Halo is DEAD!

Spartan Rider

1: Armour Abilites give a bit of variety to Halo 4, they aren't totally needed to play the game, and you can easily go well without them. Lack of an argument by you however makes that point pretty much invalid.

2: The DMR is about the only OP loadout weapon. Just needing a slight RoF Decrease and it'll be fixed totally. The other weapons can however easily take out DMR users, since I've done it, I know it can happen.

3: Dual Weilding was hardly an essential part of Halo. Only being in 2 games, it didnt serve much of a role and could be way over powered (Plasma Pistol and Magnum combo). Glad they remove this over powering feature, it wasnt needed at all.

4: I have to argue Exile is one of if not the most colourful map there is on the Entire Franchise. Lush green to the bright brown cliffs, easily colourful. Some maps like complex or Ragnarok could seem at first glance to be dry and "bleached out". But when looking at the finer details it is bright in its own sense, and doesn't resemble CoD or any other game at all.

5: Sprint was needed since Halo CE. Having a super soldier not being able to run was absolutely redicilous. Since the books heavily implied the ran a lot, why did it take 5 games to finally put it in. Sprint has been one of the best inclusions to any Halo game I can think of.

6: I am disappointed with 343 Industries also. I also wanted to play large scale CTF games or even BTB Heavies. But seems we are stuck with BTIS for some time, good to know that 343 Industries confirmed they have plans for BTB though, so the future looks promising.

7: I think this was a good addition. Power Weapon campers ruined the flow and balance of a game. I remember staying high up on the rails in Boneyard (Halo Reach) near the sniper spawn, easily gaining kills with a huge amount of ammo. While I was getting 20+ kills with it alone. I knew I wasn't doing the right thing by staying there. With the Ordnance Drops, it allows a more fair weapon play. Able to get weapons you want, without dying 5 times for it. With that being said, you hardly last long with a ordnance I've found, so it's balanced.

343i improved Halo so much that the Real Fans are quitting to play.

I think it's rudeness about 343i disappointing the Dedicated Fans.

I disagree with all of this.

Halo Is not even close to CoD Halo, has color dont know what your talking 'bout.

Not to mention Halo 4 Isnt by Bungie so obviously It wont be exactly like Halo 3.

I see problems In Halo 4 but their major so I keep playing and dont complain.

Complaining wont do you any good so just play the game..

That simple.

can you define the term real fan?. what do you also define as huge amount 10 people?

I'm just reporting some avowals from some Halo fans, who's quitting the game.

And about "Real Fans". I'm not speaking about me, but about people who played Halo since the CE, and has some affection to the franchise. Even today, Halo 2 is considered the best. Well, Halo 4 has his fans, but I think unfair betraying such fans.

The way 343i is taking Halo is the problem.

Halo was always a run and gun shooter, but since everyone spawned as equals in Halo 1 - 3, it always had an element of skill to it outside of just picking the best loadout. With the addition of loadouts in Reach and their expansion in 4, Halo was thrown face first into the same category as Battlefield, Call of Duty, other such games, and it just couldn't compete. It went from being a fairly unique console shooter to one of the generics, and while Halo 4 is not a bad game it isn't as refined as its competition. 343i needs to either make sure the next game is up to current expectations or innovate into a genre where they can set the expectations.

• Like 2

I was using the quotes to simply mock the use of the term.

I hardly agree with the term "real fans" because it's a load of utter crap.

But using the OP's definition. I fall under it

As for friends. Try tripling that assumption..

Different /=/ Dead.

Your english is very nice, however.

I have to disagree with you, OP. Games usually change over years, it is very common.

That's my take. I would be bored and pissed if the game was the same every time. I don't mind the similarities to COD/Crysis, because that is the way games are going. Loadouts don't ruin it, it just changes the dynamics, and not all gametypes have loadouts, such as SWAT, which I often play. I happen to like H4, especially compared to Reach. And, personally, I wish Spartans were more mobile with navigating terrain, such as using ladders, climbing walls and ravines as in campaign. I am all about games evolving. That's just me. CV

• 2 weeks later...

PLEASE tell me where all this NEW stuff came from? Kill cam? Ordinance drops? 5 load outs to start the map? Credits to unlock different weapons for your load outs? Perks ( invis, jet pack )? Sprint? Im not sure if you know but all of that is from cod.. If 343 didn't want this game to be JUST LIKE COD then what did they want it to be like? It sure isn't Halo..

I disagree with all of this.

Halo Is not even close to CoD Halo, has color dont know what your talking 'bout.

Not to mention Halo 4 Isnt by Bungie so obviously It wont be exactly like Halo 3.

I see problems In Halo 4 but their major so I keep playing and dont complain.

Complaining wont do you any good so just play the game..

That simple.

• 2 weeks later...

***I DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH, SO I CAN'T EXPRESS CLEARLY. SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKE***

I admit, I'm not a Halo player since the CE. I started to play in Halo 3, indeed I like Halo 3 very much. I was wishful to Halo 4 come, 'cause the graphics and almost everything was looking preety awesome. I'm still thinking the same now, but something is wrong with it. Halo is not Halo anymore! The aspects of Halo 4 is pretty good, but it doesn't fit in the Halo that we know.

I can relate everything that does me disappointed in Halo 4.

1- Armor Abilities: I haven't much to argue, but simply I don't like it.

2- Loadouts: It's bad 'cause it makes all weapons unbalanced. Everybody respawning with DMR killing across the map, making the others guns irrelevant.

3- No Dual-Wielding: This was a stupid change, it's something intrinsic in Halo gameplay. No fun!

4- Maps: Looking like CoD. No life, no color unlike the previous Halo games.

5- Sprint: It simply doesn't fit in Halo. :/

6- No Social Battle Team (I guess the name is like that).

7- Ordnance Drop: It got rid of the struggle to get weapons respawn, and strategy to sabotage.

Some personal confessions:

Well, I'm not skunking the 343i. The game looks good, but all I complain is about the new changes isn't fitting in Halo.

I believe that 343i could make a awesome new franchise. Make another game, with another history, another Universe, and make your own identity. It could be an awesome game. Well, the Xbox needs to have more exclusives.

***I DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH, SO I CAN'T EXPRESS CLEARLY. SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKE***

Halo 4 is not a Halo, unfortunately!

• Like 1

343 thought Halo and we now know the result of his arrogance! No need to be a genius to know that changes are dangerous in that market, should have their ideas implemented gradually in different game modes! Halo4 comes after Halo3 not Reach! always loved Halo! and what you guys did? I never thought I would come back to play the Reach!

• Like 1

Halo isn't dead exactly, just severely beaten like an old lion being bested by a younger male for dominance in his pride. In this case, the younger male is CoD. CoD won't last either though; soon it'll go the way of Halo and not break past a population of 100K due to it being an outdated model for FPSs. Thing is, Cod doesn't change just like Halo wasn't for the longest time. That is why people shifted to COD, because it offered gamers people wanted. That complacency will work against it in the long run, however.

I have a feeling that Destiny, if done right, could take the throne on the top of the FPS food chain. It seems like it will combine the best aspects of competitive online gaming along with MMORPG aspects such as social interaction, character customization and development, open world exploration, and compelling story--things we could only dream of being present in a competitive shooter until now.. These are what FPS fans of the next generation want, the only reason we aren't there yet is because we are not ready for it, both with the hardware we have (360s and PS3s) and the gaming culture we currently live in. Once these new systems launch and we see what real gaming entertainment is like, CoD will be a thing of the past just like Halo is now.

Edited by FleshBack

Halo isn't dead exactly, just severely beaten like an old lion being bested by a younger male for dominance in his pride. In this case, the younger male is CoD. CoD won't last either though; soon it'll go the way of Halo and not break past a population of 100K due to it being an outdated model for FPSs. Thing is, Cod doesn't change just like Halo wasn't for the longest time. That is why people shifted to COD, because it offered gamers people wanted. That complacency will work against it in the long run, however.

I have a feeling that Destiny, if done right, could take the throne on the top of the FPS food chain. It seems like it will combine the best aspects of competitive online gaming along with MMORPG aspects such as social interaction, character customization and development, open world exploration, and compelling story--things we could only dream of being present in a competitive shooter until now.. These are what FPS fans of the next generation want, the only reason we aren't there yet is because we are not ready for it, both with the hardware we have (360s and PS3s) and the gaming culture we currently live in. Once these new systems launch and we see what real gaming entertainment is like, CoD will be a thing of the past just like Halo is now.

i think aslong as cod doesn't massively change there gameplay people will still be buying it. Change is to me what hurts most because theres so many fps out there with certian things to there game and thats why halo was so successfull.

I do hope halo 5 is good.  and i am so buying destiny.

343 thought you knew the Halo and its fans and this now reaping the fruits of his arrogance! UNFORTUNATELY

343 misses all their decisions and the fault is the tendency of the market! I think not!

Face it, Halo has been losing fans for many years now; Halo 4 has just accelerated it slightly. However, I know many people who have switched to Halo 4 BECAUSE of the new additions.

CoD is going now. I think Battlefield is becoming the new FPS with the crown.

• Like 1

I was the biggest Halo fan there was. 343 is a discrace to Halo, and a bomb should go off in their headquarters (not a threat) because they have completely f@#ked up the game and its a big joke to them. I have numerous saved clips of how the game is f@#ked up. Everything about them make me sick and I really hope someone from 343 is reading this. They released the game 6 months early and this is somthing that Bungie would NEVER do, until ALL the problems/ mistakes are fixed. Burn in hell 343!

• Like 2