will CSR be damaged by quiting matches?

paulic83

I hope this is the case because i'm sick of the people so scared of damaging their K/D they quit soon as their team start loosing without any penalty! I am really against quiting matches unless for instance the other day I came into a game with 1 team mate vs 4 on other team on complex the game had already started they had both ghosts the 1on foot had scattershot the other had the sword and sniper it wad rediculas but obviosly this was caused by quiters on my team in the 1st place. I'm all for the ingame joining I know as i've just said it can drop you right in the s**t but it's better than being left on your own to fight against four people. Maybe if quiting does affect your rank there will be a lot less quiters around so less joining mid game.

well with all these new features halo 4 has brought in from other games I mean why not quit theres no penalty . *none i'm aware of* if a team starts losing or is doing bad quiting is what they will do since your not punished for quiting and your not rewarded for winning and with little to none  communcation in game theres not much incentive to stay if your losing or doing bad.

as for this so called ranking system 343 is bringing out we have yet to hear about i'm not sure i think they should do it like dota if 1 guy quits then your team shouldn't be punished but the other team should still get the points for winning.

well with all these new features halo 4 has brought in from other games I mean why not quit theres no penalty . *none i'm aware of* if a team starts losing or is doing bad quiting is what they will do since your not punished for quiting and your not rewarded for winning and with little to none  communcation in game theres not much incentive to stay if your losing or doing bad.

as for this so called ranking system 343 is bringing out we have yet to hear about i'm not sure i think they should do it like dota if 1 guy quits then your team shouldn't be punished but the other team should still get the points for winning.

The penalty was the banning that everyone was so upset about when the game came out. I don't know if they removed that or not.

What banning? Only thing i've heard of banning aside from cheating was the mess with buying the season pass! I hope it does something though not banning thats a bit extreme but it should affect this CSR its rediculas when I see peoples really high K/D record and they just quit out just as soon as it starts looking bad.

The penalty was the banning that everyone was so upset about when the game came out. I don't know if they removed that or not.

Can you give a few extra details here? I remember 343i said something about cracking down on persistent quitters in Reach when they first took over that, but I don't remember hearing anything about handing out mass bans in Halo 4.

Can you give a few extra details here? I remember 343i said something about cracking down on persistent quitters in Reach when they first took over that, but I don't remember hearing anything about handing out mass bans in Halo 4.

That was probably it then, just remember 343 banning people so I associated it with Halo 4.

And not ban, but suspension.

• 2 weeks later...

It was Reach. After quiting a few matches it would give you a 15 minute suspension. Then another penalty later would be a few days, and it gets worse the more you do it.

wrong, unless it was changed. most of the time i had to quit due to unbearable lag, even with the Good Connection Preference. after quitting about 4-5 matches in a row, i saw a message that basically said "you have quit too many games recently. quit again and you wont be able to rejoin matchmaking for 10 mins". after that, i quit again for one reason or another and couldnt play for 10 mins. ive done this at least 5 times throughout the reach months (btwn reach's launch and halo 4's launch) and i still got the 10 min penalty

• 2 weeks later...

wrong, unless it was changed. most of the time i had to quit due to unbearable lag, even with the Good Connection Preference. after quitting about 4-5 matches in a row, i saw a message that basically said "you have quit too many games recently. quit again and you wont be able to rejoin matchmaking for 10 mins". after that, i quit again for one reason or another and couldnt play for 10 mins. ive done this at least 5 times throughout the reach months (btwn reach's launch and halo 4's launch) and i still got the 10 min penalty

No, it's not wrong. They just weren't very aggressive about banning people. They said one thing and barely supported it. Your experience is just them not caring that much.