343iCF Weekly Site Wrapup 4/6/13

Drizzy_Dan

Hey guys thanks for clicking the link to the Weekly Site Wrapup there's a lot of news to go around so get a good read of it all and enjoy:

Primary Announcement: We've got some more site stats as of April 5th:

1131 registered users have joined the site in the last month.

5949 posts have been made. We have seen a decrease since last month but I think it's mainly due to spambots and their absence now.

Also, HI CHURCH.

CONTESTS

Free Controller Giveaway

post-60767-0-43074200-1363709561.png

Our friends at HaloCustoms are working together with GamerModz about a contest for whoever can make the best looking custom controller. Whoever makes the best design wins that controller that they designed! Insane54 of HaloCustoms gives you the details of the contest here.

Get A Clue Forge Contest

clue_banner2_zps1d3ad740.png

The Get A Clue Forge Contest, which Spades N AZ is a judge in, is still going and Master Debaytes of HaloCustoms is still looking for the best map out there for Clue. For those of you that love the Clue gametype or have no idea what it is and want to know more click_here!!

CUSTOM GAMES NIGHT

SpadesS-1CGN_zpsba8b5ad4.png

Spades N AZ's Custom Games Night

Spades is taking a break from Custom Games Night but is going to return. Here are some words from Spades N AZ on the matter:

Yes guys sadly enough I am taking a few weeks off of CGN. It's the first break in the 3 years that I have hosted it. But it will be back! My first lobby will be underground and only solid supporters will get an invite. After that they will continue being posted on Halocustoms each week with SolidSnakee doing the recaps. I look forward to shooting you all in the face again soon.

If you want information on Custom Games Night click the title of the section.

DESTINY

do86GrP.jpg

Lots of big news radiating from Destiny with GDC this week. Adamj004 of the News Group was on top of his game as usual and brought us pictures of the three playable races in Destiny presented at the Bungie GDC Panel. Find them here.

Adam has also brought us some one of a kind pictures taken from the Character Development video that he has screenshotted himself. Not all of the pictures were taken by Adam but just about every one of them are. Find them all here.

Adam was not the only one to bring news however, not by a long shot. Azaxx also brought us some new concept art images presented at the panel from GDC. Find Azaxx's thread here.

To add to all of this, highplainsdrifter, another Destiny enthusiast, brought us news of Destiny's rating and trademarks taken out by Bungie along with a very curious theory on what the unnamed race in Destiny can be (presumably far right).

FiveConceptAlienRacesMoodboard_zps322222

Find his thread here.

Lastly, if you want to see the actual Character Development video itself then check it out here. Brought to us by Choot 'em!

The latest Bungie Mailsack from April 5th has dropped, find it here.

GameSpot did a great interview with Bungie's Christopher Barrett and Joseph Staten. Choot gives you it here.

And if you want to see something REALLY interesting, take a look at a character concept Bungie was working with for Destiny that Choot brought to our attention ;). It's here.

Reach our Bungie Forum by clicking the title of the section that says DESTINY.

DGL

DGLBanner-Small_zps9aa913b7.png

DGL matches are completed when possible. The DGL will be seen through to its end.

MAJESTIC DIVISION, IT'S TIME TO START PLAYING AGAIN.

Crimson Division:
Drizzy_Dan, Gazzy Mill Mill, Neurotic Kasper, Real Talk, Sarge

Majestic Division:
Hater, GermanShepherdD, SikSlik7, M4L1C1OU5, Lil Dog, Forum Dinosaur

Info on the DGL can be found at these links:

Rules_and_Info

Weekly_Match_List
Match_Results/Leaderboard
Gametype_and_Scoring_Info

FEATURED INTERVIEWS

Redemption1272 - The winner of the Meet Your Maker Forge Contest (sectioned below) and awesome guy in general.

FORGE

MeetYourMaker_zps65c5bb67.png

343 Industries Community Forum and The Halo Forge Epidemic brought you the Meet Your Maker 4v4 Infinity Slayer Forge Contest.

Your judges:

Alzarahn (Blueprint Forge Group), WARHOLIC (The Halo Council), Ducain23 (Ducain23), SaItyKoalaBear, Rezix333, OakleyHiDef (THFE), Psychoduck (THFE), Spades N AZ (343i.org), Absolute Dog (343i.org)

Well guys this is the last time you'll have to see this oversized picture for the Wrapup that I've never once resized. The winners of the contest have been announced!

Runner Up Map Black Site by The Fated Fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDFW-VQx6Ow&feature=player_embedded 

Runner Up Map Stigma by Squally DaBeanz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwevfSqxbuw&feature=player_embedded 

Winning Map Edifice by Redemption1272

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW0QY4xyVdg&feature=player_embedded 

Featured Map

This is a beauty of a race map. For those of you who remember Nuked IceCeam's PokeCoaster, here is the man credited with the aesthetics of it, @Lord FluffBall. This is his map Fluff Nest Monster, a map that goes along the body of the creature. Very cool. Thread link containing download.

2-26-2013_08_zps981d898e.jpg

2-26-2013_10_zps3bb8a679.jpg

MEMBER OF THE MONTH

Our new Member of the Month was awarded on the 1st of April and it was no April Fools Day joke. This month's MoM is Victory Element. He is a young, but very mature member. Give it up for Victory Element! :clapping:

Find Victory's MoM Post here.

He's still trying to figure out a MoM wish so don't be afraid to comment and leave an idea!

Our previous MoM, Church, will now be awarded with the MoM Award:    MOM_award.png

PLAY DATES

Upcoming Play Date

Shifting Gears Game Night

shifting_gears_banner_zps98f3ae0c.png

I won't post the full story here but we are having a Gears of War Play Date hosted by Community Moderator RedStarRocket91. It's going to be a heck of a night. Any members that join will not only get to talk to a lobby full of Staff and Legendary Members but will earn the very rare Shifting Gears Award which is again still under wraps until ratification. And on top of all that awesomeness, one person's gonna win a custom, one of a kind controller skin that's 343i.org Shifting Gears Night themed. The event takes place April 14th.

shifting_gears_controller_zps0e55f1ba.pn

Find the post for the event here.

Meet Your Maker Play Date

The Meet Your Maker Play Date is getting a lot of positive feedback from players and Forgers alike. Follow the thread to watch for an incoming date and time here.

We're always looking for your Play Date ideas, please post them here

Info on all contests and events can still obviously be found by clicking the title of the section that says PLAY DATES.

Everyone who participates in any Community Play Dates gets the Gamer Award: participate.png

Attend Play Dates, rack up awards!

SURVIVOR: HALO STYLE

rbp9a.png

Season 2 is getting a REBOOT like I mentioned last week. Many competitors are getting together and the big surprise is still yet to come so keep reading this section to find out what it is when it's ready to be announced!

WELCOME

pJ5SjOR_zpsa31c44ba.png

Last week I mentioned the addition of a Flood map maker by the name of Pol Wah. Pol Wah is still new here and I don't think everyone has gotten fully accustomed to Pol Wah being in charge of Flood Submissions. For an example of his great work here's his map Voltage Control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbcRGo29ahQ&feature=player_embedded 

Find out how to submit your Flood maps to Pol Wah here: Flood Map Submission Thread

Thank you for reading, hope you clicked on the links and checked out the threads. Now scroll back up and read it all over again. 

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 6