If Halo 2 Anniversary Edition was a thing... What would you want out of it?

Scroticle

Assumed General Favorites  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want your Halo 2 remake served up?

• Nothing changed! Maybe draw distance, though. Those dots were annoying!
    • Just a graphical overhaul. Nothing that will mess with my precious glitches!
    • Totally redone, like they did with Halo CE's Anniversary Edition. I don't mind if they use Halo 4's engine.

So, it is possible Halo 2 will, or is, getting remastered/remade/anniversary edition/what have you'd. If this is the case, what would you want out of the experience? 

I will be posting my opinion separately, as to avoid influencing others' decisions.

Edit: Automerged, I'll wait for somebody else to post then repost my opinion.

Personally, I disliked the Halo 1 remake, as instead of keeping true-to-the-game mechanics for the old game, they just hooked up Reach's multiplayer. I got to enjoy the campaign, but that is where the fun stopped. So, for me, I wouldn't want them to mess with any of the key functionality that Halo 2 had. All I would want is updated textures & models, perhaps audio & animation as well if they are so inclined. Beyond that though, no change. I want to be able to still bounce, lunge, and have the ever-so-rare encounter with the infamous ghost on Lockout. Days on end of Tower of Power on Ascension, Cat & Mouse on Coag, Boxing, Cops & Robbers, etc. I don't want them to mess with the formula at all. I would like the inclusion of Co-Op over XBL for campaign, though. (Only 2 people, though. Keep it classy, ya know?)

So TL;DR:

Change only the graphical elements mostly, and absolutely nothing that would impact superbounces, rocket-canceling, even the cheap button combos should stay. 100% True to it's roots, yet optimized for today's hardware. (Well, tomorrow's I guess; it would be released after the next generation of consoles)

I just want amazing graphics, not with Halo 4's engine though I will be pissed the **** off. I want the same multiplayer from Halo 2, all the maps, playlists, emblems, everything.

Personally, I disliked the Halo 1 remake, as instead of keeping true-to-the-game mechanics for the old game, they just hooked up Reach's multiplayer. I got to enjoy the campaign, but that is where the fun stopped. So, for me, I wouldn't want them to mess with any of the key functionality that Halo 2 had. All I would want is updated textures & models, perhaps audio & animation as well if they are so inclined. Beyond that though, no change. I want to be able to still bounce, lunge, and have the ever-so-rare encounter with the infamous ghost on Lockout. Days on end of Tower of Power on Ascension, Cat & Mouse on Coag, Boxing, Cops & Robbers, etc. I don't want them to mess with the formula at all. I would like the inclusion of Co-Op over XBL for campaign, though. (Only 2 people, though. Keep it classy, ya know?)

So TL;DR:

Change only the graphical elements mostly, and absolutely nothing that would impact superbounces, rocket-canceling, even the cheap button combos should stay. 100% True to it's roots, yet optimized for today's hardware. (Well, tomorrow's I guess; it would be released after the next generation of consoles)

I always thought that HALO 2 was made to be "polished" at a later date, the way the graphics load up seem to hint at this.

If they make it again I hope they remove the 2 boss fights and replace them with epic battles.

Instead of having to punch regret you get to snipe him from long distance after taking out 20 or so honor gaurds .

And the boss battle with Tartarus... lots and lots of brutes and elites fighting and you have to make it through the gauntlet to get to tartarus and plant explosives on his phantom before he takes off.