Tuesday Night Tests

AbleSir Thomas

Map: Hyperion

Gamertag: Roughsta

Gametypes: Team Slayer, Extraction, King Of The Hill

Players: 16

Notes:

I'd like to get some general feedback on the map and especially to the following points:

-Spawn placement

-Lines of sight

-Movement/Gameflow

-Hill and Extraction Point Placement

-How competitive does it feel?

I'd realy appreciate any constructive suggestions...

• Like 1

Gamertag: alex quit

Map: Erosion Testing Facility

Gametype: Fatal Experiment (Infection)

Player Count: 12

Notes: I would like to see how the most recent changes made to this map play out. This will be my first map tested with THFE

P.S. - I will be online no later than 9pm

Map: Vanguard 3.0

Canvas: Impact

GT: CrimsonVolver

Players: 8-12

Retest map for playability with dramatic revisioning based on last Tuesday Map Test. So far frame rate issue resolved and renovated interior with lower hall stripped out and new architecture throughout to hopefully improve segmentation design. Looking forward to some positive feedback. File not in my fileshare at this time as I am going to be tweaking it after the map test with Friday Night Customs tonight. I may also be testing a custom gametype I created for this map. Still undecided on that. Screenshot in my signature is a flyby view of my updated map. CV

Gamertag: BlahishSnipesU

Map Variant: Bespin: Cloud City

Gametype: Star Wars Battlefront Conquest

Player Count: 16 players

Notes: I want an overall test for this, since this will be the first time it is being tested.  I can't do too much to in terms of moving/adding/deleting pieces, because this is a remake and the budget and resources are nearly used up.  The main things I want to know is if I should change the loadouts in the gametype in any way, or if some of the bases should be moved (keep in mind that I want to keep the bases in the original spots they were in Battlefront), but there is room for one base to move. 

Also, in the future, I will touch up on the aesthetics and straighten out some pieces.  When I was making the carbon freezing chamber I was low on resources and I was in a hurry, so I know that will need fixing and I will fix it when given the time. 

Map name: Cadaver's Cabin

Gamer tag: Rabid Cadaver

Description: 1v1 - 4v4 slayer map made on the smallest island on Forge Island. The cabin features very detailed modern architecture with a cylindrical living room and square garage and porch. Two tree houses, one octagon, two story tree house as well as a break away tree house. Mountain range with sniper positions and walk through cave area. Little details like wood columns, the craziest light fixture you'll ever see in forge as well as the over all aesthetics makes this not only enjoyable to play, but will have you saving this map permanently in your file share

Map link: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/rabid%20cadaver/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=6d3c433c-fe6a-442a-8a56-5571fc32efcd

GT: CrimsonVolver

Map name: Sanctorium 2.0

Canvas: Forge Island

Reason: Test playability, spawns, weapon placement and selection, etc., for Infinity Slayer.

Players: 2v2 or 3v3.

Description: Small map, forged inside the small Island. Takes on a cavernous asymmetrical layout. There is a Sanctorium map, but I redesigned the segmentation and general flow as the first set up, small as it is, made contact less often as would be expected. This is a close quarters  map with three rooms (Blue, Green, Red). The design seems to support gametypes like Extraction and Dominion, KOTH, and probably Oddball, but I want to start out by making sure Slayer gametypes work before I jump to objective gametypes. This is not a bridge map, like some of my other maps. There are close quarters areas, but also room for jumping and strafing tactics. There are good lines of sight, and also various useful ways to find cover when needed. I have been forging since Halo 3, and as Canadian Echo recently told me, it shows in my Forging. Not sure what that means, but I am beginning to realize I need to evolve my general approach to map making. Still, I am proud of my achievement with Sanctorium, and I think it might reflect what I have been learning via my critique on other maps by THFE and other respected Forgers.

Looking forward to next Tuesday.

CV

I updated the OP. RedStarRocket91 will be hosting an additional lobby of TNT at 2:00 pm cst. I will continue hosting at 6:00 pm cst. Also be sure to send a friend request to the new TNT gamertag "TNThalo01".

RedStarRocket91 has proven himself to be down to earth and a good community leader. He will begin hosting on a trial basis. I will attend the earlier time-slot to ensure everything transitions smoothly. If this time-slot is popular, we will add additional hosts and time-slots to accommodate demand.

• Like 1

I updated the OP. RedStarRocket91 will be hosting an additional lobby of TNT at 2:00 pm cst. I will continue hosting at 6:00 pm cst. Also be sure to send a friend request to the new TNT gamertag "TNThalo01".

RedStarRocket91 has proven himself to be down to earth and a good community leader. He will begin hosting on a trial basis. I will attend the earlier time-slot to ensure everything transitions smoothly. If this time-slot is popular, we will add additional hosts and time-slots to accommodate demand.

I'll join but I won't provide a map I will just test