343industries.org Fall Update

Twam

Staff Response
This topic is out of date, please read our next update HERE

Hey Everyone, :hi:
I just wanted to fill you all in on our upcoming updates.
These are the main things that we will be updating first, but there has been many great suggestions that i also plan on implementing.

- New Skin
- Upgrading the board software version from 3.1.4 to 3.2.x
- Upgrading our News system to the latest version
- Posting our Rules for the Site
- Implementing Signature restrictions
- Adding Captcha System for registration
- Allow Trusted Users to bypass flood limit (will remove this if it becomes a problem)
- Allow Trusted users to store more PM's then just 50
- Upgrade ReachStats to work with the latest Board version
- Mail system Fixed and working on email forwarders

Those are the main updates, once our board is up to date then I can start adding more features.
Iv been reading that some users are having problems reporting and editing their profile settings, this board update should fix all those issues.

We also plan on adding a point system where users will gain points for Posting, Creating topis, Creating polls, Having users post on their topics, and just overall activeness.
Then these users will be able to buy items with these points such as Raffle tickets for our monthly giveaways, Members Titles, and more...

I have also been wanting to add a Gallery and Video section so that members can show off their Screenshots and videos, these would be hosted on our server and available to post throughout the forums. Though this would not be updated in our next update but something to expect down the road.

Since the Trusted members Group does not differ much from the regular members group besides showing the pride of being active we might be adding another group for users past trusted, we may start offering these users special things such as @343industries.org email forwarders. Where you could have your [email protected] forward all mail to your actual email address. These will be done manually as obviously some emails will be prohibited.

Besides this there will be some back end changes as well as some small additions such as members being send Birthday Wishes on their Birthdays, and fixing our Registration emails.

We have been reading all of your suggestions and would like to thank members for reporting bugs they have found.
Of course more info to come as time goes on.

Twam
:construction:

Hey Everyone, :hi:

I just wanted to fill you all in on our upcoming updates.

These are the main things that we will be updating first, but there has been many great suggestions that i also plan on implementing.

- New Skin

- Upgrading the board software version from 3.1.4 to 3.2.x

- Upgrading our News system to the latest version

- Posting our Rules for the Site

- Implementing Signature restrictions

- Adding Captcha System for registration

- Allow Trusted Users to bypass flood limit (will remove this if it becomes a problem)

- Allow Trusted users to store more PM's then just 50

- Upgrade ReachStats to work with the latest Board version

- Mail system Fixed and working on email forwarders

Those are the main updates, once our board is up to date then I can start adding more features.

Iv been reading that some users are having problems reporting and editing their profile settings, this board update should fix all those issues.

We also plan on adding a point system where users will gain points for Posting, Creating topis, Creating polls, Having users post on their topics, and just overall activeness.

Then these users will be able to buy items with these points such as Raffle tickets for our monthly giveaways, Members Titles, and more...

I have also been wanting to add a Gallery and Video section so that members can show off their Screenshots and videos, these would be hosted on our server and available to post throughout the forums. Though this would not be updated in our next update but something to expect down the road.

Since the Trusted members Group does not differ much from the regular members group besides showing the pride of being active we might be adding another group for users past trusted, we may start offering these users special things such as @343industries.org email forwarders. Where you could have your [email protected] forward all mail to your actual email address. These will be done manually as obviously some emails will be prohibited.

Besides this there will be some back end changes as well as some small additions such as members being send Birthday Wishes on their Birthdays, and fixing our Registration emails.

We have been reading all of your suggestions and would like to thank members for reporting bugs they have found.

Of course more info to come as time goes on.

Twam

:construction:

Awesome, finally there wont be spam bots!!!

• 2 weeks later...