Massive Multiplayer Match Idea's and Maps For Game Type, Rules, Vehicles, Capacity Etc.

Arklight418

Massive Multiplayer Idea

For this idea i would think this would go well if its for a new gaming console because god help us if this was for the 360 because this would probably create a lag storm. Anyway what I would think for this type of game mode would be are...

- 1-3 maps that are as big as Arma maps. (their like 64 square kilometers for the Newest one coming up and for smaller ones at that)

- A capacity of 30 players EACH team.

- Extremely oversized and armored vehicles like the Mammoth or the Elephant but can be destroyed by tanks or other means of explosives and a sort of dropship like a Pelican or anything new you guys are probably secretly working on.

- Better combat, the combat in Halo 4 wasn't bad but wasn't great either it was to easy to be killed it seemed like so maybe thicker spartan armor or the elite armor would increase damage protection and the vehicle plating helps protect against tank shells or gauss cannon rounds.

- A new drivable vehicle (to those who haven't played Halo Wars) the Rhino as a Support Tank that could probably wipe out a mammoth or elephant and tanks and Warthogs would be able to be transported Via pelican.

- Npc squads like ODST's or Elite Drop Troops to Help when in infantry battles which would be a terrain not operable by vehicles but is for infantry.

- (REQUIREMENT) Good network connection so people don't lag and make everyone mad

- Only playable a few times a day so the servers don't overload and to reduce the chance of running into a whiney little kid because no one enjoys that period -_-

Comment on what you think of this or create you're own list of ideas for this type and post below.

Good idea, but remember that this is Halo NOT Battlefield.

There's been enough complaints about Halo copying CoD, so indeed we don't need complaints from the friendly community of Battlefield. I can see why you'd enjoy such an idea, but the reality is that any snipers on the map would ultimately dominate, due to the damage and health of Halo games. This also is a means of maps to be dominated by long-range precision weapons such as the DMR, BR and LR. Therefore, the more close-ranged players of the community would gather no real entertainment and interest out of the maps, nor the game. This is not apparent in Battlefield, because the Damage to Health ratio is much smaller, which means that a player with a heavy LMG, is still able to take out a Sniper from a considerable distance.

The coming of Destiny also means that we can just go ahead and play that, rather than 343i and Bungie work on an extremely close-related genre or game. Just think about it a bit more. No reason to be upset, there's a considerable amount of stimuli for you to think up the idea, just needs to be refined a bit more.

• Like 3

There's been enough complaints about Halo copying CoD, so indeed we don't need complaints from the friendly community of Battlefield. I can see why you'd enjoy such an idea, but the reality is that any snipers on the map would ultimately dominate, due to the damage and health of Halo games. This also is a means of maps to be dominated by long-range precision weapons such as the DMR, BR and LR. Therefore, the more close-ranged players of the community would gather no real entertainment and interest out of the maps, nor the game. This is not apparent in Battlefield, because the Damage to Health ratio is much smaller, which means that a player with a heavy LMG, is still able to take out a Sniper from a considerable distance.

The coming of Destiny also means that we can just go ahead and play that, rather than 343i and Bungie work on an extremely close-related genre or game. Just think about it a bit more. No reason to be upset, there's a considerable amount of stimuli for you to think up the idea, just needs to be refined a bit more.

Yeah i agree with you plus i haven't checked into destiny much but considering its by 343 the creators of the halo universe its probably going to be extremely expansive but i bet they could probably think of something to be able to reduce camping but eh I agree with you and I've only played Battlefield like once so any references to it was unintended but yes I can most likely think of something better about it though.

• 3 months later...

Ordinance is probably my least favorite feature in H4. In my opinion access to power weapons and vehicles should be from map control, not on how many people you've slain. In H4, true skill isn't the deciding factor in Infinity gametypes. The deciding factor seems to be who gets the most sniper rifle drops. It makes map control is negligable. The game plays more like CoD in the sense that you play the map in a single player fashion, looking to give yourself the largest personal advantage, rather than taking up more exposed or assaultable positions in order to help cover different areas or open up alternate routes for your team.

I like the idea of "drops" though... With the nextgen consoles it would not be out of the question to see gunships deliver weapon pods (like in H2's campaign) or vehicles for your team or simply across the battlefield for either team to scavange.

On the topic of large maps, I'd like to see maps specifically designed and balanced for tanks and other vehicles. Sandtrap in H3 was so much fun for vehicles.

The coming of Destiny also means that we can just go ahead and play that, rather than 343i and Bungie work on an extremely close-related genre or game. Just think about it a bit more. No reason to be upset, there's a considerable amount of stimuli for you to think up the idea, just needs to be refined a bit more.

The point is not to have a bunch of infantry running around like chickens getting picked off by snipers. It's supposed to be vehicle ware fare. The sniper is gonna get raped by the guys in a falcon, or by a main battle tank, or by a longsword. If people feel like using ARs then they shouldn't play on large maps, because they will get raped. BTB has the largest population in halo 4 and I bet anything a 30v30 playlist would have the highest population in halo 5.

UNSC Vehicles:

-Warthog

•Gauss (reach)

•Rocket (halo 4)

•Chain Gun (halo 4)

•Transport

-Mongoose (halo 3)

-Scorpion (reach)

-Mantis

•weapons can be customized (can have two rocket launchers or two machine guns or one of each)

-Viper (Light assault aircraft)

•Equipped with heat seeking missiles and light machine gun

•Highly maneuverable (on the level of the banshee), weak armor

-Hornet (controls exactly the same as the falcon)

-Falcon

•customizable in forge menu

•can be equipped with an forward mounted 40mm chain gun which is operated by the pilot

•doors can be equipped with

1) chain guns

2) rocket launchers

3) gauss turrets

4) auto grenade launchers

5) seats

•can hold 2 additional passengers who can fire their personal weapons

-Pelican

•controls like the falcon

•forward mounted 40mm cannon

•two machine gun turrets mounted on back

•can carry up to 8 passengers who can move and fire their personal weapons

•contain two small arms racks in cargo area loaded with small arms and grenades

UNSC weapons:

-Magnum (DW)

•No scope

•5 shot kill

•high recoil

•High ROF

-Auto mag (DW)(40m)

•scoped

•6 shot kill

•high recoil

•slower ROF

-SMG (DW)

•can be used as a sidearm

•40 round magazine

-Battle Rifle (60m)

-DMR (120m)

-Assault rifle

-SSMG

•the silenced SMG from ODST

•60 round magazine, scoped

-Frag grenade

-SAW

•buffed, heavier H4 version

•please, PLEASE make it look better. It looks like compete crap in halo 4!

-EMP Launcher

•grenade launcher from halo reach

-Grenade Launcher

•fires projectiles similar to the sticky detonator that will explode on contact or await detonation depending on firing mode(Utilizes a 3 round magazine)

-Spartan Laser

•similar to the reach version

-Sniper Rifle (300m)

-Gauss Sniper (400m)

•Battery Operated

•Holds 12 shots

•Takes 1 second to charge up, but can then fire up to 3 shots in rapid succession with very little recoil.

•Damage is equivalent to the sniper rifle but does less damage to vehicles

-Rocket Launcher

•Fires two types of rockets, Anti-personnel rockets (which appear green on your HUD) are unguided and deal high splash damage, while anti-vehicle rockets (blue on your HUD) track ALL vehicles and have high penetrative power, dealing twice the damage against vehicles.

-Railgun

•Halo 4 version

-Heavy Railgun (500m)

•One hit kill on ANYTHING, including pelicans(comes with 1 extra round and takes 5 seconds to charge and fire)

-Hyper Rifle (250m)

• 3 shot kill, low ROF

• battery operated, batter holds energy for 36 shots

• emits high intensity atom laser

-Machete

•for custom games only

•2 hit kill, but can be swung faster than a sword

•ideal for custom infection gametypes and Floodfight

Detachable Turrets:

-Machine gun

-Flamethrower

-Missile pod

Emplacements:

-Rocket Turret

•Fires volleys of 4 rockets, rockets become guided when the operator enters first person mode and looks through the emplacements holographic optics. Range 1000m

-Gauss Turret

• Identical to the turret mounted on the back of a warthog

-Mortar Turret

•Starts with a target locator, the player who acquires the locator can use it to call in mortar fire anywhere on the map.

• locator creates a red circle around its target and sticks to objects, including vehicles and personnel.

•Mortar fires 3 round volleys, each round yielding the power of 2 antipersonnel rockets.

•shot recharge time can be changed in forge

Covenant Vehicles:

-Ghost (reach)

-Banshee (reach)

-Wraith (halo 4)

-Revenant

-Spectre

• holds 2 passengers, 1 gunner, 1 driver

• equipped with 1 dual barreled plasma cannon, the same as that of the banshee

-Locust

•similar to the mantis but faster and more light armored

•armed with a banshee class fuel rod cannon and duel plasma cannons

-Phantom (Heavy troop transport)

• equipped with 1 forward rapid fire concussion cannon which is controlled by the pilot, as well as 2 door mounted light plasma cannons

• Capable of carrying 8 personnel who can fire their personnel weapons

•Contains 2 small arms crates in cargo area

-Hammerhead

•covenant main battle tank

•about as fast as a scorpion

•armed with a 100mm anti-armor incendiary cannon. Fires plasma shells at high velocity. Projectiles are nearly instant hit.

•Sets fire to anything within AOE

•takes 2 seconds to reload and does about 70% the damage of a scorpion shell. Still kills warthogs in one hit but takes 3 shots to kill a scorpion or wraith.

Covenant Weapons:

-Plasma Pistol (DW)

-Plasma Rifle (DW)

-Storm Rifle

-Needler (DW)

-Needle Rifle (100m)

-Covenant Carbine (60m)

-Assault Carbine (200m)

• 5 shot kill, fires particle beam with extreme accuracy at extreme range

• low rate of fire

•Only comes with 20 extra rounds (2 mags)

-Beam Rifle (300m)

-Focus Rifle (350m)

•Buffed halo reach version

•greater aim assist makes it easier to track laterally strafing targets

•Shorter kill time

•Higher battery consumption rate

•Holds enough ammo for 16 kills

-Concussion rifle

-Fuel Rod Cannon

-Plasma Launcher

• identical to the one in reach but with a longer range

-Incendiary Cannon

•fires 3 miniature unguided plasma shells from a 3 barreled launcher which explode upon impact, igniting everything within the primary blast radius

•holds up to 5 extra shots

•each plasma shell does about as much direct damage as a plasma grenade.

-Energy Sword (DW)

-Plasma Grenade

Detachable Turrets:

-Plasma turret

Emplacements:

-Plasma cannon shade

•Identical to the one in reach but with higher projectile speeds and higher damage

-Fuel rod shade

• like the ones in the reaches campaign

• Fires homing fuel rod rounds that tracks land and air vehicles

Brute Weapons:

-Spiker (DW)

-Brute shot

-Mauler (DW)

-Spike Rifle

•fires long metal spikes at high velocity

•Same ROF as carbine

•6 shot kill

•very inaccurate (large reticle high spread)

•16 round magazine

-Brute plasma rifle (DW)

-Gravity hammer

-Napalm grenades

-Spike grenades

Brute vehicles:

-Chopper

-Prowler

Promethean Weapons:

-Light Rifle (150m)

-Scattershot

-Suppressor

• buffed halo 4 version, 50% less projectile spread

-Boltshot

-Neutrino Rifle (200m)

•fires a beam of high energy neutrinos which, if held on target for 2 seconds will an opponent

-Binary Rifle (350m)

-X-ray Laser

• emits high energy x ray radiation which will instantly destroy living tissue within its AOE

• can be fired like a shot gun at close range, but the reticule can be reduced by holding down the right trigger before firing, thus increasing the range and decreasing the AOE

• harmless against vehicles, but will kill an unshielded driver

-Promethean Sword

• attaches to players right arm in the form of a gauntlet.

• when activated a hard light blade will appear staring at the players elbow and extending 2 feet past their hand.

• 2 hit kill, can be swung faster than a energy sword

-Warp Rifle

• launches a quantum singularity at close to light speed, which, upon contact with a solid surface will create gravimetric distortions and pull any objects within its AOE towards its origin, draining their shields.

Just some ideas. The promeathean weapons list is incomplete.

• Like 1

Yeah i agree with you plus i haven't checked into destiny much but considering its by 343 the creators of the halo universe its probably going to be extremely expansive but i bet they could probably think of something to be able to reduce camping but eh I agree with you and I've only played Battlefield like once so any references to it was unintended but yes I can most likely think of something better about it though.

Whoa now hold on a second there. Destiny is made by Bungie. Not 343. Just wanted to clear that up.

Anyway yeah I do want something larger then what we already have in Halo 4. Even though the battles were already big anyway, I still think it would be cool to have a gametype or something that has at least 16+ players involved.

I know it's been traditional with 16 for some time now, but I really think some sort of gametype with more than 16 players would get allot of positive reception.