Halo is DEAD!

Spartan Rider

I was the biggest Halo fan there was. 343 is a discrace to Halo, and a bomb should go off in their headquarters (not a threat) because they have completely f@#ked up the game and its a big joke to them. I have numerous saved clips of how the game is f@#ked up. Everything about them make me sick and I really hope someone from 343 is reading this. They released the game 6 months early and this is somthing that Bungie would NEVER do, until ALL the problems/ mistakes are fixed. Burn in hell 343!

old news sit back and hope it gets fixed in halo 5.

• Like 1

***I DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH, SO I CAN'T EXPRESS CLEARLY. SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKE***

I admit, I'm not a Halo player since the CE. I started to play in Halo 3, indeed I like Halo 3 very much. I was wishful to Halo 4 come, 'cause the graphics and almost everything was looking preety awesome. I'm still thinking the same now, but something is wrong with it. Halo is not Halo anymore! The aspects of Halo 4 is pretty good, but it doesn't fit in the Halo that we know.

I can relate everything that does me disappointed in Halo 4.

1- Armor Abilities: I haven't much to argue, but simply I don't like it.

2- Loadouts: It's bad 'cause it makes all weapons unbalanced. Everybody respawning with DMR killing across the map, making the others guns irrelevant.

3- No Dual-Wielding: This was a stupid change, it's something intrinsic in Halo gameplay. No fun!

4- Maps: Looking like CoD. No life, no color unlike the previous Halo games.

5- Sprint: It simply doesn't fit in Halo. :/

6- No Social Battle Team (I guess the name is like that).

7- Ordnance Drop: It got rid of the struggle to get weapons respawn, and strategy to sabotage.

Some personal confessions:

Well, I'm not skunking the 343i. The game looks good, but all I complain is about the new changes isn't fitting in Halo.

I believe that 343i could make a awesome new franchise. Make another game, with another history, another Universe, and make your own identity. It could be an awesome game. Well, the Xbox needs to have more exclusives.

I'm not a historian or mathematician, it would be more correct order; Reach, Halo CE, Halo2, HaloO3 And Halo4. The 343 A CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER NOT RESPECTED and decided to "Reach of Duty" and put the name of Halo4!

I'm not a historian or mathematician, it would be more correct order; Reach, Halo CE, Halo2, Halo3 And Halo4. The 343 A CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER NOT RESPECTED and decided to "Reach of Duty" and put the name of Halo4!

Halo isn't dead exactly, just severely beaten like an old lion being bested by a younger male for dominance in his pride. In this case, the younger male is CoD. CoD won't last either though; soon it'll go the way of Halo and not break past a population of 100K due to it being an outdated model for FPSs. Thing is, Cod doesn't change just like Halo wasn't for the longest time. That is why people shifted to COD, because it offered gamers people wanted. That complacency will work against it in the long run, however.

I have a feeling that Destiny, if done right, could take the throne on the top of the FPS food chain. It seems like it will combine the best aspects of competitive online gaming along with MMORPG aspects such as social interaction, character customization and development, open world exploration, and compelling story--things we could only dream of being present in a competitive shooter until now.. These are what FPS fans of the next generation want, the only reason we aren't there yet is because we are not ready for it, both with the hardware we have (360s and PS3s) and the gaming culture we currently live in. Once these new systems launch and we see what real gaming entertainment is like, CoD will be a thing of the past just like Halo is now.

I personally don't think that Destiny will be any type of lead. On the 360 and PS3 you could watch over the years how a ton of that social interaction just died. Halo 3 was a far "friendlier" community when it came to people actually talking and making custom games than Reach or 4 will ever be, but that is because of people and not necessarily the games.

Really all you have to do is look at a small scale type of Destiny game, which is Borderlands and Borderlands 2. Destiny isn't a new idea, it is just a bigger idea, and Borderlands hasn't exactly caught that explosion of popularity, even with two games.

I think that 10-20 years from now fast-paced FPS games will have mostly died out unless they incorporate some great new ideas. And I think the Battlefield style of game will be what it dies out as.

Fortunately for Halo though it is a pretty large multi-media franchise so it probably won't go away for a long time. And once Microsoft sees where all the money is going they will be sure to have 343 make a Halo game like that opposed to what it is now.

@Wattspops 343i didn't want to release it as early as they did. Microsoft forced them to because they thought it would make the game more competitive with Blops II sales. Halo being bound to Microsoft nowadays is exactly the reason why Bungie made Reach instead of Halo 4 and left to make Destiny. It's amazing what 343i can do; they just need time to perfect it.

If you can't speak Enligsh properly... how did you manage to do so well? And also, Halo is evolving, the world is evolving, POKEMON are EVOLVING!!! So of course, the game is going to be different.

Exactly! we cant expect it to be a clone of the old Halo games... If it was there would be complaints about that too. I like the new Halo just as much as the old. I do agree, there are kinks to be worked out, but that is expected with a new developer

• 2 weeks later...

Im going to have to agree with Spartan Rider. They have changed too much of what made Halo the game that it had always been. They tried taking what worked for CoD and implemented it into the latest installment. Campaign was fantastic and very much Halo. I just don't understand what they were thinking with multiplayer. What killed it for me was the new armor. Too "cool" i guess, they were trying too hard to make this their own game, and strayed from their origins. The new armor looks stupid and way too foreign to the halo universe. Should have just tweaked it slightly from the reach models and id probably still play the game.... also if they didnt have those stupid f****** loadouts.

We know CoD is popular to the masses, but please stop trying to make a lovechild with it and just be yourself. <--- what 343s mother would tell it

I admit, I'm not a Halo player since the CE. I started to play in Halo 3, indeed I like Halo 3 very much. I was wishful to Halo 4 come, 'cause the graphics and almost everything was looking preety awesome. I'm still thinking the same now, but something is wrong with it. Halo is not Halo anymore! The aspects of Halo 4 is pretty good, but it doesn't fit in the Halo that we know.

I can relate everything that does me disappointed in Halo 4.

1- Armor Abilities: I haven't much to argue, but simply I don't like it.

2- Loadouts: It's bad 'cause it makes all weapons unbalanced. Everybody respawning with DMR killing across the map, making the others guns irrelevant.

3- No Dual-Wielding: This was a stupid change, it's something intrinsic in Halo gameplay. No fun!

4- Maps: Looking like CoD. No life, no color unlike the previous Halo games.

5- Sprint: It simply doesn't fit in Halo. :/

6- No Social Battle Team (I guess the name is like that).

7- Ordnance Drop: It got rid of the struggle to get weapons respawn, and strategy to sabotage.

Some personal confessions:

Well, I'm not skunking the 343i. The game looks good, but all I complain is about the new changes isn't fitting in Halo.

I believe that 343i could make a awesome new franchise. Make another game, with another history, another Universe, and make your own identity. It could be an awesome game. Well, the Xbox needs to have more exclusives.

i agree but i mean it is kinda is a new thing for 343 once halo 5 is out color on maps might work i mean if you have played the forge maps theres ton of color everywhere unlike forge world where it was steal and no real feelings. so i mean halo 4 has some bad sides and i mean i understand why they took duel wielding out is because the person using them is harder to kill as for you it can kill you way too fast. 

Dead? I don't think so. Dying? Probably.

But this site and many other such as halocouncil.com, halocustoms.com, forgecafe.com etc. are proof that Halo and its community is still alive.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Halo is most certainly not dead. In fact, this whole game seemed like a reboot on the series. The campaign became much more story based so its not just a point-and-shoot game. The matchmaking system got a huge update with the ordinance and new armor abilities. And last but most certainly not least, I can be master chief again!

I think that Halo 4 is a great game, besides a few problems at release. I always have a good time when I play halo. And it doesn't stop here, forge has shadows. To me, that is amazing and it adds an all new aesthetic details to the map.

If you ask me, Halo just can't be dead! It can't be!

Halo is recessing currently. With some aesthetic and gameplay changes, I feel that it will be better. Personally, I like armor abilities, but I think that some should be removed (Camo should be on the map). Dual wielding should be brought back, but not for the needler (too OP). Some maps lack color, but others are marvels to look at from that aspect (Impact). Halo slowed down, but it will not lay down and die. The recent update is helping, and there is still much interest in the Halo Universe.

Halo is certainly NOT dead.  I began to think the same think when first playing Halo 4. But given a series and not changing anything wouldn't give 343i much profit in the series besides money. People are always complaining. Either the games aren't changing or you don't like the changes. I hate the armor personally, Halo Reach armor, just improved, would be awesome. You don't seem to be improving when you upgrade your armor. In Reach, you went from noob to sick armor, big shoulder pads and chest, and just this giant hunk of metal and awesomeness. Halo 4, you simply change. There is no big armor, just different. Sometimes you can't even tell that you have changed at all. Forge was awesome with its shadows and magnets and all that. I don't want Halo to be a CoD with cool armor suits, but things like maps being "more like Call of Duty" isn't a big deal. Call of Duty has always been more realistic than Halo. Only until Halo 4 came out, did the Halo games challenge Call of duty with graphics and realism. Halo should stay fantasy, but being 500+ years in the future it shouldn't be too fantasy. It still needs to be real life.

To the OP:

You actually contradicted yourself. If Halo 4 is dead, why are you so concerned about it? Why do you care? If you don't like it, why not step away from it and play something else? Also, if Halo had none of your 7 problems, it would just be a Halo 2 or 3 remake. I don't want the same thing over and over.

im not saying that Halo 4 is dead im just pointing out that the servers are not as pack as they once was when the game first released. I miss that excitement people used to have over the game. For instance, yesterday i played capture the flag 1,670 people but a few months ago there where 9,000. I did not have gold for 4 months (you know parents) so i guess there was something i missed i my missing of action. For this is my fist full week back on

• Like 1

To the OP:

You actually contradicted yourself. If Halo 4 is dead, why are you so concerned about it? Why do you care? If you don't like it, why not step away from it and play something else? Also, if Halo had none of your 7 problems, it would just be a Halo 2 or 3 remake. I don't want the same thing over and over.

instead we want the game to be more like other fps right :)

I'm usually in the 2-4000's. remember, most of the world is asleep when America isn't, no offence, but Europe, Africa and Aisa are generally on at the same times and are mainly on the other side of the world.

I don't know very good Deutsch either, but I'm doing pretty good right now, aren't I?

And it is not "dead" just more people are going in diverse directions. One person plays Halo 4;

One person plays Halo 3; One plays Halo Reach; it unbalances in some ways, but that's how it works!