AA/ power up: Jackal shield

haloman 2

Hey guys! I just had an idea for an AA or power up that i've always wanted. but before i get started i do have to give someone credit even though he didn't talk to me or anything about it. all it was, was his profile picture he has right now.

WildfireC I love your profile picture and your profile picture is what made me think of my idea. thank you for the pic.  the idea was from the captain america master chief on your pic. the one with the shield.

ok now to my idea. it's very self explanatory. all it is, is pretty much a the jackal shield. you hold it on the wrist (obviously). it also has the little hole where you can put the gun. the guns that work for it are magnum, plasma pistol, plasma rifle, assault rifle (it is inaccurate if it's assault rifle or plasma rifle), sticky detonator (that is also very inaccurate too). those are all of the weapons. you can sprint with it and run with it when you just normally run you hold it in front you and when you sprint your you don't hold the shield in front of you. when you stand still you hold it in front of you to protect you from fire. it deflects most normal guns and concussion rifle blasts but when it comes to more K.O weapons it gets really weak. it takes two shots for take down with a sniper. and three energy sword strikes. when you crouch with it on  you hold it like a jackal does when they are shooting at you from halo 1. all it is, is pretty much the original jackal shield from halo 1. 

alright i hope you guys like it and tell me your thoughts or improvements or things like that. add on to it etc...

I think it would be even better as a weapon. Let me explain.

After you kill a jackal with a Magnum shot to the face, you go over to its body and dual wield the shield. Technically, you could go around holding two jackal shields, but it wouldn't be very effective. You can pocket it and pull out another weapon, then switch over to it again when the fighting gets intense. You wouldn't be able to put it in a load-out, but it would be placebos in Forge. It is dual wield compatible with secondary weapons.

• Like 1

I could see it working the way ForgeMonitor describes, with Battery as the Shields strength rather than its ammo. Plasma Pistol Overcharge Shot drains 50% of the shield and it collapses to pop back up again like Jackles in Reach. Sniper round would be deflected but something like 60% would be drained. Maybe...

• Like 1

Thanks for the complement and i like the idea never really thought of that though even with it being my pic and just seach halo avengers its should come up

ya i noticed that a bit. it was a while ago when i noticed it. all i noticed though was iron man hulk and captain america. any ways I've been thinking about it since halo 2 and i forgot i though about it then i looked at your pic and it hit me!! hope more people see this and that you buys like it

I could see it working the way ForgeMonitor describes, with Battery as the Shields strength rather than its ammo. Plasma Pistol Overcharge Shot drains 50% of the shield and it collapses to pop back up again like Jackles in Reach. Sniper round would be deflected but something like 60% would be drained. Maybe...

I think it would be even better as a weapon. Let me explain.

After you kill a jackal with a Magnum shot to the face, you go over to its body and dual wield the shield. Technically, you could go around holding two jackal shields, but it wouldn't be very effective. You can pocket it and pull out another weapon, then switch over to it again when the fighting gets intense. You wouldn't be able to put it in a load-out, but it would be placebos in Forge. It is dual wield compatible with secondary weapons.

those are really good ideas i like those ideas too. i think those could work

I do see the Jshield as a dual-Wieldable weapon. However, it is made redundant by the Hardlight shield, which would have to be removed or implemented differently.

yes thats why i brought this topic up. i don't like the hard light shield. it's not too  good. it wears out too fast. thats why i was thinking more like what back demo and forge monitor said. it has percentage like an energy sword when used. every shot it takes or every shot you use it gets less and less percentage. also with the hard light shield i don't like how slow you go when using it. thats why you can dual wiled it with a weapon and a run with it and all that. to move faster

My thought was it is an AA but it makes u draw a sidearm or make ur primary very inacurate and is rased and lowered when pressing the AA button then it is like a shield it would take damage but not regenerate until it was lowered, it keeps u in first person and you can move as normal

• Like 1

oh and i have a question. what is the "mark solved" option and what does it do. and another one. (this one is just a pet peeve of mine) i posted this today at 8:30 AM today march 2nd but the thread says i started this yesterday. why does it say that?

and sorry for it being off topic too

• 2 months later...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like the Hardlight Shield. I've thought about the Jackal shield being used in a Halo game ever since I read Ghosts of Onyx. It told about how the Spartan IIIs (without MJOLNIR armor, unlike Noble Team) would scavenge for these to help protect themselves while on suicide missions. All surviving S-IIIs were offered to become Spartan IVs, after all, so it would make sense that this tactic would become more used as they taught the next generation of Spartans. I don't think that the shield should be an Armor Ability, since that never seems to work with the Halo games (Reach and 4), but dual-wielding would be perfect. However, I think it should only allow dual wielding of secondary weapons and very specific power weapons, which would need to be dual-wielded on their own to work sensibly. The Brute Maulers for instance, would be a great weapon to use with the Jackal Shield, and I'd take the Mauler as a dual-wieldable power weapon over the Boltshot secondary any day. Some things in the arsenal should change, to accommodate for this addition. The Spiker (assuming the Brutes return) would need to be done differently. I'd like to see a Retro Lancer-esque ( for those of you who play Gears of War) iteration of the Brutes' main rifle, rather than the Spiker's small design that even a Prophet could use. This would somewhat mimic 343i's transformation of the Plasma Rifle into the Storm Rifle.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...