Imagine the UNSC unlocks Forerunner secrets related to the Flood/Prometheans, and works on creating a next gen Spartan. I am not saying we would play as this next gen, we would still be master chief. These next gens would perhaps eventually become the enemy as they could (possibly) be controlled by the Hive Mind? Anyway, in my mind there would be several cast off hybrids that would escape and be part of the larger Flood threat, but more to the point, The next gen soldiers would have specific Armor Abilities. If you can think of some Flood-based armor abilities, share them here. Here are a few I have thought of, and I will share more as I think of them:

Flood Sense: With this ability you would have enhanced audio reception, which could come in handy where Promethean vision can not detect

Flood Strength: Enhanced strength with heavy items (moving/lifting/throwing), meles, etc.

Flood Jump: Just as it says.

Flood Regen: Able to heal more quickly from damage, or revive dead players (who were not head shot or blown to dust). This is kind of a take off from Battlefield med packs and defibrillator. Med packs help damaged players heal faster, and a player carrying the defibrillator can revive dead of unconscious players.

Share some of your thoughts/ideas!

Crim

• Like 1

It's a creative idea, but there are some flaws.

Flood Sense - Maybe a loud stomping sound if enemies were approaching from behind, and arrows to the left or right when an opponent approached from there. Not really a flaw, but your description was vague.

Flood Jump - We have Jet Packs.

Flood Regen - But people respawn.

• Like 1

It's a creative idea, but there are some flaws.

Flood Sense - Maybe a loud stomping sound if enemies were approaching from behind, and arrows to the left or right when an opponent approached from there. Not really a flaw, but your description was vague.

Flood Jump - We have Jet Packs.

Flood Regen - But people respawn.

These were just some random ideas I had off the top of my head. I see the flaws in them, but I am hoping for a larger discussion and sharing of other players ideas. I will share more of my own thoughts as I think of more possibilities. Just wanted to inspire a unique discussion.

CV

Regen could work if we have a Reach/ODST style health system again to heal nearby players, like the regen field and drop shields hybrid cousin

That's a good point, actually.

I just thought of another, called Outreach: As a mimic of how the Flood have tentacle-like arms at times and can strike you from a distance, with this Armor Ability you would have an increased distance range for your mele

Another one is Flood Sight, where you can receive images from nearby enemies as if seeing through their eyes.

To add another level to this thread, which I hope others are reading and thinking about their own ideas, having a Flood-hybrid soldier created by the UNSC would provide an excellent opportunity to introduce a whole new array of UNSC weapons, but you have to think about the ones developed from Flood technology.

Granades, for instance, could be like a ball of smaller spiked sub-grenades, that disperse in all directions and explode on impact or after so many seconds. Similar to the spiker gredades with Reach, but more like a cluster of smaller ones.

There could be a Flood saber, like the Flood multiplayer gametype in H4.

Oh, and just thought of one more Weapon Type idea:

Flood Whip.

Hey, just having fun with this. Looking forward to seeing your thoughts.

CV

• Like 1

what bacon shelf says about the regen/drop shield. and this may have a lot of flaws but i have an idea. this could be either an AA or when flood die. Either when flood die or use the AA they become dust. if it's an AA they can control the dust and move around in it for a few seconds and for 10 feet. what it does is if they get a target then the dust gets stuck on an enemy and starts to turn them into flood. you see an animation of them dieing painfully turning into flood. once they finish turning into flood the they spawn right where they died as a flood. their human friends can save you when the dust is on in a certain time. only before your body is half covered. but they have to kill you to do it. if they kill you before half covered then you spawn where they are as a human again. other wise your a flood. or it could just be when you die. it just shoots around your body and might possibly get the enemy. or i just read this post which you CV just posted RIGHT before i posted this one. maybe the dust thing could be a flood grenade or bomb or something. hope you guys like these ideas of mine too. and CV i like your ideas.

• Like 1

dust and move around in it for a few seconds and for 10 feet.

That is actually kind of interesting. Could be the Flood projectile vomit the "dust" at the uninfected enemies. I like it. In fact, just gave me another idea for Flood Armor Ability: Flood Rush: This Ability would send several "Spores" in the direction you are facing and attack any enemies within a certain range. Kind of like Hologram, but they can actually harm other players. I think this Flood Armor Ability would be perfect, esp for the Flood Playlist.

CV

• Like 1

oooooh!!!! I just came up with another one!!!

it,s kind of like auto sentry but instead of a turret (this is just like when the knights spit out the little flying enemies) part of your back shifts into a hole more and spits out 5 little head flood lets from the original halo

• Like 1