Next Mass Effect game will be 'fresh and new'

BioWare executive producer Casey Hudson says next game in series will offer new ideas; feature film with Legendary remains in production.

Video courtesy of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfdHWKkwqDM&feature=player_detailpage

BOSTON--Today during a presentation at PAX East, BioWare executive producer Casey Hudson said the next entry in the Mass Effect franchise will be "fresh and new." This game will be primarily developed by BioWare Montreal and Hudson will serve as the game's executive producer.

"We are starting to get ready to develop another Mass Effect game and it's going to be a new thing," Hudson said. "We want to be able to give fans an opportunity to get back into the world with these things you've come to know and love about the Mass Effect experience, but start something fresh and new; a new way for you to explore the whole universe in Mass Effect."

In addition, Hudson today confirmed that the Mass Effect movie with Legendary Pictures remains in production, though no release date or casting details were divulged.

"Hopefully it should be seen as a good thing," Hudson said of the movie. "Because what we're looking at are, I think, the right things to make sure it's going to be great. It's not just going to be a movie. It's going to be really special."

Lastly, Hudson reiterated that BioWare is working on an all-new intellectual property. Specific details on this project were not mentioned, though Hudson said he hopes this project could match the trajectory of the Mass Effect series.

"That's kind of our next thing. We're focusing on delivering something new, the way we did at the very beginning of Mass Effect," Hudson said.

BioWare also confirmed today that 82 percent of all Mass Effect 3 gamers play a male Commander Shepard.

http://www.gamespot.com/events/pax-east-2013/story.html?sid=6405843
  • Like 7

Thanks for posting this! I want to see how the story of Shepard will continue or even if a new character appears. Maybe Shepard wakes up from his indoctrination and discovers a new threat? Honestly I have no idea. 

And I'm also excited for that movie :awesome:

I have always been a fan of the Mass Effect series. The Collector's Edition of ME 1, 2, and 3 remain in my game library and continue to entertain me today. The upcoming movie is definitely an interest of mine and a continuation of the Mass Effect series should add to the ME universe, regardless of who you play as. Bioware has developed some rather interesting games so I look forward to the next one!

Added to my watch list! Thanks for posting Smokin ShadowzMass_Effect_N7_zps02624e9a.png  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I would rather have a sequel or a prequel. Knowing what went on before the Reapers wiped out the universe before the events of the first would be nice but, I love Shepard and would love to see his story continue. Either way I'd be happy but, I think I'd be more happy with a sequel.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this! I want to see how the story of Shepard will continue or even if a new character appears. Maybe Shepard wakes up from his indoctrination and discovers a new threat? Honestly I have no idea. 

And I'm also excited for that movie :awesome:

You are months behind...

Shepard was not indoctrinated in the ending.

Mass Effect 3 as the end of Shepard's journery.

The new protagonist will not resemble Shepard in any way.

The ending will come in 4 different colors!

I'm digging a hole for you to die in.

If they are going to do another Mass Effect they need to follow this list

• Do not rush the ending out, take your time, we can wait.
  • Add more humor, as clearly seen in Mass Effect 3: Citadel, but not DLC.
  • Keep Multiplayer but with more characters and modes, I hate only playing an eleven wave Horde mode.
  • More squadmates, Mass Effect 3's list was too low, with the Prothean I had like, 6 by the end. In ME2 I had Twelve.
  • More interesting DLC, I didn't like Leviathan or Omega, Citadel was the only really good one.
  • Bring the price of DLCs back to 10 bucks or on Xbox 800 Microsoft points, Kasumi is like five bucks and Leviathan is 15, :blink:
  • If new squadmates, add Loyalty missions, I understood in ME3 as by that time everybody was Loyal to you.
  • More Weapons and Weapon Mods, I felt that the weapons in ME3 fell a little flat except the DLC ones.
  • More enemies, we had about eight reapers, eight cerberus, and some geth.
  • Like 1

If they are going to do another Mass Effect they need to follow this list

• Do not rush the ending out, take your time, we can wait.
  • Add more humor, as clearly seen in Mass Effect 3: Citadel, but not DLC.
  • Keep Multiplayer but with more characters and modes, I hate only playing an eleven wave Horde mode.
  • More squadmates, Mass Effect 3's list was too low, with the Prothean I had like, 6 by the end. In ME2 I had Twelve.
  • More interesting DLC, I didn't like Leviathan or Omega, Citadel was the only really good one.
  • Bring the price of DLCs back to 10 bucks or on Xbox 800 Microsoft points, Kasumi is like five bucks and Leviathan is 15, :blink:
  • If new squadmates, add Loyalty missions, I understood in ME3 as by that time everybody was Loyal to you.
  • More Weapons and Weapon Mods, I felt that the weapons in ME3 fell a little flat except the DLC ones.
  • More enemies, we had about eight reapers, eight cerberus, and some geth.

Multiplayer has enough characters; new modes are certainly a good idea.

Kasumi was a small DLC whereas Leviathan was a sizeably bigger DLC.

There is already enough weapons, more weapons will just make combat too easy. There is enough weapon mods anyway.

You can't just chuck more enemies in otherwise it is hard to counter them all. Too many enemies = boring gameplay.

Loyalty missions have a good context since in Mass Effect 4, you'll be a completely new character and will obviously not already be trusted by your team.

• Like 1