Will destiny be any good?

Left4NewVegas

Guest Frogger24

I am rather suprised to see so many people mentioning that they are throwing a huge amount of money at Destiny. The reason I am suprised is because pouring money into a game doesnt make it good. I have played many low budget games, like really low budget games, that are better than AAA titles. More money doesnt equal good, just makes it costly.

They have spent a lot of time and money on this. Its Bungie fresh new game, they have the game planned out for the next decade, so I have confidence they have thought almost everything through.

So yeah I expect it to be good.

MS threw a ton of money at Halo 4 and that trilogy is planned out for the next decade as well.  :/  While I like Halo 4, I think it could have been a lot better, and it doesn't give me much confidence moving forward.  So, in essence, just because somebody has a plan and a boat load of money doesn't mean they will end up producing something good.  My hope is that Bungie makes a great game, and I do plan on getting it at release, or shortly thereafter, but that doesn't mean the thing will be the best game ever.

• Like 1

Yep. Unfortunately, as he stated before, money isn't the key to make a game a good game. Look at Combat Evolved, they didn't have much money, but Bungie managed to produce (one of) the best game(s) i've ever seen.

Yes but the big difference between Halo 4 and Destiny. Is that Destiny is being handled by Bungie, a good experienced company. And with the amount of money they have, they can create and add features that before would not be possible due to money. Of course the amount of money thrown does not necessarily mean it will be good, but the chances are high when the money is being given to a company like Bungie.

Edited by Real Talk
  • Like 1

Yes but the big difference between Halo 4 and Destiny. Is that Destiny is being handled by Bungie, a good experienced company. And with the amount of money they have, they can create and add features that before would not be possible due to money. Of course the amount of money thrown does not necessarily mean it will be good, but the chances are high when the money is being given to a company like Bungie.

That's the only reason. No matter the money, Bungie is a great company.

• Like 1

I have the utmost faith in Bungie to get the job done right. Considering the way Bungie has handled Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3... I'd say that there is a chance that it could become bigger than 343i era Halo. Bungie has a unique talent for game design. I feel that now that they aren't anchored down by Microsoft as much they can really start to let those creative juices flow.

From what we've seen, If Destiny didn't easily become one of the top 3 games on the 360... It'd be a huge disappointment. That means that the expectations for success are very high. Something that I'm sure Bungie is more than used to.

• Like 2

I am rather suprised to see so many people mentioning that they are throwing a huge amount of money at Destiny. The reason I am suprised is because pouring money into a game doesnt make it good. I have played many low budget games, like really low budget games, that are better than AAA titles. More money doesnt equal good, just makes it costly.

The fact is Bungie's owner, Alex Seropian, is a major supporter of low budget games and start up game developers. He is noted for stating that the pressures companies like MS and Sony put on developers is killing the industry. Just look at how many companies have gone under because they did not produce a top selling game. Bungie Aerospace was created to help small, independent developers launch their mobile and social games. That company never forgot they were the small guy and has put their time, money and efforts into helping out the small companies. 

Every single games series created by Bungie has been a success in it's own right and most noted for cutting edge game play, graphics or top quality engine designs. 

Bungie putting serious hard earned money into a game they have been developing for years means the odds are it will not only be a game that hundreds of thousands (if not millions) will enjoy playing for a long period of time, but that Bungie will receive the just rewards for their efforts.

To the OP, "Will Destiny be good?", I think it is going to not only be a great game, but introduce a whole new generation of gaming to the to the gaming community and once again Bungie will become the company that others will want emulate.

• Like 4

Will Destiny be good? That is like saying, will the pizza your about to eat be good? Bungie's upcoming game title "Destiny" is guranteed to be a hit due to many factors. The first being because it is made by Bungie but then the fact that they have been working on this game since the post-launch of Halo 2. Also another factor that plays into this will be that they are bringing a new genre to the console table, partial MMO's. 

everyone will say that it is copying another game or something else but my thought is it is going to be on a different level than any other mmo games out there so yea it is it is going to be like a starwars/ halo combine from the looks of it 

Bungie is using a heavily modified and upgraded version of Halo Reach's Engine for Destiny. Bungie stated that Halo Reach was originally going to use Halo 3's game engine and greatly enhance it, but they decided to create an entirely new engine from scratch so that the minute they finished with the Halo series and their contract expired with microsoft, they could immediately begin working on Destiny.

Many things in Reach was actually a test for destiny. Reach was essentially the Beta for Destiny...

Bungie is using a heavily modified and upgraded version of Halo Reach's Engine for Destiny. Bungie stated that Halo Reach was originally going to use Halo 3's game engine and greatly enhance it, but they decided to create an entirely new engine from scratch so that the minute they finished with the Halo series and their contract expired with microsoft, they could immediately begin working on Destiny.

Many things in Reach was actually a test for destiny. Reach was essentially the Beta for Destiny...

Really? 'Cause it seems much better than Reach. Source?

Really? 'Cause it seems much better than Reach. Source?

Well here is the Video that shows Bungie at PAX 2011 showcasing the Original Halo Reach... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y5yrMIgtjA&list=FLZ3IGyn3aRLU1L9hOMcDT-g&index=8 

(As you can see Reach was originally intended to use a updated Halo 3 engine, but they scraped that idea, and many others that were seen in the video..)

After 343 took over Halo, I Remember being on the Bungie Forums (Sometime in 2012) and Shishika  and Stosh said that Halo Reach was the way it was, Because of Destiny. They pretty much made Halo Reach a Giant Experiment Game and used it a lab (Like the Mythbusters) to test new ideas and prove/disprove myths. They used its campaign mode to test out space flight "Long Night Of Solace" and "Tip of The Spear" was a test for giant A.I battles in destiny and ended up becoming a full fledged level in Halo Reach! They used it's multiplayer Component as Feedback for how they should build destinys multiplayer (what not to do)...

In the end they used the Reach engine as a base and then gutted and re-tooled it from there. Trust me though the engine is Halo Reach's But it is going to be modified beyond recognition. In other words the difference will be like night and day between Reach And Destiny. It will be very hard to believe the two share the same engine.

• Like 2

Well here is the Video that shows Bungie at PAX 2011 showcasing the Original Halo Reach... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y5yrMIgtjA&list=FLZ3IGyn3aRLU1L9hOMcDT-g&index=8

(As you can see Reach was originally intended to use a updated Halo 3 engine, but they scraped that idea, and many others that were seen in the video..)

After 343 took over Halo, I Remember being on the Bungie Forums (Sometime in 2012) and Shishika  and Stosh said that Halo Reach was the way it was, Because of Destiny. They pretty much made Halo Reach a Giant Experiment Game and used it a lab (Like the Mythbusters) to test new ideas and prove/disprove myths. They used its campaign mode to test out space flight "Long Night Of Solace" and "Tip of The Spear" was a test for giant A.I battles in destiny and ended up becoming a full fledged level in Halo Reach! They used it's multiplayer Component as Feedback for how they should build destinys multiplayer (what not to do)...

In the end they used the Reach engine as a base and then gutted and re-tooled it from there. Trust me though the engine is Halo Reach's But it is going to be modified beyond recognition. In other words the difference will be like night and day between Reach And Destiny. It will be very hard to believe the two share the same engine.

Ssshh... Bungie might hear you.

Don't want to reveal everything too soon...

• Like 1

In the end they used the Reach engine as a base and then gutted and re-tooled it from there.

Hate to be that guy but just to clear this up, in this article this you can find the quote;

Destiny is powered by a new, internally developed set of engines, the product of six years worth of development, according to engineering lead Chris Butcher. "Our engine is fully multi-threaded for performance on all platforms, both today and for the next 10 years," Butcher said.

The Destiny engine is completely new, so before anybody goes into a frenzy about similarities to Reach, just remember Bungie has created a brand new engine completely from scratch.

Please have faith in the people who brought you Halo -a game that in some of your eyes can never be equaled!- to bring you something glorious yet again.

This game will be just as big as Halo. It already looks beautiful, Bungie's taken the time to finish and polish this game, the idea of traveling from world to world in our own Solar System is exciting. There's so much going on. This game will overtake any Halo in popularity when it comes out I think. But Halo will always reign supreme

Correction the game will be bigger,better, and more violent (if you know what I mean.