Reason Why Only a Handful Play Halo Anymore

Jaw

I can tell you the reason why matchmaking levels are so low.  No it's not the graphics or the gameplay or even the maps.  The reason nobody plays matchmaking anymore is because 343 Industries ripped out Halo's heart. Remember the H2 days when their  were over 100k plus players in matchmaking at any given time?   What did Halo 2 have that this Halo doesn't?  Visible ranks and chatting with the other team.  Yup its that simple bring back the smack talking and visible ranks and watch the population grow.  You took out the competition aspect of the game which was it's best feature.  Save Halo and bring back it's essence.   Make the ranks visible in game not just in Waypoint 343. Maybe make a feature like prefer a team member with a headset option.  Almost every game I go into nobody has one.

• Like 2

Halo 4 is a dead game. All the BTB pros and most of the semi-pro MLG players have returned to Halo: Reach and Reach is becoming more popular by the month. All the Sangheili clans are returning to Halo: Reach, some of the greatest BTB teams are returning and some Spartan clans are returning. I hated Halo 4 because of its easy gameplay, its excessive power-weapon-around-every-corner spam and the lack of Sangheili. For me, playing Halo isn't fun any more which is why I went back to Reach. I was just so disappointed...

and the lack of Sangheili.

Don't even get me started on Jiralhanae. There's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING mentioned about them!.. like.. what... What in Tatarus's name HAPPENED to them after Halo 3?

For all we know, they could be jumping around like a bunch of Butt Monkeys....

IN SPACE...... while they dress up fabulously at a talking pony's carousel...  all the meanwhile playing the traditional game of Extreme Floor Peeing back at their home planet.

The answers were thrown out the window, just like our hopes of exploring deeper into the vast, unknown univese of Halo.

Don't forget the Horribly broken match-making system and uber-lag. That killed off the international community quick smart.

As for the competitive community, well lets face it, it was doomed to be rejected by that community as soon as 343i decided to introduced creator classes and kill-streak rewards, opps I mean point-streak, I mean CoD-streak, you get the drift.

• Like 1

Halo Reach is where you saw your population take a drastic dropoff. Almost everything in Halo Reach was executed to mediocrity, including the lack of a playlist ranking system. If I had to take my pick, I would love to have visible ranks make a come back, and maybe they will eventually, but the CSR is better than nothing. When Halo 4 released nobody even knew if they would be having a ranking system.

• Like 1

All of this complaining..... What is it doing?? Is it benefiting halo in any way?? Not really

I don't understand what some people plan to accomplish when comparing halo 4 to older halo games. if the other games are so much more superior, then why not just go and play them. Coming to forums and expressing your opinions out of cold blood does nothing for the community. If you have a suggestion for making the game better, then at least give some logical reasoning if you want to share something. Give 343 constructive criticism, but give them some freedom to make their game unique.

Pointing at the toy you want in the store window and saying "I want it" is not going to get you it. You have to work for it and show that you can take care of it first. You can start by recognizing that 343 holds the future of halo in it's hands, so it would be best to respect them for who they are. They want to modernize halo and make it unique, not just a copy of what bungie already accomplished. things will change, and there is no stopping that. if you have feedback, please share it respectfully so someone can benefit from it in the end

Victory Element I clearly see that you love Halo 4, yet to say 343i want to modernise Halo 4 and make it unique is a little ridiculous when it has clearly made a game for the COD generation!

For the record I loved the Halo 4 campaign especially on the solo legendary and 'mythic' levels. Spartan ops episode 1 to 5 were not very good in my opinion, but 6 to 10 were amazing and made you feel like a spartan on 'ops' (not just go here push a button go there push a button) and the Spartan ops cut scenes were amazing fan service and perhaps give us a taste of what we can expect from the next xbox.

I myself am SR130 and have been for a while so I have played a lot of Halo 4 ! Yet for someone who has loved playing Halo as a social experience from 2 to 4 ! I feel the multiplayer has been ruined not by it's call of duty editions, I understand we live in the call of duty generation but by it's omission of a lot of what made Halo multiplayer Halo and it's a Much poorer experience for it.

Unless there is BTB objective game type or a spartan ops season 2 (even if we do have to pay for it) then my opinion of the new direction won't change but bringing back the X when a team mate dies is a step in the right direction "there are two players X" could turn the tide in a close game where players were well matched. The green spartans on St Patrick's day also felt like a return to Halo's roots. To be fair looking at the figures I don't think that I'm alone..........

http://www.halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

Dude stop whining like a baby,

crying isnt gonna get you anywhere if you think it is

then you got problems. Why would you think Halo 2 would be the same as Halo 4?

343Indutries is a different creator so yes it is a different game why would it be the same, common sense.

:shok:

Victory Element I clearly see that you love Halo 4, yet to say 343i want to modernise Halo 4 and make it unique is a little ridiculous when it has clearly made a game for the COD generation!

For the record I loved the Halo 4 campaign especially on the solo legendary and 'mythic' levels. Spartan ops episode 1 to 5 were not very good in my opinion, but 6 to 10 were amazing and made you feel like a spartan on 'ops' (not just go here push a button go there push a button) and the Spartan ops cut scenes were amazing fan service and perhaps give us a taste of what we can expect from the next xbox.

I myself am SR130 and have been for a while so I have played a lot of Halo 4 ! Yet for someone who has loved playing Halo as a social experience from 2 to 4 ! I feel the multiplayer has been ruined not by it's call of duty editions, I understand we live in the call of duty generation but by it's omission of a lot of what made Halo multiplayer Halo and it's a Much poorer experience for it.

Unless there is BTB objective game type or a spartan ops season 2 (even if we do have to pay for it) then my opinion of the new direction won't change but bringing back the X when a team mate dies is a step in the right direction "there are two players X" could turn the tide in a close game where players were well matched. The green spartans on St Patrick's day also felt like a return to Halo's roots. To be fair looking at the figures I don't think that I'm alone..........

http://www.halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

wow it just continues to drop Lol.

All of this complaining..... What is it doing?? Is it benefiting halo in any way?? Not really

I don't understand what some people plan to accomplish when comparing halo 4 to older halo games. if the other games are so much more superior, then why not just go and play them. Coming to forums and expressing your opinions out of cold blood does nothing for the community. If you have a suggestion for making the game better, then at least give some logical reasoning if you want to share something. Give 343 constructive criticism, but give them some freedom to make their game unique.

Pointing at the toy you want in the store window and saying "I want it" is not going to get you it. You have to work for it and show that you can take care of it first. You can start by recognizing that 343 holds the future of halo in it's hands, so it would be best to respect them for who they are. They want to modernize halo and make it unique, not just a copy of what bungie already accomplished. things will change, and there is no stopping that. if you have feedback, please share it respectfully so someone can benefit from it in the end

Ok, I really do appreciate how sincere you are to Halo 4, but I think you missed the point everyone was saying. The complaining you are hearing is because we actually give a **** about this series and are disgraced. If we didn't care then we would not be on a message forum discussing it. Some of these issues were WARNED by us true Halo players that it will fail if implemented. You can't just take a series that has it's own player based fans and turn it into other types of games because they are successful. That is flawed logic in regards to competing with other game developers, it's a cop out. I can only imagine the war room meetings and CoD's numbers spewed all over the whiteboard. If you can't see this game was a slap in the face to real Halo fans that have stuck by this game since CE then you are blind.

This game got released in beta matchmaking phase, so bear bones it was a disgrace! I think it is crazy, all they had to do was listen to the fans... Doesn't seem that hard does it?

• Like 1

@ Victory Element. Beginning with Reach, Halo has drifted away from "core" Halo in mp. If you don't understand that then you are openly admitting that you didin't come on board with H2 or H3. In those days, the population was never under 100k ..... never. Trash talking, finding and sharing glitches, insta splode nading, nading power weapons ..... the glory days. Seeing who could get their 50 in the least games .... ahhh. I look at what we have now and can only wonder why the hell 343 would take such a masterpiece and utterly destroy it.

You do know about 10% of all the people who play Halo 4 just play campaign for the really big XP challenges. About 33% of everybody who play Halo 4 just play online Spartan Ops to get easy credits. So that means there must be a lot more people playing Halo 4 than you think there are. Also still a lot of people play the oldie Halo's like Halo 2 and 3 and Wars including Reach and Halo: CE. Does it really matter if that much people play it? At least you can still actually play it online! Everybody has opinion's and nobody can change other peoples........