I have a short winded idea for 343 indistries

GuyWithIdeas

Before I begin, I just want to say I get it. Being in the game industry can be extremely tedious. Also, people get the idea that there is a shortage of ideas and that ideas are easy to just throw in a game. Also the final product has to be marketable and turn out profit for all your hard work which a lot of people who get on here to tell you how to do your job disregard. I'm here to say an idea or two hoping you'll look at it and see if you haven't thought of it yet, find it practical or if you'd want to do something like this.

Idea 1: make a game without campaign that just has multiplayer and forge and just call the game Forge. Why? So you could devote more disk space to endless forging fun and play it with friends on multiplayer, think Minecraft. You could even work out a way to put AI into forge with all of that disk space, which is what a lot of people want. Why it's a bad idea, Halo is marketable largely because of the campaign, reason why I bought Halo 4 so people wanting Halo not Forge probably wouldn't buy it. But the reason why I bought Halo Reach was largely because of Forgeworld.

Idea 2: let us play as anyone or any creature in the Halo universe, at least for funsies. Gears of war 3 has beast mode, although making a game mode for only playing as creatures isn't as cool as it being what you'd play as when your not in map edit mode.

Before I begin, I just want to say I get it. Being in the game industry can be extremely tedious. Also, people get the idea that there is a shortage of ideas and that ideas are easy to just throw in a game. Also the final product has to be marketable and turn out profit for all your hard work which a lot of people who get on here to tell you how to do your job disregard. I'm here to say an idea or two hoping you'll look at it and see if you haven't thought of it yet, find it practical or if you'd want to do something like this.

Idea 1: make a game without campaign that just has multiplayer and forge and just call the game Forge. Why? So you could devote more disk space to endless forging fun and play it with friends on multiplayer, think Minecraft. You could even work out a way to put AI into forge with all of that disk space, which is what a lot of people want. Why it's a bad idea, Halo is marketable largely because of the campaign, reason why I bought Halo 4 so people wanting Halo not Forge probably wouldn't buy it. But the reason why I bought Halo Reach was largely because of Forgeworld.

Idea 2: let us play as anyone or any creature in the Halo universe, at least for funsies. Gears of war 3 has beast mode, although making a game mode for only playing as creatures isn't as cool as it being what you'd play as when your not in map edit mode.

1 this is a terrible idea why because firstly 343 would never do it because some people buy halo just for the campaign itself 343 would lose profit and 343 want profit but secondly it is pointless because the is no HALO WITHOUT A CAMPAIN I could go on forever on this subject

2 possible possible don't think 343 would do it but wouldn't mind seeing it in a halo game at all

I'm not saying make Halo. I'm saying make Forge. Although it would be with the Halo engine I imagine. I think that would appeal to an audience of people. I'm not sure the size of that audience though. But it's not such huge a sctrech in my eyes.

I'm with ya on my second idea, they wouldn't. But it's a fancy thought.

This isn't 343's website. They do not read these forums. You want forums.waypoint.com

And a halo without campaign is throwing away the fanbase that wasn't thrown away by H4's multiplayer/customs. This is a terrible idea.

I didn't say throw it away, I'd just like to see a forge devoted game made. It's not like I'm saying ditch Halo 5 or anything. And that is strange that they'd do it like that, the website has 343 all over it.

You're the same as the last guy. Again. I'm not suggesting making a Halo game at all. You both fail to understand that.

So why post an idea for 343 to make this? Forge is copyrighted to Halo, and 343 was created to only make Halo. You pretty much want to have a look at Garry's mod (PC only)

The clue is 343 industries COMMUNITY forum. It's a fan forum, not the official one.

If its not a halo game, then you cannot play as covenant or Promethean, they are copyrighted to halo.

Halo 4 has Forge. So 343 has both of those things. Why can't they just take Forge out and make a big ass Garry's mod of Halo for Xbox? Steam did it. I think. Eh someone did it, but you get the point.

And community isn't very conclusive dude, it still says 343, maybe they put up to be closer to their COMMUNITY of gamers. I don't know. But it really isn't that obvious. I'm not saying it is owned by 343, I'm just saying the misconception isn't that hard to make.

I mean Steam released a game of their games similar to what I'm talking about.

Another thing... They hold the copyrights. Say they did that. Would they sue themselves?

Putting Halo trademarks in a game makes it a halo game! And they will not make a halo game without campaign.

Plus, the games like Gmod are pretty heavy on FPS rate, and can lag computers a lot. Console technology is always a couple years behind at release. For simple technology, they would not be able to do it.

The first idea is a terrible one

I love to play the campaign rather goof around on Forge.

Sometimes Forge is something to goof around on but, for how long?

Why would you want a game with

just multiplayer and Forge, just doesnt fit if you think about it.

I guess talking about a Gmod-type game in a Halo community isn't going to find many people to share an opinion with me. I at least don't think it's a terrible idea. Just because it isn't your traditional game released by a Halo developer doesn't make it a terrible idea, and because you aren't into that kind of game doesn't make it actually a terrible idea either. I suggested something that could be just a minor side release and proposed something deviant from the now 6 or 7 times used Halo formula, and it's a bad idea just because of that. I was just thinking of a title from them for people like me who could play Gmod, Minecraft, and Forge all day long. I didn't think people in a gaming community could be so close minded.

So Gmod is a Half-life game? Capcom Versus Marvel is a Megaman game?(zero is a playable character) Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a Mario game? Come on where is your logic in this?

How many times do I have to tell you this isn't a Halo game? It's just a game with Halo elements.

Halo developers are awesome, they can work around something simple like your FPS issue... When I play Gmod I don't have low FPS either.

343 needs to fix a problem that has people leaving Halo! When you shoot someone in the head with a sniper, DMR or BR blood will come out with absolutely no effect on the person. I have many videos saved of this happening and I know lots of people that do not play anymore for this reason, Also if there is any lag at all there is no point of playing. Instead of fixing these major problems 343 just makes us pay for new maps every month and new playlists come out to blind us to the truth. 343 makes it so that if your too fast/ good you get disadvantages.

I get your idea. It isnt terribe but there must be a campaign. The best thing that would give enough disk space is a two disk game. One campaign massive and great and the other forge/MM. I have no clue on how making console games works but if they focus one disk on just campaign and one on just multiplayer then i believe the possibilities could be endless. Like i said i have no experience but it may just help with any difficulties they have in making a game.

Also disk 1, can have spartan ops and in disk 2 you can have invasion and firefight for those qho miss that. Everyone wins.

Ohh and forge planet!!!! :D <= overexagerrated but you get the point. Lol

First of all, yes. This is not 343's Forum, the place you are looking for the Halo Waypoint. And yes, this place has the rights to be this place, because if not 343i would have sued it 2 years ago. It's still here.

Your first idea is a bad one. People buy Halo for Halo, not for Matchmaking. Similarly, people buy Call of Duty for Call of Duty, not Multiplayer. A game has multiple aspects; remove one and you cut off the game. I mean, imagine a campaign only Halo. Is it gonna be bad? Uh, yeah. Why? Because you removed whole aspects of the game; Halo is now no longer Halo. You are no longer spraying covenant blood 10 feet into the air.

I bout Halo: Reach because of Forge World

Well, if you truly want a map-editing game ONLY, you could just get on one of those applications that creates islands and stuff for you, and you can start playing allll daaay loong.

Your second idea would probably be a great thing when they start getting included in the story....and in 2025, when the Xbox 1280 can handle it.

In all honesty, G-Mod is G-mod and Halo is Halo. I love things like Trouble In Terrorist Town appearing, but it doesn't mean we can't do things in Halo the traditional way. I mean, personally, I enjoy playing Clue, which is jsut about the same as TITT.

I guess talking about a Gmod-type game in a Halo community isn't going to find many people to share an opinion with me. I at least don't think it's a terrible idea. Just because it isn't your traditional game released by a Halo developer doesn't make it a terrible idea, and because you aren't into that kind of game doesn't make it actually a terrible idea either. I suggested something that could be just a minor side release and proposed something deviant from the now 6 or 7 times used Halo formula, and it's a bad idea just because of that. I was just thinking of a title from them for people like me who could play Gmod, Minecraft, and Forge all day long. I didn't think people in a gaming community could be so close minded.

It isn't a terrible idea, but think about what you're saying. There is already Minecraft. There is already Garry's Mod. There is already Halo. Now you want all that stuff combined for you to lazily play one thing.

Well, that would take the fun out of Gmod, out of Minecraft, out of Halo, and certainly somebody will get sued.

Oh, and be happy this isn't Halo Waypoint, because if it were, you'd be flamed so hard people would probably have their posts censored. We aren't a close minded community; it's just that when you're asking a game to be made that will involve breaking down Halo, along with plagiarizing gameplay mechanics of other, great games, you probably won't get a positive reaction.

I like playing Halo for Halo. I like Forging. I like Customs. I like Garry's mod. I like Minecraft. I definitely don't want somebody making everything into one because that would be like gulping Hamburgers, Ice Cream, Chips, Candies, and tons of other great things all at once. What once were seperate amazing things, come together, will make a puddle of goop.