343i's MM campaign canon fail

Dosa 'Togulee

As you all know, the Sangheili species are not (yet) playable on Halo 4. 343i and lots of people use the argument "The Multiplayer (War Games) is now canonical to the Campaign", but here are the stuff the are wierd about this:

->The MM is actually a simulator aboard the Infinity

->The simulation is to train Spartan IV's

->The Flood is destroyed (at least not present on Campaign nor SpOps)

So. You see what I mean? The humanity has not encountered the Flood at all after the events of Halo 3, and yet we have a Flood-specific gametype. I know that it's for the fun, but think:

->S IV's are probably not going to face Flood

->The Flood is not present at all

->The War Games are supposed to simulate an actual battle

->You get to control the Flood

->S IV's probably don't even know what the Flood are

You see where this is going? 343i didn't include playable Sangheili for canonical reasons. If it is supposed to tie up to both SpOps and Campaign, why are the Flood in the WG simulator but Sangheili aren't?

S IV's are going to face the Storm faction, a Covenant remain thing. So why not to put Invasion too?

You Spartan fans are going to say: "Oh, simple, why would a Spartan, the mighty powerful Spartan with cool armor, would want to see the war as a dinosaur?"

And here's my answer: "Why would a Spartan want to see the war as a Flood?"

It makes no sense. UNSC would be then training a demonic, inter-galactic parasite to defeat their ranks? Because if an infection happens, the infected spartans would know how to take out other Spartans, so yeah. No sense.

It would make way more sense to include Sangheili. Why?

->There actually are Separatist Sangheili that are allied with the humans

->There is no alliance between Humans and the Parasite

->Seeing the war from your enemy's point of view is a good strategy

You may say "But there are no Sangheili aboard the Infinity". The humans have the tech to create a frigging huge ship! I think they are more than capable of creating an "A.I" that the players would control. 343i needs to think of a better excuse of such a stupid move. What would you think?

The Flood aren't completely destroyed. Go to WangTim3's channel on YouTube and watch The Mona Lisa. Practically speaking, 343i would have included playable Elites, but that would have required a new character model--remember, they had to build everything from scratch. I think they felt that including a Flood model was more important and may prepare the player for what might come in future games. Hint hint.... Technically, they could add Elites back in if they made an armor DLC with Sangheli armor on a Spartan IV. Unfortunately, this won't happen anytime soon because 99% of 343i are working on Halo 5. Just be glad that you have a character model to play on at all.

• Like 1

The Flood aren't completely destroyed. Go to WangTim3's channel on YouTube and watch The Mona Lisa. Practically speaking, 343i would have included playable Elites, but that would have required a new character model--remember, they had to build everything from scratch. I think they felt that including a Flood model was more important and may prepare the player for what might come in future games. Hint hint.... Technically, they could add Elites back in if they made an armor DLC with Sangheli armor on a Spartan IV. Unfortunately, this won't happen anytime soon because 99% of 343i are working on Halo 5. Just be glad that you have a character model to play on at all.

I know they aren't completely destroyed; I just meant they have been destroyed in a way humanity wouldn't have to face it. And I do recognize it is a hard work, but they have worked on Halo 4 since 2011. They had time to add it, I guess. But either ways, they created the forge island. It means they're listening to their fans. We still have a chance.

Certain Affinity made Forge Islands, not 343i. All 343i can do for Halo 4 now is patch weapons and bugs and add MP playlists. And if you haven't watched The Mona Lisa, SPOILER ALERT!!

I'll give you a little time for you to consider if you want to read the spoiler; it's kind of obvious, but it's better if you just watch it on the tube.

Anyway, (spoiler) ONI was experimenting with the Flood, so it is a very real threat to Spartans. And might recur in other games.

Replay the campaign, The Infinity has already had contact with another Halo, the fifth, (where you go to get the Composer, but it was moved off the Halo and onto an obiting research lab). There was flood on that Halo, and the flood on the Halo are mentioned, but are now contained on the Halo.

So the Spartans knowing about flood and training for possible Flood attack, sure, completely reasonable. Playing as Flood, not so much, but knowing how you enemy works makes it easier to defeat them. 

"a single flood spore can destroy a species" ring any bells? War games are military combat simulations for different eventualities. The Infinity being involved in Finding Forerunner artifacts maybe they just wanted Spartans trained. Elites (in the lore) may not have been included because they can practise combat against them all the time. Also the US Army and British army have their soldiers take part in training exersizes as OPFOR (opposing forces, eg terrorists) but arent training their soldiers to become terrorists. The Flood already knows how to kill everything, a simulation isnt going to aid it much. I do see where you are getting at though and to be fair im just covering 343i's ass. They did put lots of effort into it so lets appreciate that.

Well you make some points but still they can't just implement everything in so easily.... yea adjustments could be made... but you gotta like change it up so it's not the same... and as for new ideas like that... it's kinda awkward and strange to add and I'm sure difficult to implement.

• 2 weeks later...

As you all know, the Sangheili species are not (yet) playable on Halo 4. 343i and lots of people use the argument "The Multiplayer (War Games) is now canonical to the Campaign", but here are the stuff the are wierd about this:

->The MM is actually a simulator aboard the Infinity

->The simulation is to train Spartan IV's

->The Flood is destroyed (at least not present on Campaign nor SpOps)

So. You see what I mean? The humanity has not encountered the Flood at all after the events of Halo 3, and yet we have a Flood-specific gametype. I know that it's for the fun, but think:

->S IV's are probably not going to face Flood

->The Flood is not present at all

->The War Games are supposed to simulate an actual battle

->You get to control the Flood

->S IV's probably don't even know what the Flood are

You see where this is going? 343i didn't include playable Sangheili for canonical reasons. If it is supposed to tie up to both SpOps and Campaign, why are the Flood in the WG simulator but Sangheili aren't?

S IV's are going to face the Storm faction, a Covenant remain thing. So why not to put Invasion too?

You Spartan fans are going to say: "Oh, simple, why would a Spartan, the mighty powerful Spartan with cool armor, would want to see the war as a dinosaur?"

And here's my answer: "Why would a Spartan want to see the war as a Flood?"

It makes no sense. UNSC would be then training a demonic, inter-galactic parasite to defeat their ranks? Because if an infection happens, the infected spartans would know how to take out other Spartans, so yeah. No sense.

It would make way more sense to include Sangheili. Why?

->There actually are Separatist Sangheili that are allied with the humans

->There is no alliance between Humans and the Parasite

->Seeing the war from your enemy's point of view is a good strategy

You may say "But there are no Sangheili aboard the Infinity". The humans have the tech to create a frigging huge ship! I think they are more than capable of creating an "A.I" that the players would control. 343i needs to think of a better excuse of such a stupid move. What would you think?

think about what you just said. the newer Spartans wouldn't know what a flood is. if you have noticed the flood where not a small part of battle the could of wiped out the human race. think of it like this the Jews where in danger in ww2 but we took out the Nazis did we forgot about the Nazis and if you did that is screwed up. finally the flood are most likely not wiped out. 1 flood could be alive still witch has the ability to repopulate. once again going back to the Nazis we defeated them but they where not gone forever there still here today except they have no chance to up rise again the flood does if 1 flood is alive. this is why you think before you say/type.

PS: before any comments yes i used spell check you would belive how many people commented about that on my last post.