Is Halo 3 better than Reach?

AnimalDenWinter

Hello it's Wolf from the Silent Brotherhood. I was wondering what you people think is better: Reach or 3.......

Personally in my opinion I think 3 is actually better! Why:

1. Feels much more like a Halo game!

2. There was SubMachineGuns in it as well as BR's.

3. There wasn't armour lock, thank god!

4. The maps were much more better.

That's what I think: what do you?

I have no idea.... sadly I've never played Halo 3. But, by the Youtube videos and what-not, I can certainly tell it was a lot better in terms of gameplay and experience. Although, I'm not so sure about graphics. I'm pretty sure the graphics in Reach are better. Also, one thing to add. People hate Halo 4, because it doesn't have a "Halo" feel. Personally, I think it doesn't have a "Halo" feel, at least not the original "Halo" feel if you can see where I'm coming from. Halo has evolved, and hating it because it has a new feel, is like having a kid, and seeing it like, after 20 years and then just "hating" him/her. Regardless, though, back down to Reach and Halo 3, what I stated before is all I can say.

I think that Halo 3 was a wonderful game.

Sometimes Halo 3 is better

than Reach but, I think that both of the games are equally legit

but, I think I like Halo 3 better because,

1. No Armor Lock

2. Simple minded game

3. The guns were evenly powered

4. The maps were thought out and made in a great way.

1: HALO C.E.

2: HALO 3 O.D.S.T.

3: HALO Reach

4: HALO 3

5:HALO 2

6: HALO 4

7:HALO wars

I like them all and they all have their own feel which is what is great about HALO games. I have 7 very different HALO games, I never get bored or tired with the HALO-verse. All the other big name games are the same stuff different day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think Halo Reach covers the upgrades needed from Halo 3. Whilst Halo 3 was a spectacular, enjoyable game, it had it's flaws and there wasn't much change from Halo 2. However, I still play both 3 and reach now and again and they are both equally as fun.

• Like 1

Halo 3 took more skill in the br then the dmr because with the dmr you get better accuracy and the fire rate was fast enough to out dmr them. h3 maps were a lot better then reach and h3 felt like a real halo game. Loved h3 campaign over reach. The armor in reach was a lot better in choice wise hated the armor lock ability (horrible idea), active camo was better in h3 because you didn't get the radar jammer with it and when you moved they still couldn't see unless if you have good eyes and you can see the outline of their bodies. I loved to get the multi-kills in halo 3 over reach so I have to say halo 3 is still the best halo game ever (in my opinion).

1. halo 3

2. halo 4

3. halo 3 odst

4. halo reach

I personally believe Halo 3 had the best online multiplayer of them all, and Halo 4 has the worst, but non the less, they are all amazing. Halo 3 may have had better multiplayer, but lacked campaign, and Halo Reach had an absolutely amazing campaign.

Reach was horrible. Campaign was weak, you never cared about the characters, it just rewrite the lore WHICH HAD BEEN WELL ESTABLISHED TEN YEARS BEFORE, introduced bloom, armour abilities, DMR (my most hated weapon). However, it introduced the falcon (favourite vehicle, much better than hornet), Loads if new weapons, got rid of brutes as primary antagonist, had really nice armours for all species and had amazing forge.

Halo 3 had a brilliant campaign that left you devastated when the characters who had been there for years died, introduced forge, had brilliant maps that weren't ripped out of campaign levels, introduced the first fly able UNSC vehicle and was just brilliant.

Halo 2 will always be supreme

• Like 1

I can not compare apples to oranges. I also have a hard enough time deciding what I want to make my self for breakfast, now you are asking me to pick between my Two most favorite Halo's?... 

That's no fair!   :cray:

Well, if I had to make a list of the best Halo Games in order, it would be...

1. Halo CE (original)

2. Halo 3

3. Halo 3: ODST

4. Halo 2

5. Halo 4

6. Halo CE (anniversary)

7. Halo Reach

8. Halo Wars

All of these game were pretty fun, but I didn't play ANNIVERSARY that much, and I wasn't a fan of REACH or WARS

My list, out of the games I've played, is

1. Reach

2. 3

3. CE and 4 are tied here.

I'd say Reach beats 3 in gameplay and making the story and atmosphere feel serious and personal, but 3 beats Reach in terms of having a great story and in most places great music.

Then again, both had great music, and you can't really give the games each other's music without ruining them. But overall I prefer 3's music.

• 2 weeks later...