Halo Combat Evolved Multiplayer (XBLA Download)

It's a great game, but I'd go for CEA if I were you. Since CE original has no online multiplayer, unless you have a lot of buddies to play with at home, CEA's better for the graphics, terminals, skulls, and sound effects. (Seriously. I love CEA's sound effects.)

• Like 1

This is the one thing I never understood about microsoft or bungie, if they just made a match making for halo 1, and re-release the game with full online multiplayer it would sell MASSIVELY. THEY WOULD MAKE SO MUCH MONEY, AND THE FANS WOULD BE HAPPY.

It's one of the those scenarios that everyone wins. The companies, and the consumers.

Ps. I don't care for CEA's sound effects, they are good, but I want the classic sounds of the pistol firing, not the newer sound.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

CE is my favourite of the series. It's amazing. I highly recommend that you get it. As for multiplayer, no I don't think there is any. If it's identical to the original Xbox version, then it would have local multiplayer. I think you can play the Campaign split-screen though. I wouldn't really know, I have the original Xbox version and CE Anniversary. But, it's definitely an amazing campaign.

As for multiplayer, no I don't think there is any. 

Yea, there's no multiplayer for the original Xbox version of the game anymore, though for the original PC version, there's still multiplayer.

You can't play split-screen on the original Xbox game either, though you can in CE Anniversary over Xbox Live. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing it on pc because of my vacation :D

we should get online cus i have the PC version. my user name is "nv"

I recommend getting the PC version; multiplayer is still very active!  :good:

i have halo 1 PC and the multiplayer is great!!!!!!!! has 100k+ people on the game in multiplayer, same with the CE