Art of Chief

Yes, I gained the inspiration when I saw Halo 4 trailer at E3.
This took me months to work on. 
I’m currently still working on details, shading, some edits here and there and what ever else comes to mind.
At one point I thought about putting the Didact behind chief as a background but then thought about “One step at a time yo, one step at a time.”

i hope you dont do that by hand! lol. Want a idea for a finish? i think a faded green with light gray background, and a charcoal top layer would give it a nice dynamic look. Or are you going to finish it as just pen for shading? any way you do it it will look good. 

• Like 1

I’m going to finish it with pencil and touch it with pen.
As for color? I’m going to scan it then touch it up with my Bamboo Tablet. That way I can keep messing with different colors. I’ll definitely take your advice into consideration when I get to that point. 
I normally feel and do better doing my own artwork by traditional pencil, pen and paper. Then scan. If that makes sense.

oh yeah that makes perfect sense. i prefer finishing my art with pencil and then coloring with pastel and charcoal. i dont usually use computers for coloring and finishes but thats my preference. you have real talent. more than me. i cant get the proportions right on humans so i just draw dragons, other mythological creatures and landscapes for fun. you seem to have been drawing a while.  anyway good drawing. looking forward to the finished product! :)

• Like 1

I started out the same way.
I went from creatures to focusing on landscaping then self portraits. Eventually with the practice of self portraits I was able to have a better look and focus on human form.
I unfortunately don’t have a lot of experience on charcoal, pastel and etc. I’d love to at some point.
I bid you the best in your art work JAM. 
And there’s no such thing as better talent. We all have the same potential in my opinion.