'Cerberus'

Rayner Sutardja

Hi! i'm n0mnom321, and i would really hope for you guys to help me test this map, as my time is very, very limited i'm 15, and i can only play on saturday mornings.

Cerberus is an interesting dominion map, with aesthetic cannons that landmark Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie(hence the name Cerberus). Alpha is partially underground, beneath the station. A wall blocks Alpha from Charlie's sight lines. Bravo has a good view of Charlie but since a considerable part of alpha is underground(alpha's terminal is underground and the red team respawns underground), bravo's 'sight lines' on alpha are a little bit limited. However, bravo' position is almost directly over alpha, and this gives bravo an advantage as players can drop down on alpha and invade easily. Bravo also has a mantis which is very effective in the station corridors of Alpha. Bravo has direct sight lines on Charlie, but Charlie has a scorpion turret that is effective against the mantis and bravo's banshee. Thus, bravo has an equally considerable advantage over both Alpha and Charlie and the bravo dilemma is more interestingly implemented.

Charlie's strong defense against attacks from bravo's direction(charlie has 2 turrets and one stationary scorpion with 2x damage) is balanced by it's vulnerableness towards alpha. There is a teleportation system from alpha to Charlie, and it is a one-way teleporter. This advantage, however, is partially 'neutralised' by the fact that the other Alpha/Charlie flank, achieved via a corridor connecting alpha and Charlie, leads directly to alpha's terminal. Thus, Charlie's best bet against Alpha is to guard the teleporter channel, while Alpha's best bet against Charlie is to guard the corridor connecting alpha and Charlie.

I put a sniper at bravo's terminal, which is a vantage point, and this may be bad in the perspective of risk versus reward, but I found in matchmaking that players would try to push the terminal as fast as possible and run away. This was not really good for gameplay, especially for that person's teammates. I therefore put a sniper there to motivate players to protect the base that they are capturing. Also, be sure to watch out for the mantis that rises out of it's chamber when bravo has been captured. The map does not have the lighting glitch, as it does say 'generating lighting', but the are 2 parts of the map with 'moving shadows', which is the station corridor near Charlie, and one of the blocks near alpha. However, I think that these are neglectible.

Entrances to Alpha's terminal:

Above bravo, 2 entrances lead downward to Alpha's terminal via station ramps, one side entrance and one main entrance. there is a general defence turret outside and another turret at alpha's main entrance.

Alpha/Charlie corridor route

Entrances to Charlie's terminal:

Alpha/Charlie teleport channel

Alpha/Charlie corridor route

Main entrance(guarded by scorpion turret)

Side entrance

Entrances to Bravo's terminal:

Teleporter flank below base terminal

Gravity lift from below to teleporter room, there is also another gravity lift leading directly to Bravo's terminal.

2 main ramps from behind, which makes defence against attacking scorpions and warthogs crucial, as the ramp is very big. There are 2 turrets guarding this flank.

Bravo has one mantis, a banshee and a scorpion stationed underneath(the scorpion is not a vehicle pad, so it can be taken by other teams), alpha has a rocket hog and a scorpion vpad and Charlie has a gauss hog and a scorpion vpad. Using vehicles is fun on this map, as there is quite a bit of open area around it.

post-64146-0-25962900-1363787856_thumb.jpgpost-64146-0-20281000-1363787936_thumb.jpgpost-64146-0-62877600-1363787956_thumb.jpgpost-64146-0-47672200-1363787973_thumb.jpgpost-64146-0-18250200-1363787987_thumb.jpgpost-64146-0-74574000-1363788002_thumb.jpgpost-64146-0-75035800-1363788019_thumb.jpgpost-64146-0-75035800-1363788019_thumb.jpg

err, you may think the map is very open, but trust me, sightlines are not as they seem.

i actually played KOTH and slayer here and we had a blast.

the teleporter to charlie is at alpha's aesthetic cannon, near the generator.

ok thanks! but i live in asia so my time is like 12 hours different. maybe it's better if you guys test it and come back to me with feedback, so that it may qualify for you channel? err, i need you to advise me, err first dominion map so far;) thanks111

i'll send you an xbox live message anyway. can i send you a friend request?

err.