BASEJUMP ( Airborn / Thruster )

muflapjackie

BASEJUMP

Map Description:
"Battle on a multi-leveled, competitive map nestled in the mist, dirt, and jutting rocks of the lower ravine."

Supported Gametypes:
Dominion, Infinity Slayer, Multi-Team CTF,  Slayer , Slayer Pro , Capture the Flag , King of the Hill , Oddball , Regicide

Canvas Map: Ravine

Optimal AA:
Made for all, but Thruster and Airborn preferred and advantageous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkdud4R529Y
Available For Download - [Halo 4 File share] - Search "Basejump"

or

Gamertag: muflapjackie

or

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/filebrowser#!/?section=GameMap&SearchDate=0&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&tags=basejump&startIndex=0

48868945.jpg

70753052.jpg

74490766.jpg

44300666.jpg

EZ Explanation Layouts:
basejump1stfloorbluepri.png...basejump2ndfloorbluepri.png...basejump3rdfloorbluepri.png...basejumpsatellitebluepr.png

Gameplay is the only thing that does this map justice. Instead of "Strafing," think level hopping and you'll have alot of fun. Once you understand the map's symmetry, it becomes addicting. muflapjackie created the map, but it was constantly playtested and fed input by Hybrid Vash and Hybrid ZK7. Sooo much time and people power went into making this map balanced. Don't judge this book by it's cover.

NOTE: although it does not appear as such, mostly everything is as strait as an arrow, especially the center tube lift which took forever to make and keep strait with rotational degree locks and magnets; moreover, its put in the exact midpoint between the two structures on the bottom. The pics were poorly taken at weird angles because none of us have a capture card. Believe it or not, the center piece is very symmetrical, given the fact that we had to cover the glass window handle bars to make a clear drop in all directions - i.e. nothing was sticking out that snags you on a long drop.The Red and Blue spawns maintain the exact same buildings, structures and pathways. Working with the natural nooks and cranys that stick out caused us havock because maintaining symmetry becomes all the more difficult. But where one side has an advantage, we gave an advantage to the other side as well, and working with the "natural" structures makes the map more fun to look at and play. Most importantly, from red spawn and blue spawn which are on diametric sides and located in the middle level (we realized a bottom or top spawn would keep the fighting zoned on one level), you can access all 3 levels without using the center grav lift or the counter diametric/bidirectional transporters located on the first and 3rd floors. In other words you can get to the top floor, middle floor, or bottom floor from your spawn. Access Access Access is what we ran into mid way through the build. The transporters are not, and I repeat, are not annoying, which you find out after playing the game. As the structures became more complex and filled up the space, we made it so that if you make a wrong move you don't fall to your death, hardly ever (for this kind of hight and multi-leveled depth).The fun part is going into the center base jump lift and having battles in the "dueling tube" which it is starting to be called. If your sensitivity is lower than 6. You will be outmatched. Moreover, well timed airsasinations are a very cool and opportunistic goal for duelers.

• 3 weeks later...

Their are a couple of issues with the map considering that jet pack is highly favorable on this map. Like... that is fine... if  you wanted a minigame. Also this map lacks any kind of vehicle and if you did perhaps add a banshee then it would just be a cluster for it. The bases also are wayyyyy to confined  and lack any strategical positions whatsoever. Also making a vertical dominion map is not exactly the best thing to do because it does cause a bit of issues such as what I just posted. I suggest you post a more refined version of this map with my suggestions, but if not that is also.

Dominion Submission Requirements:

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/24593-please-read-before-posting/

We made it vertical attempting something new to the game, if it didn't work for you, it didn't work out for you. However, we had a really good time ( long time too, over 48 hours) making this map and testing it, and we feel like your quick, overbearingly negative, review disrespected that. In the end, we also had some awesome dominion games with full custom rooms. I agree that it is not immediately grasped what the strategic positions are, but its equal on both sides, and we meant for people to jump, up and down, floor to floor to get away from things or move strategically around the map. Reviews usually have some good qualities to them, i.e. not completely maligning, so we sure hope you liked something about the map. Although thruster and jetpack are definitely better for access, you have to be half way decent at controlling your character because active camo and sentry units are also quite decent.

We had an awesome time making Basejump, we're glad that THFE allowed us to put it in the lobby and that we are giving people another choice for a dominion map. Thank you for the feedback.  

Thanks Torta for your feedback. We made it vertical attempting something new to the game, if it didn't work for you, it didn't work out. However, we had a really good time ( long time too, over 48 hours) making this map and testing it. In the end, we also had some awesome dominion games with full custom rooms. I agree that it is not immediately grasped what the strategic positions are, but its equal on both sides, and we meant for people to jump, up and down, floor to floor to get away from things or move strategically around the map. Reviews usually have some good qualities to them, i.e. not completely maligning, so we sure hope you liked something about the map. Although thruster and jetpack are definitely better for access, you have to be half way decent at controlling your character because active camo and sentry units are also quite decent.

We had an awesome time making Basejump, we're glad that THFE allowed us to put it in the lobby and that we are giving people another choice for a dominion map. Thank you for the feedback.  

That is perfectly fine, I have played on this map quite a while ago and I still remember my reaction due to the reason I'm more of the competitive player than anything. It's good that you were doing something different and I'd never trash something that took thinking and time.

If it was a long time ago, do us a solid and give it one quick walk through by yourself (5min) if you have the time, we would very much appreciate it. If you don't have the time, that's cool too. We take the feedback graciously, even feedback that is distant in memory, maybe even another map, but distinct in its criticalness.