Noble E 2552 presents "Klondike" (2v2)

Author: NOBLE E 2552

Map name: Klondike

Game type: Infinity Slayer, Infinity Rumble

Player count: 2-6

I will start off by saying that this is a very unorthodox map. It has little verticality, and some "interesting" mechanics which I will explain why once I'm done the setting.

So it's set in a small, secluded gold mine in a forest in the Canadian North. There's lots of trees, obviously, as well as a mountain which contains the gold mine, a cabin, and a large mining truck. To complete this atmosphere, I added two elements which also alter the gameplay in a way that forces players to "adapt": Snow and wind. I achieved the snow effect by using Nova and Old Timey. I'd tried this before, but it never really achieved the effect until I tried it on Forge Island. This makes it harder to see, so players will be both cautious and eager to find an opponent. The wind, as you've probably figured, is simulated by gravity zones turned on their sides, influencing grenades and jumps. There is no wind (excluding the side entrace) in the cave.

Now about the layout design. It's pretty much flat and the trees can be used for cover, at least from sightlines. If you can find a target through the leaves, it's easy to pick off a snipe. The mountain offers high ground and verticality above the mine, but is rather bare, so it's easy to get sharpshot. Weather stations offer cover, especially for those trying to take out snipers. The truck and the cabin also offer what are essentially safe havens from snipers.

Weapons:

Frag grenade x2- Initial drop at both team spawns. Frequent resupply.

Shotgun- Initial drop near the truck. Infrequent resupply.

Sniper rifle- Initial drop on the mountainside. Infrequent resupply.

Random drops- A mix of powerful and terribly useless weapons in the cabin and mine.

Game types and player count:

This map plays 1v1 rather well as well as 3-5 player rumbles. It's also good for teamwork, but anything more that 3v3 becomes overly hectic. It also creates a unique atmosphere for Flood, but this also should not be played with large numbers as the layout doesn't allow for holdouts in many locations, and it's quite small. 

NOTICE: The current version of the map is completed but NOT final, I will be tweaking sightblockers, spawning, weapons, and layout mechanics continually, little-by-little until I am completely satisfied.

Pictures:

post-63818-0-68833400-1365115602_thumb.jpeg

The cabin

post-63818-0-02970900-1365115633_thumb.jpeg

The mountain

post-63818-0-32372600-1365454527_thumb.jpg

Overhead view

post-63818-0-16430000-1365115615_thumb.jpeg