Gamer Nation News! Vol. 2

GNN.jpg

Hello everybody Vitamin PWN here with the Gamer naton news, right now im gonna drop some info on you about Mass Effect 3 and Aliens: Colonial Marines so get ready for it! are you ready yet? whatever just read the article already.

Mass Effect 3:

mass-effect3-620x250.jpg

The third part of Bioware's epic Sci Fi Trilogy, in Mass Effect 3 the Reaper invasion has begun and only Commander Shepard can stop it. in ME3 the fate of the universe lis in your hands, which planets will be saved and which ones will be destroyed? will new alliances be forged or will you rely on old Alliances.

some of the new features in ME3

The Omni-blade:

The omni-blade is a new weapon, similar to the omni-tool except in weapon form, that is used in close quarters that is used to shank enemies that get to close to Shepard.

Upgrading powers:

ME3 takes ME2's power upgrade system and kicks it up a notch, in ME2 you'd upgrade your powers and the last upgrade would give you one of two options to make the power better, in ME3 they are giving you more of those options, take the singularity power for example. You spend a point to purchase it, and each subsequent upgrade costs more points – much like the old system. The second upgrade increases its duration, the third its radius, then for the fourth, players have a choice between extra duration or wider radius, for the fifth it's a choice between increased damage and faster recharge speed and for the final upgrade it's another choice, between having a 50% larger size for the first ten seconds or having the ball of gravity collapse in on itself and explode when the power ends. this leads to powers being more customizable

The Cover system:

the cover system has been upgrade so now you'll be able to move from one point of cover to another, move around corners while still in cover, you'll be able to commando roll into cover, and they made jumping over low cover less clunky

Squad Controls:

Squad control is gonna play a bigger part in ME3 because there will be enemies that need teamwork to take down such as foes with shields, they will require some one to distract them while some one else flanks them and takes them out from behind. You will also be able to use Kinect to issue voice commands by just stating what you want your squad mates to do.

The end of Shepard's Saga:

Bioware CEO Ray Mazuka told PC Gamer magazine "Mass Effect 3 is simultaneously a couple of different things: a thrilling and epic conclusion to the trilogy as we promised our fans we'd provide for Commander Shepard, but it's also a brand new beginning – it's an entry point for new fans and it's also a brand new beginning."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJvrN6JijuU

Mass Effect 3 is out in store in March 2012

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Aliens-Colonial-Marines_E3-Announcment_logo-290x160.jpg

As a solider in the United States Colonial Marines,equipped with classic Aliens weaponry ranging from pulse rifles to flamethrower and other new equipment, you must face an alien more intense and horrific than ever before. Aliens Colonial Marines has a story driven single player mode and a four person co-op mode where each player plays as a member of a colonial marine squad with their own unique roles.

Aliens:CM serves as a direct sequel to the film, and it takes place on the terraforming colony Hadley's Hope. The detonation of the atmospheric processor has leveled the area, but some structures still stand, and somehow, there are xenomorphs are still lurking about. your mission is to locate the marines that were previous sent in. players will explore the colony, the Derelict Ship that houses all the alien eggs, and even the Sulaco, the spaceship that transported Ripley and the marines in the original film.

The game features everything Aliens fans want foggy corridors, motion tracker pings, aliens that move smoothly and marine that chitchat amongst themselves between alien attacks. Players will have access to sentry guns, that they can use to hold off hordes of aliens and the epicly awesome power loader, a giant exoskeleton armed with a flamethrower! There are new aliens the players will encounter such as the crusher, a large Aliens that tends to charge the player. other new aliens are expected to be revealed in the upcoming months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjY7yFMEk-c

Aliens: Colonial Marines comes out Spring 2012

Thats it for this weeks GNN, Stay Classy 343industries.org

• Like 1

Aliens: CM sounds awesome. Loved the movie. I'll probably give this game a shot.

it does sound awesome i definately want to get it, although i never seen the movie. i need to watch it before the game comes out

Next time could you do Elder Scrolls V Skyrim?

yeah in my next article i'm gonna do Skyrim,gears 3 and possibly bf3