LE "Exclusives" being released on Marketplace

Creative Gaming Inc.

So the only non-physical exclusives that came with the LE were the Prime skins, the Recruit Avatar Armour, and the Avatar Cryotube, and now the avatar items are released to everyone? This seriously lessens the value of the LE since there aren't any exclusives anymore, except for in-game skins for the starter armour. It is not worth near the hundred-dollar pricepoint, I think 343 should give us LE owners some compensation.

• Like 1

So the only non-physical exclusives that came with the LE were the Prime skins, the Recruit Avatar Armour, and the Avatar Cryotube, and now the avatar items are released to everyone? This seriously lessens the value of the LE since there aren't any exclusives anymore, except for in-game skins for the starter armour. It is not worth near the hundred-dollar pricepoint, I think 343 should give us LE owners some compensation.

depends one what it is like the speclstions we had early access but some thing like the ar skin and embelems and avater armor i think should not be open to non le owners becase it adds value to the le itself becase with all that and a season pass for halo 4 that a great deal but with some of that stuff away it loses value at least le owners get cool posters and thorns jounrel and stuff like that

I agree. but at least we got a steel-.... er, I mean plastic-book cases. Oh, we did get that booklet, and a poster, that others won't have. I mean, all the physicals, basically. Anyway, even the specializations were sort of a rip-off.

Maybe those of you who bought the LE Edition from 343 Industries have learned your lesson about paying so much for something the actual game company gives away to compensate for bringing an unfinished game to market and sells piece meal for additional profit. It actually used to mean something to buy a 'Special Edition' or 'Limited Edition' Halo game. Not any more. I do feel your pain and anxiety over this OP and all others affected by it. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, we had to wait for the Map Packs, and Specializations didn't get early access, we only got to choose from any Specialization when we hit fifty, as did any player who bought it within a month of release.

Not everyone did. Everyone outside of the US and everyone who was under 17 didn't get their code.

Okay guys, lol. This thread is like turning into a battle between non-LE and LE people.

As you can see, all he was doing was telling his opinion! :D Les not fightch!! xD

I have several points I would like to touch on related to this ideal. Firstly, this has been done before with the recon on Halo 3 and the "preorder only" recon on Halo Reach from Walmart, so it should come as no suprise to everyone. Secondly, the "limited edition" was done terribly this time and people who wished to pay the extra money were denied that option. By all rights the fotus in game should also be opened, since players were robbed of the ability to buy the version with it. Lastly, as previously stated by several people, you were given early access to several things others were not. This including the avatar items you are complaining about which are not even greatly valued by anyone anyway. Let's be honest, how often does anyone look at other's avatars? Other than in an avatar related game where the avatar's props are not even seen this does not occur almost at all.

I have several points I would like to touch on related to this ideal. Firstly, this has been done before with the recon on Halo 3 and the "preorder only" recon on Halo Reach from Walmart, so it should come as no suprise to everyone. Secondly, the "limited edition" was done terribly this time and people who wished to pay the extra money were denied that option. By all rights the fotus in game should also be opened, since players were robbed of the ability to buy the version with it. Lastly, as previously stated by several people, you were given early access to several things others were not. This including the avatar items you are complaining about which are not even greatly valued by anyone anyway. Let's be honest, how often does anyone look at other's avatars? Other than in an avatar related game where the avatar's props are not even seen this does not occur almost at all.

Well, I have a hard time understanding this...Eh...what is your main view on this subject?

Well, I have a hard time understanding this...Eh...what is your main view on this subject?

I believe that I laid out my opinions quite clearly. Perhaps you should attempt rereading it..?

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that I laid out my opinions quite clearly. Perhaps you should attempt rereading it..?

What I am saying is, I don't understand whether you care or not. You lay an opinion out, then another that makes your view...hard to understand. So far I'm thinking you mean that it was expected and people should be quiet about it?

What I am saying is, I don't understand whether you care or not. You lay an opinion out, then another that makes your view...hard to understand. So far I'm thinking you mean that it was expected and people should be quiet about it?

Oh I care, in this case I want them to release more. I would have bought the legendary edition if they hadn't decided to stiff themselves of hunreds of peoples' extra money by making the limited edition ACTUALLY limited this time. It was an idiotic move on their part, one that I hope they do not repeat, EVER. This may sound cold to the other players, but so did the time when they released recon to ANYONE when it was supposed to be preorder only back on Reach, or the time when they released recon to EVERYONE regardless of if they had completed the vidmasters over on Halo 3. I didn't hear anyone complaining loudly back then, why should they complain now having seen both of those happen and now seeing it happen again on Halo 4~? The answer~ because now it has affected them personally...

As far as I'm concerned the LE was worth it. All in-game Halo 4 content has not been released on the Marketplace, so I'm pretty happy there. I actually like the Prime skins for the Recruit armor and Assault Rifle.

Plus the emblems were a plus (I got like 3 extra emblems with Gamestop which I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to get which is beside the point.)

If anyone had actually read through the papers and booklets with the LE they would have found a significant amount of information relating to Spartan Thorne (and his questions on why there is so little information relating to Master Chief), The Spartan IVs, the Infinity, and how a normal day for a Spartan IV plays out. Definitely worth a good read in my opinion. I also found out that the Infinity gives out special Community Cupcakes :D

Plus you get a free digital copy of Forward Unto Dawn, a cool protective case, and cool metallic game case (which I'm having a hard time getting the game to come out of).

All of that was probably worth allot more than $40 if it was sold on it's own, so the LE itself was a great deal. I don't understand why anyone would complain with that unless they just flat out don't like the LE.

• Like 1

As someone who cares deeply for lore, you guys are lucky with all that story stuff!

I don't care for the avatar stuff, but I wish they'd give us the weapon stuff. I think it was unfair that a lot of the bonuses were US/Cananda only. Makes everyone else feel unnapreciated, least they can do.

And FuD is available to buy anyway, you got it free!

(I have it, and the case has cool shiny stuff on it)