Flood Changes - Why Aren't you HEARING us 343?!?!?!!?

shanodd

Hi All,

It seems that after several months of Halo4 being relased and numerous discussion topics about Flood changes that the Halo Community(s) feel need to be implemented - It's clearly apparent through no changes to Flood at all, that our voices are not being heard.

My question to 343 is - How are you going to address the Flood posts and provide answers to the communities concerns and general ideas? Is there going to be a reply posted on the forums with reasoning behind why you have made no changes, or why you feel or believe that the flood layout you have currently (maps, weapon, and ability balance) is adequete, despite a large amount of player feedback.

The fact remains, players who migrated from Halo3 infection, were looking for an 'upgrade' or 'replacement' - which you delivered in the game variant, Flood. It is different to what people expected, and the 'survival' aspect of Flood from a 'humans' perspective, is almost merely impossible due to the below factors.

- Thrusters over-powered (Impact minimized on large open maps)

- 3 shot flood kill

Now I have no issue with the Over-powered thrusters, if it was 1 shot flood kill.

I don't even have an issue with the 3 shot flood kill, if the thrusters were nerfed...

BUT... when you combine both together, it makes it nearly impossible for a human to take on two or more flood at once, therefore dramatically reducing the survival % of the humans and taking a lot of fun out of the game.

I'll be moving back to Halo3 infection tonight, as I'm sick of waiting for 343 to fix Halo4 Flood gametype. It's not what we (Halo Community) expected, so please deliver something that we can all enjoy.

I checked Halo3 Infection population and it's somewhere near 2000 people - keeping in mind Halo3 is old and outdated.

I checked Halo4 flood population and it's somewhere near 300 people.

It's clear to me - the Halo Community do not agree with your Flood gametype structure.

Bungie heard our voices. Can you hear us 343?

I agree flood is ridiculously unbalanced. In Halo Reach it was hands down my favourite gametype. Even when I was one of the flood because sometimes I would have to creep around and be smart about how I was going to attack humans. But now every noob just charges at you with thruster pack and you're gone. every round lasts between 45 seconds - a minute and a half. Honestly? double you, tea, eff... I played flood for 4 weeks trying to give it a chance and adapt to the gametype but I just quit.

There's one problem you forgot to mention that is also another reason the gametype is unbalanced. In Halo Reach when you sword lunged at somebody you would have to go through the whole animation of the sword slashing before you killed them. But In halo 4, if somebody thrust packs into you and hits melee or fire, they can kill you without waiting for the animation. I have done it to countless humans and its unfair.

Either:

- Remove thrust pack and keep 3 shot kill

- OR, remove 3 shot kill.

- Or remove them both and just give the flood the ability to sprint.

I hate the flood gametype in matchmaking. It's boring and I think everybody would agree.

Remember how they didn't say anything about Forge before Forge Island was revealed? Be patient, the aforementioned redemption has reincarnated my trust in 343.

I believe you forgot to mention the round times. In Reach it was ten minutes max, and it usually lasted almost that long. Flood has max 3 min, but it;s not often that you get to the end. I went into matchmaking for Flood to time it, I got an above-average length game, and the entire three rounds lasted just over three minutes.

Well....

First of all, it may be just me, but I feel like you think 343 constantly reads this forum.

Well, it's not their forum. Surprise.

If you actually DO know this isn't there forum, well, 

I would say that the biggest issue with Flood is the lack of customizing the gametype. I wouldn't care much about online matchmaking; it's like the worse version of the original Reach Infection, which featured a bunch of evading zombies.

But really? You're gonna restrict infected to ugly bodies, prevent them from actual weapons, remove SOOOO many custom gaming options for Flood, and all the while expect people to not mod your game?

Dangit, 343, there's a reason why people flocked away from Flood while Living Dead, immediately after removal of evading zombies, became the top played/second top player playlist.

• Like 1

No harm is done with having Flood in Halo 4.

I think it is a fun game type to play when I am bored.

I dont play Flood much but I have no problem with it in the game.

You people always say the randomest crap and nothing is wrong with it just go with the

flow.

You people always say the randomest crap and nothing is wrong with it just go with the

flow.

As someone who only plays Infection when they're bored, you can't really say anything about it.

flow.

3qd5x2.jpg

In reach, Alpha zombies was ridiculously fun. Flood is boring. Everybody but you agrees. 

• Like 1

Customizing the gametype is the biggest issue, including the weapon issue. If we could create Flood gametypes with weapon use and access to other infection types there would be little to complain about. It can't be too hard. Lord Zed's creates the Flood mods that allows Flood to hold and pick up weapons like humans. But I'm just pointing out the obvious here. CV

• 4 weeks later...

flow.

Nothing is wrong with it?.......The population of the playlist begs to differ. Especially when the population of Zombies from a game that came years before is larger than the current Halo's.

A lot of people believe this to be the official 343 forum... when it's nothing of the sort. 343 doesn't have a forum.

It's called Waypoint

Edited by Neurotic Kasper

• 4 weeks later...