Name of map: HalO Deluxe

Name of Gametype: Halo Race
(Gametype utilizes a mod where the alpha flood has customizable weapons)

GT: AbandonedCashew

Canvas Map: Forge Island (<3), largest island.

Brief Description:
Halo Deluxe is a Halorace variant (heavily inspired by Halo Extreme on Reach), where the flood is at the general center of the track, with power weapons, and the humans are on mongooses driving to the end while avoiding fire from the flood. The map encircles the large island, and has 4 stories before reaching the end.

Detailed Description:
The map starts as the humans are on a platform hugging the side of the cliff, out of sight of the flood. As the humans drive for the first 10-20 seconds, the track will slowly gain altitude until it reaches the actual track. All the levels of the actual track are mostly vertically symmetrical in the way that the track isn't freestyle roller coaster, but it is one huge ring with many tiers. After traveling about 30-40 seconds, there is a ramp leading to the second level, and if you choose to keep going, there is one final ramp that allows access to the next story. The race continues like this until the third level, where it now follows a roller coaster form, but still in a general circle, until the final jump, where the human gets weapons to choose from to kill the flood. The map has obstacles for the humans as well as plenty of cover, that gradually gets more and more sparse without being repetitive. No 2 parts of the track look similar. The entire track takes on average 2min10sec to complete with a perfect run.

Player Count
Supported: 2-16
Recommended: 5-16

Pictures:
post-62071-0-21031000-1365014273_thumb.jpeg
post-62071-0-57601800-1365014244_thumb.jpeg
post-62071-0-39843500-1365014251_thumb.jpeg
post-62071-0-77807100-1365014257_thumb.jpeg
post-62071-0-40760600-1365014266_thumb.jpeg

Download Links

• Like 1

Yes. I played this map once in a lobby and it was fun as hell! I was lucky enough to be the shooter in the first round, and I played two rounds after that, so I got to play both sides. Enjoyed them both- this isn't one of those maps where the shooter is the only one having fun. I also think the map was extremely well forged, and I like how the drivers were blocked from view at intervals, making it harder for the shooter. Definitely downloading. I'm surprised you don't get more positive feedback...

The only thing I would fix- the flood can jump off the ledge and kill himself. When I made it to the end once, I waited a bit before killing him, just to taunt him, but just before I pulled the trigger, he jumped off and killed himself, so I didn't get credit.

Thanks dude, yeah i really think that THFE doesnt thoroughly enough look through their submissions.. I've given up. Anyway thanks a lot for the feedback! And with the jumping flood, i completely took into consideration that possibility when making the gametype and map, and the flood cant (or shouldn't) be able to jump. I don't know what might have happened, sorry though bout that. Again thanks for trying it out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I've given up hope on THFE features also. But I still post my maps here because I guess it's still worth a shot, and for anyone else who stumbles upon them and finds them interesting. I also try to get features from the smaller channels, like 0IAH, who featured yours.

But THFE does feature some pretty bad maps. For example, Jump Rope. and Hot Potato. Sure they were well made, but I can't see how anyone could possibly have that much fun playing them. This one was way better than both of those combined. If those can get featured, this one should be also.

Also, the halo forge epidemic follows some particular forgers, and features pretty much any map they make. A good example is oomishday3, who must've had about a million by now (I know 3 from the top of my head) while most of us, many whose maps are better than theirs, fight a long hard struggle to get a single one and end up failing. Sure, oomishday3 has made some pretty good maps, like Drag Race. But Plinko Extreme was... alright I guess, but definitely not feature worthy.

But as for the jumping flood, maybe he didn't jump. It is possible for them to get a slight upward boost by firing something like an incineration cannon at the ground, which, if you game him enough health as to not get killed by it, could have launched him over. Not much of a problem, but if you really want to fix it, a downward-facing gravity volume, or a trait zone providing extra gravity for the flood shooting area, should do the trick.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...