A sad day for everyone... Disney is truly evil

Remember Star Wars Battlefront? We're you looking forward to Star Wars 1313 it First Assault? Kiss your dreams good bye. These games have been cancelled by Disney, as well as shutting Lucasarts down!

Article here;

http://m.oxm.co.uk/51866/disney-closes-lucasarts-star-wars-1313-cancelled/

I truly despise Disney. They have shattered hopes to a sequel to the best games ever...

This is a dark day for us all...

• Like 4

Most recently, LucasArts drew positive feedback for Star Wars 1313, which was intended to be a "mature" action title following a bounty hunter. The status of that title, in light of today's news, is unclear; Disney tells Polygon that it is looking into other options for releasing the game now that LucasArts will not be behind development any longer. The last game released by LucasArts was Kinect Star Wars. Full statement below.

Perhaps the fate of Star Wars 1313 is not sealed yet.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/3/4179386/disney-shuts-down-lucasarts-plans-to-license-star-wars-brand-to-others

Edited by SweatyBagels

Remember Star Wars Battlefront? We're you looking forward to Star Wars 1313 it First Assault? Kiss your dreams good bye. These games have been cancelled by Disney, as well as shutting Lucasarts down!

Article here;

http://m.oxm.co.uk/51866/disney-closes-lucasarts-star-wars-1313-cancelled/

I truly despise Disney. They have shattered hopes to a sequel to the best games ever...

This is a dark day for us all...

Eww.. thank you Disney. I hate Star Wars, it's for 2 year olds. I'm gonna like your post, cuz I like sadness in the name of Star Wars :P

Don't be so worried according to a few sources in Disney the projects (There was another game being worked on called Star Wars: First Assault -a remake of battlefront basically-) are not canceled, and most likely be developed upon further by a another developer.

So don't get too upset we probably haven't seen the last of these games :P

Eww.. thank you Disney. I hate Star Wars, it's for 2 year olds. I'm gonna like your post, cuz I like sadness in the name of Star Wars :P

I don't actually think Star Wars is for 2 years olds. Maybe you saw "The Clone Wars" Or whatever it's called, and i must agree that it really seems for kids, but i can assure the Old Trilogy and even the New are not for kids. I'm not familiar with the expanded universe, but it sure as hell wasn't born as a kid's movie.

P.S. Aaaaaaand Dedicated :P

Edited by SternuS
  • Like 2

I'm not as crushed by the cancellation of 1313, as I am worried about the people who are losing their jobs due to Disney's closure of Lucasarts. But considering the amount of Talent floating around that studio, they shouldn't be out of work for long. Hopefully 1313 will still see a release, but I wouldn't hold my breath. At least if they do make more movies, you need to consider that Disney also owns Marvel, and is responsible for The Avengers movie. Not to mention, I can't exactly remember a time when i ever thought,

"Dear god Disney. you make the worst movies I've ever seen. Finding Nemo was crap..."

So..... Fingers crossed this doesn't end up biting me in the buttocks... :unsure:

I'm honestly not surprised at this point.....

After all, we're talking about the same sell out that thought

STAR WARS KINECT was a good idea.

That's like if 343 stopped develpoment on Halo 5, and gave us

UNSC DANCE OFF WITH THE COVENANT, then dive right into the pile of money they made

while ignoring all the requests to continue the epic game.

OH you gotta be kidding me! I didn't think they would go as to closing it down.... why would they even do that...Disney is definitely truly EVIL... I can't believe it... I was looking forward to a new Star Wars game... ah man that sucks! Dreams, hopes, wishes, crushed....

DISNEY =  :devil: - (evil) 

Don't like Disney now......infact I never have liked them. SHUTTING LUCUSARTS DOWN!! What are they thinking? They have truly ruined a part of my precious life.

Sorry. I must calm myself down with a doggy Pedigree biscuit...........ummmmmmm.....tasty! 

-WOOFY-WOOFY-WOOF-  :dog:  :dog:

Anyone who truly appreciates Star Wars would understand that the Force is always with you and I highly doubt that we have seen the last of a franchise as big as Star Wars in video game form. They have three new movies coming out. They are going to have to create bad games for those movies, hur dur dur dur!

That is enough to make a Star Wars fan cry...

I love how they revamped 1st person perspective and brought it back to vehicles. my only complaint about Battlefront 2 was that they took the first person view from vehicle cockpits out.

If the game looked that good, it probably had the potential to be a HUGE game. People need to show their support for this so this great franchise gets saved.

Don't like Disney now......infact I never have liked them. SHUTTING LUCUSARTS DOWN!! What are they thinking? They have truly ruined a part of my precious life.

Sorry. I must calm myself down with a doggy Pedigree biscuit...........ummmmmmm.....tasty! 

-WOOFY-WOOFY-WOOF-  :dog:  :dog:

Nice profile pic, I like your dog