Friendly Fire Should be Disabled? 343i PLEASE READ THIS!

SplendidSAHIL

Friendly Fire Should be Disabled from Matchmaking?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Friendly Fire Should be disabled from Matchmaking?

• Yes!! REMOVE! I hate it! I will kill Justin Beiber though!
    • No! I love betraying people! I am a troll!
    • REMOVE IT!! TODAY!! RIGHT NOW!!!! I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!!!
    • No. It won't be fun without betraying people.
    • It will make it unfair. So NO!!
    • Yes! Please! It will really make the game more enjoyable!
  2. 2. Disable Friendly Fire at Certain Playlists in Matchmaking? Comment and explain which one.

• Yes!
    • NO! REMOVE FROM THE ENTIRE MATCHMAKING!
    • Yes. But I think you should do it only in Arena.
    • No. Friendly fire is awesome. I love annoying the heck outta people! lol
    • I like pie
  3. 3. Disable Friendly Fire from Halo Anniversary Playlist ONLY?

• Yes. That will bring the classic experience we had 10 years ago on our PCs
    • NO NOT ONLY THIS PLAYLIST! THE WHOLE OF MATCHMAKING!
    • No. Friendly Fire is Fun!

Do you think Friendly fire should be removed from Matchmaking?

I personally think yes. There are so many trolls just betraying people for fun. It ruins the experience.

My personal experience was. I was playing a nice game of Matchmaking in the "Team Slayer" Playlist and I was alone with no friends with me at that time. So I was enjoying and nicely got some nice grenade kills and sniper no scopes and 1 guy from my team had left the game in Pre-game lobby so it was a 3v4 but we were winning because I was pwning. I don't wanna brag to much. But the other 2 guys in my team were complete noobs and had only about 3 kills in that game and I managed to get about 31 kills and I was winning the game for my team.

No here is the part where I got booted. So I was on the cage map so I was where the Grenade Launcher spawns and then the whole red team comes together from the rocket launcher spawn and starts charging towards me from the left side, exactly where the Grenade Launcher spawns so I managed to kill 2 guys but just when I was about to kill the other 2 guys to get a Overkill. I see my teammates charging from the Man Cannon Landing and just when I find them. I already stuck both of the red team guys and my teammates like idiots try to assassinate those guys who were coming to kill me and then both die with my Grenade and I get a overkill but if you actually think of it. It was kinda like a killtrocity LOL. But because of that double betrayal... I get booted. When I warned those idiots NOT to come close to those guys because I was about to stick them. But they didn't listen and just got betrayed by me on purpose and I really didn't mean to kill them.

I guess they didn't want me in their team. I cursed them by sending them both a message. One replied that he didn't do it. The other said. I boot people automatically.

So this is why I hate friendly fire. Because such people like that guy just boot you when you you don't even betray them on purpose.

Please guys. Support this post and make it popular if you really want 343i to see this and disable friendly fire.

And if you want friendly fire to be disabled from certain playlists then please post your comment and state which playlist you want Friendly Fire to be removed.

Please vote weather you want friendly fire or not.

If you want it to be removed from the Entire Matchmaking. Then there is a voting option there. Please vote.

yea after reading this, ive had similar situations where i could have been booted. like i seen the guy from across the map standing still sniping. i had rocket launcher so i took a shot. after my shot is taken within two seconds of it being fired he sprints right into the path taking the rocket for himself. 1. i get a betrayal and 2. now i didnt get that kill. luckily i wasnt booted but i could have been. i say take friendly fire off.

K we all have out odd betrayals and sometimes get booted, but think of this situation. You're in BTB, you get sniper, BUT you got this ********* who betrays you for it. you have the option to boot him, do you boot? of course you do. this ********* betrays you for a power weapon & you're angry. why would you not boot him? because your a ***** & don't think its a big deal. hell no. nobody likes getting purposely betrayed, but if you take out friendly fire completely, it degrades the gameplay and doesn't make it as realistic. like if you're team runs into a grenade, thrown by you, then tough luck. either you shouldn't be spamming grenades (and should get booted) or your teammate was an idiot. a grenade should do area damage, so it shouldn't know whether your team is near or the enemy. grenades/weapons have no ai of knowing which enemy its shooting, thats all user errors, and thats where they betrayal system comes into play. now mind you, i know the betrayal system isn't perfect, god knows its not perfect. so rather than removing it completely, maybe make some updates for it to where its not so sensitive. either you shouldn't be spamming grenades (and should get booted) or your teammate was an idiot.

Friendly Fire only makes the game fair. Imagine if the Wraiths and the Banshees could drop their bombs at will, without worrying about their own team mates. How much grenade spamming would hurt.

Now if you use Friendly Fire to betray your own team in order to take their weapons or vehicles, you should be removed from Matchmaking, not Friendly Fire.

Friendly Fire only makes the game fair. Imagine if the Wraiths and the Banshees could drop their bombs at will, without worrying about their own team mates. How much grenade spamming would hurt.

Now if you use Friendly Fire to betray your own team in order to take their weapons or vehicles, you should be removed from Matchmaking, not Friendly Fire.

Agreed. But on the other hand, getting booted when a n00b sprints into your grenade or rocket really sucks.

I think the system for booting just needs tweaking. I mean, first of all, accidents happen. I RARELY boot

for betrayal, because nine times out of ten it's either my fault I get betrayed, or it's an obvious accident.

Second, what 343 needs to worry about is the A-Hole team killers. Maybe an auto-boot for 3 or 4 or 5 betrayals?

And also, if you betray a teammate AND take his weapon...10 minute wait to re-join matchmaking baby! Just my opinion :drinks:

These poll options are pathetic. No, friendly fire should not be removed. Doing so would result in people sending their teamates in as walking sticky bombs, a lot more grenade spamming, carelessness when around partners, etc. Friendly fire has been a part of Halo since the beginning. It would mess with how people play the game, and create some really cheap and unfair tactics. No, friendly fire should not be removed. It's annoying to be booted for something that was an accident, yes. That's the booters fault, not friendly fire's. If someone boots a player regardless if it was an accident or not, they're pathetic. End of story.

I agree with you. In the update. I think they should improve the booting system. If a enemy is 10 feet close to your teammate who you betrayed. There should be a booting option.

But if somebody betrays you for your weapon. Then the booting option should pop up.

Halo Reach booting system sucks so I think they need to improve it and make it more fair.

biased poll is biased. it's not about betraying for friendly fire. it's more about the fact that my grenades while intended to hit an opponent should also injure a nearby teammate same goes with rockets and all bullets. it'd be unbalanced if i could fire off a rocket at an opponent fighting against a teammate and only kill the opponent. just don't get butt hurt when you get betrayed.