME Reward card holders for 10 GBP per day.

This Halo Helmet Looks Good Enough for the Movie They’ll Never Make

The way it's looking there'll never be a Halo movie. Ah well! So long as regular humans keep making killer props like this, we're free to imagine our own. Which is always for the best, because then, they never end up sucking.

This helmet was submitted to MAKE magazine by creator Tsabo Tsaboc over the weekend, and it's stunning.

If you don't recognise it, it's Carter's helmet, with Carter being your squad's leader in Halo: Reach. The helmet goes nice with some of his other stuff, including a complete ODST suit of armour and various individual Halo helmets (like Noble Six's), all of which you can see in more detail at the link below.

xsmall_4780783723_54a52968cc_b.jpgxsmall_5878085527_7cb35b8633_b.jpgxsmall_u_4u6owtsc4.jpgxsmall_4780783723_54a52968cc_b.jpgxsmall_5457251710_e3dfc2629f_b.jpgxsmall_5608409964_d1f394d372_b.jpgxsmall_5608420348_9f1a53b9c6_b.jpgxsmall_5746586959_16a9f6e2c1_b.jpgxsmall_5866577567_ff27e81dff_b.jpgxsmall_5867130024_84e7738bc8_b.jpgxsmall_5878081959_279260c069_b.jpgxsmall_5878641688_1d3a4a20be_b.jpgxsmall_6109382753_b787cd0e0f_b.jpg

Jeremy Clarkson Talks About…a Halo Warthog

medium_rzundxpgof4_01.jpg If you've ever wanted to hear the Top Gear star drawl "light plasma cannons", you should watch this clip of Jeremy Clarkson giving the rundown on the Warthog that'll feature in Halo 4.

It comes across as a bizarre piece of marketing, until you remember the Warthog will be in the upcoming Forza 4 (albeit not in a drivable state), a game that will have Top Gear branding and content all over it.

Forza 4 is out in October on Xbox 360.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzUNdXPGOf4&feature=player_embedded#t=0s

This post has been promoted to an article

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Now all is clear, many thanks for the help in this question. How to me you to thank?

you know there is an edit button right some people don't know :turned:. Great article I will continue to read them but, you you guys the the lead creator will make his way back to bungie?