Halo 6, Hunters and beyond

CrimsonVolver

Here is an idea that might actually get some interest. I, like so many Halo geeks, am somewhat fascinated by the Hunter species, particularly the fact that they are a collectivist species of several worms. First, I am curious about the Hunter home world, their culture, and what other possible species or variations might exist. I first brought this idea up in this topic.

So, the idea goes like this, and has two parts: Part One: In a future Halo installment, such as Halo 6, we could be introduced to a new Hunter-like enemy (or enemies?), one that is more agile perhaps, offering a new Elite like enemy, but with its own unique qualities. This offers new variety to the game without necessarily losing the core elements. Also, new weapons, Armor Abilities, etc.

The second part of this idea goes like this: 343 could run a trillogy with this Hunter-type character as the hero in this new saga. We could learn more about the Hunter home world and I think it woud be a way to explore something new within the Halo Universe.

What are your thoughts?

CV

The Mgalegkolo form is one of the smallest forms the worms take, implying that Scarabs and Harvesters are more standard configurations for Lekgolo

Edited by BaconShelf

You sir, have got my attention here! I've always thought that it was really weird how Hunters were made up of a bunch of worms that work in unison. But honestly, I have never questioned it much farther than that. It would certainly be interesting to learn how they grow and develop, reproduce, communicate with other species, and develop their own technology

Bacon shelf made a great point. I do remember reading that scarabs have been rumored to be organic. They do seem extremely mechanical, but who knows what is underneath that immensely thick armor?? The harvesters, though, seem to resemble an organic organism much more. it looks as if it had its own distinct facial features, so I question it being of the same worms as a hunter

The problem with a hunter based game is that the story would probably be pretty terrible. The worms work in a survival type of way due to their primitive brains, so there would literally be no character development from the protagonist.

Very true. I suppose as a side game would not work well, but perhaps open as a way to introduce new foes to fight down the road? I don't know. I have learned a lot from the contributions of others. I have not read any of the books, though I flipped through the Halo Encyclopedia once. I'm thinking I might check out the books. After all, I have played the game for ten years; I should know more than I do.

CV

Very true. I suppose as a side game would not work well, but perhaps open as a way to introduce new foes to fight down the road? I don't know. I have learned a lot from the contributions of others. I have not read any of the books, though I flipped through the Halo Encyclopedia once. I'm thinking I might check out the books. After all, I have played the game for ten years; I should know more than I do.

CV

I could see us being Chief or some other UNSC personnel going to the Lekgolo planet, that definitely seems to be in the realm of possibility. Just saying playing as a hunter probably wouldn't be too great.

I could see us being Chief or some other UNSC personnel going to the Lekgolo planet, that definitely seems to be in the realm of possibility. Just saying playing as a hunter probably wouldn't be too great.

I hear what you are saying. I agree. I think going to the Lekgolo home planet would be full of new and interesting possibilities.

• 2 weeks later...

Your idea could be a good one, one that would have many different aspects to it. Including culture, back story, etc. 

However I have to agree with some other members, it would be quite difficult to integrate the story into the Halo series. It could be something more towards a mini game or in game mission where you play as Cortana or another AI who has taken over a Mgalegkoko and is using it to preform a task of sorts. But to actually create a game series around the species is possibly pushing it a little. 

I do like the idea, there are many ways of going about it: as it is stated somewhere, the worms become smarter and more aware when they are greater in number, so consciousness in terms of a character personality would not be out of the question. Game could have features where if you use worms or find worms from different areas or that have experienced different things, the more you personality changes, weapons, character traits, armor, etc. 

But again, it would be difficult to imagine an entire game based around the idea. Though a very interesting idea nonetheless. 

• Like 1