Hey guys thanks for clicking the link to the Weekly Site Wrapup there's a lot of news to go around so get a good read of it all and enjoy:

Primary Announcement: Twam the Administator of the lovely site you frequent (this one) has finished installing the new hard drive and is using the off hours to transfer all the data so if you're noticing some bug fixes, less spambots posting racey images in threads under names in foreign languages, and 343iBot not welcoming 57 new people at one time, then this could be why. Check it out along with his addition of a 'Best Answer' here.

CONTESTS

Free Controller Giveaway

post-60767-0-43074200-1363709561.png

Our friends at HaloCustoms are working together with GamerModz about a contest for whoever can make the best looking custom controller. Whoever makes the best design wins that controller that they designed! Insane54 of HaloCustoms gives you the details of the contest here.

Get A Clue Forge Contest

clue_banner2_zps1d3ad740.png

Since he is so active in the playing and map testing for the Clue gametype, Staff member Spades N AZ has been called upon to be a judge for the Get A Clue Forge Contest. For those of you that love the Clue gametype or have no idea what it is and want to know more click_here!!

CUSTOM GAMES NIGHT

SpadesS-1CGN_zpsba8b5ad4.png

Spades N AZ's Custom Games Night

Spades has recently decided to take his first break from doing Custom Games Night in three years but he will be back. Here are words from Spades N AZ himself:

Yes guys sadly enough I am taking a few weeks off of CGN. It's the first break in the 3 years that I have hosted it. But it will be back! My first lobby will be underground and only solid supporters will get an invite. After that they will continue being posted on Halocustoms each week with SolidSnakee doing the recaps. I look forward to shooting you all in the face again soon.

If you want information on Custom Games Night click the title of the section.

DESTINY

Choot 'em keeps 'em coming with Bungie's Mailsack March 22nd

And Bungie's Mailsack March 29th.

Reach our Bungie Forum by clicking the title of the section that says DESTINY.

DGL

DGLBanner-Small_zps9aa913b7.png

DGL matches are completed when possible. The DGL will be seen through to its end.

WHY ISN'T MAJESTIC DIVISION ACTIVE!?

Crimson Division:
Drizzy_Dan, Gazzy Mill Mill, Neurotic Kasper, Real Talk, Sarge

Majestic Division:
Hater, GermanShepherdD, SikSlik7, M4L1C1OU5, Lil Dog, Forum Dinosaur

Info on the DGL can be found at these links:

Rules_and_Info

Weekly_Match_List
Match_Results/Leaderboard
Gametype_and_Scoring_Info

3/27 - Gazzy Mill Mill won against Real Talk 20 - 8

FEATURED INTERVIEWS

Nova - Don't know Nova? Well you definitely should. He rarely pops up now a days but he's here.

FORGE

MeetYourMaker_zps65c5bb67.png

343 Industries Community Forum and The Halo Forge Epidemic bring you the Meet Your Maker 4v4 Infinity Slayer Forge Contest.

Your judges:

Alzarahn (Blueprint Forge Group)

WARHOLIC (The Halo Council)

Ducain23 (Ducain23)

SaItyKoalaBear

Rezix333

OakleyHiDef (THFE)

Psychoduck (THFE)

Spades N AZ (343i.org)

Absolute Dog (343i.org)

The judges are reaching their final cuts and have come up with one of the runners up! Here it is in a video feature by THFE's Psychoduck: Black Site by The Fated Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDFW-VQx6Ow&feature=player_embedded 

Featured Map

What is there to say about this map that you can't already conclude on your own from the pictures? This is a map made by @Creative Gaming Inc. from HaloCustoms and is actually a 1:4 scale model of Saint Mark's Square in Venice. This is called Venice in Miniature. Find the map thread here.

post-63818-0-88445100-1363573432.jpg

post-63818-0-95900800-1363572520_thumb.j

GAMING NEWS

Forge Island is out! 343i has given us the Forge Island that was originally supposed to come out on April 11th, after the Castle Map Pack, about 2 weeks early. Just yesterday it became available for download for free on the Xbox Live Marketplace so get on it! In this update for Forge you have more natural structures to Forge like larger rocks and TREES and you can Forge in the water partially (about hip's height on your Spartan).  Seriously stop reading this and go get it already. But then come back to read this of course.

PLAY DATES

Halo Wars Play Date

euBrvQH.png

The Halo Wars Play Date hosted by DocSpartanO07 was awesome. I had to get off early after our second game because I have Saturday class like a jerk face... But I wanna get back on today! Hopefully more people join throughout the day, Halo Wars is one of those games that you can play all day believe it or not you just gotta realy love it. The first game was me and Doc with the AI against Frankenzer, Thomas and Dino and we won and the second game was another Staff vs Members game where Lil Dog joined and we won yet again. Good game members, maybe next time!

Participants:

DocSpartanO07, ThomasScott02, Frankenzer, Forum Dinosaur, Real TalkHarbinger, and Lil Dog

Info on all contests and events can be found by clicking the title of the section that says PLAY DATES.

Everyone who participates in any Community Play Dates gets the Gamer Award: participate.png

Attend Play Dates, rack up awards!

Do You Think You're A Racer?

A contest started by News Group's Lil Dog to bring out the competition of any racers in the community. Find the details of last week's trial here.

Meet Your Maker Play Date

The Meet Your Maker Play Date is getting a lot of positive feedback from players and Forgers alike. Follow the thread to watch for an incoming date and time here.

Shifting Gears Game Night

I won't post the full story here but we are having a Gears of War Play Date hosted by Community Moderator RedStarRocket91. It's going to be a heck of a night. Any members that join will not only get to talk to a lobby full of Staff and Legendary Members but will earn the very rare Shifting Gears Award which will stay under wraps for now. And on top of all that awesomeness, one person's gonna win a custom, one of a kind controller skin that's 343i.org Shifting Gears Night themed. Find the post for the event here. I will add the banner in next week's WSW!

We're always looking for your Play Date ideas, just post them here

SURVIVOR: HALO STYLE

rbp9a.png

Season 2 is getting a REBOOT!

With all the traffic coming in after the competition started, Absolute Dog has decided to start the competition again from scratch. There are some details that I'm going to withhold for now but trust me when I say, if you have the time for this, do it.

WELCOME

pJ5SjOR_zpsa31c44ba.png

Pol Wah, an amazing Flood map cartographer, will be taking over the Flood subforum. Absolute Dog has reached out to him and he will be expanding our Forge Community on the site. Those of you who have been to Spades N AZ's Custom Games Nights might know his map Shroom Plague. Here's a feature of it on his own YouTube Channel: HaloForgeNetwork. Find his Flood Submission Thread here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtA3TIIwAt4 

That was your Wrapup, now scroll back up and read it all over again GryffinGuy.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 6