Heavyshot

Dark Rifle

Dark Launcher

Guardian Turret

Sentinel Mine

Promethean Blade

Titan Cannon

Light Spear

*Boltshot – Because it was overpowered in Halo 4, this weapon can now only take down the shields of an enemy when overcharged, making it useful in melee combinations.

*Pulse Beam – Directed energy weapon that fires bursts of energy projectiles. When overcharged it fires a concentrated burst of energy in a thin horizontal spread. It can be found on certain Sentinel automatons, particularly the Enforcer.

*Promethean Carbine – semiautomatic scoped rifle that fires hard light projectiles, which can penetrate walls.

*Sentinel Beam – Directed energy weapon that fires a steady stream of hard light for ten seconds before overheating, found on certain Sentinel automatons.

*Heavyshot – Directed energy weapon mounted on the shoulder that fires a single beam of hard light, which explodes upon impact.

*Dark Rifle – Semiautomatic scoped rifle powered by dark energy, capable of evaporating targets within seconds.

*Dark Energy – Handheld antiaircraft weapon powered by dark energy, designed to vaporize the alloys on human airborne vehicles.

*Guardian Turret – Stationary automatic weapon found on certain Promethean automatons.

*Sentinel Mine – Single shot grenade launcher that envelopes targets in self-immolating nanites, melting armor and flesh upon impact, found on certain Sentinel automatons and only disabled by the electromagnetic pulse of the Sonic Grenade.

*Promethean Blade – Melee weapon found on certain Promethean automatons. Players can commandeer vehicles by slashing at the head/torso of the driver and impaling him.

*Titan Cannon – Fully automatic directed energy weapon designed to neutralize large groups of enemies.

*Light Spear – Melee weapon employed by the personal guard of the Didact.

*Katana – Melee weapon reinforced by a powerful alternating current that resonates at extremely high speeds. It originally functioned as an accessory in Halo 3, while here it behaves as a lethal melee weapon on par with the energy sword. It has lower damage than the energy sword, but can be drawn quicker and used with greater speed.

Human Grenades

Covenant Grenades

Promethean Grenades

Fragmentation Grenade

Napalm Grenade

Sonic Grenade

Plasma Grenade

Firebomb Grenade

Spike Grenade

Pulse Grenade

Incineration Grenade

Binary Grenade

*Sonic Grenade – Electromagnetic pulse grenade designed to disable vehicles and shields.

*Binary Grenade – Creates a temporary slipspace warp, pulling nearby objects towards their imminent doom.

*Incineration Grenade – This explosive launches nanites similar to those employed in the Sentinel Beam at targets, consuming alloys and flesh for an extended period of time, only disabled by the electromagnetic pulse of the Sonic Grenade.

Human Equipment

Covenant Equipment

Promethean Equipment

Drop Shield

Trip Mine

Regenerator

Radar Jammer

Deployable Cover

Power Drain

Overshield

Gravity Lift

Jackal Gauntlet

Hardlight Shield

Beam Turret

Autosentry

Flare

Human Armor Abilities

Covenant Armor Abilities

Promethean Armor Abilities

Thruster Pack

Sprint

Jet Pack

Climb

Evade

Berserk

Active Camouflage

Hologram

Jump

Charge

Active Teleporter

Promethean Vision

*Promethean Vision – This armor ability now has a radius of only ten feet, making it useless in detecting players at long ranges.

*Jackal Gauntlet – Covering less body area than the Hardlight Shield, this equipment piece is more durable and able to take more damage before failing.

Human Armor Drops

Covenant Armor Drops

Promethean Armor Drops

70 xp

90 xp

110 xp

130 xp

75 xp

95 xp

115 xp

135 xp

80 xp

100 xp

120 xp

140 xp

*Human Armor Drop – After earning at least 70 points, an octagonal platform approximately six feet in diameter will plummet from a distant pelican dropship that flies over the map. The Spartan who called in the armor drop will then stand in the center of the platform – depending on the armor ability preselected, specific parts of the armor drop platform will move to form around the player (if thruster pack was selected, the metal footspaces that the Spartan is standing in will form around his feet and attach the thruster pack to his heels; if the jet pack was selected, two magnetic devices will rise out of the platform carrying the jet back, attaching it to the Spartan’s back).

*Covenant Armor Drop – After earning at least 75 points, an octagonal platform with similar dimensions to the human drop pod except made of dark purple Covenant metal will plummet from a distance phantom dropship. The Sangheili who called in the armor drop will then stand in the center of the platform – depending on the armor ability selected, specific parts of the armor drop platform will move to form around the player (if evade was selected, two anti-gravity Covenant drones will detach from the platform and hover in the air near the player’s back carrying two devices which comprise the armor ability; if active camouflage was selected, an anti-gravity beam will lift the armor ability up and onto the Sangheili’s back, where it will then mechanically form around its torso).

*Promethean Armor Drop – After earning at least 80 points, a triangular platform made of grey Forerunner alloy will teleport to the location selected by the player. The Spartan or Sangheili who called in the armor drop will then stand in the center of the platform – the platform will then disassemble into minute metal fragments and circle around the player, attaching to him to form the preselected armor ability.

*Climb – Spartans can climb steep obstacles while still exposed to fire.

*Berserk – Sangheili will scream in anger once shields are down and gain a reduction in damage, as well as a small speed increase.

*Jump – Spartans and Sangheili can execute a jump frequently employed by Promethean Knights.

*Charge – Spartans and Sangheili will be able to use teleportation to evade fire whilst advancing towards enemies.

*Active Teleporter – Spartans and Sangheili can use teleportation to move up to ten feet away from previous location.

• Like 2

It's quite simple bring back all weaponry from previous halo games.

Yes even the brute stuff- if they can add a Grav-hammer they can sure as hell add the other brute weapons

Also if MP is a "simulation within a simulation" again then there's a viable excuse

Oh and equipment from Halo 3 I miss that stuff

No no no, I hated equipment. It was one-time use, but it lasted long. Bubble Shields, Power Drains, Regen Fields, Trip Mines...it was all so crazy and random.

Only Equipment that didn't infuriate me at the sight of it being used was Grav Lift, and that's because I didn't see it used in front of vehicles.

In H4 and Reach I thought Armor Abilities were good and balanced. Situational, and short, though reusable. H4's Armor Abilities could be unbalanced in MP, but only if paired with a custom loadout in a manner that makes it overpowered.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe for a promethian vehicle they could have something that transforms from an air vehicle into a walker. I'm thinking air mode would allow for quick movement and as such would have less firepower than walker mode. I'd like to see some sort of targeting laser come off the main cannon like with the binary rifle. It could charge up like a splaser and disintegrate vehicles. I'm a sucker for those disintegrate animations though. I kinda just want to see more of them.

As far as weapons go, there are some that I really want to see, but in reality I think less is more when it comes to competetive multiplayer. When it comes to vehicles however I feel that every variant should be available in MP. It would allow for forgers to make interesting set-piece engagements at the very least. I suppose in that sense having a large selection of weapons, even if many of them aren't exactly competetive, would be a boon to the community because machinima producers and custom game players would still utilize them.

Vehicles:

Covenant:

-Lich

-Phantom

-Scarab

-Ghost

-Banshee

-Wraith (Anti-Air included)

Human:

-Hornet

-Falcon

-Pelican

-Warthog(s)

-Scorpion

-Mammoth

I also think they should add vehicles for space warfare.

Covenant:

-CCS Class Battlecruiser

-Covenant Corvette

-Seraph/Banshee Interceptor

Human:

-Frigate

-Halcyon/Marathon Class Cruiser

-Longsword/Broadsword

• Like 1

I'm not sure how the ships would be implemented... I'd sure love absolutely massive maps made from the interior and exterior of frigates and corvettes. Realistically the competitive multiplayer would be confined to a small area of the ship, but it would allow machinima makers, forgers, and custom gamers massive spaces in which to experiment.

I'd love to see invasion brought back but with mammoths and scarabs. I think that as the attacker moves up, they'd have these super-heavies to spawn in offer fire support. It would be an interesting sudo-objective to defend or destroy them.

I'd also love to see variants on loads of vehicles. Different variants suit different game types and different game sizes. I really want to see the falcon again. That thing was probably the best air vehicle in terms of just flying around. So much fun.

I've got a few ideas:

1. Combine the BR and DMR into one rifle, similar to the Light Rifle.

Before you shoot this idea down, let me explain. This hybrid rifle would fire 3-round bursts when "hip-fired", but would be semi-automatic when scoped. Unlike the LR, however, it would do more damage while hip-fired, and so scoping would sacrifice damage for accuracy at longer ranges. This would effectively get rid of the problematic 'utility weapon' known as the DMR and fit both the newer BR variant and LR into specific roles. One would defeat the other based on what range the engagement was at. If anyone needs me to explain this idea further, I will promptly do so.

2. Reintroduce the Needle Rifle in exchange for the Carbine. Though a shocking thought, it makes sense in the game's canon (as the Storm Covenant typically employ outdated technology, such as the Elites' combat harnesses and the older model of Beam Rifle. The Needle Rifle would also fit more into the threatening aesthetic for these Elites, with its design including jagged shards of explosive crystal. Gameplay-wise, it would work like its Reach iteration, but balanced to be effective alongside the LR and "BR variant" listed above. It would differentiate itself from the others in the sense that it is a fully-automatic precision weapon, as well as capable of supercombine kills. This would add variation to the sandbox's precision weapons and serve to enforce the more brutal nature of this Covenant Remnant.

3. Simplify loadouts. Making loadouts consist of your choice of AR, Storm Rifle, BR variant listed above, Needle Rifle, and LR is an obvious choice. The problems with loadouts generally stemmed from the choices other than primary weapon. That said, if everyone is only able to be equipped with a Magnum secondary and Frag grenades (allowing the Resupply ability to everyone) and had to scavenge for things like Armor Abilities, we could see more use in them. The absence of Plasma Pistol/Grenades at spawn would also allow vehicles to be more useful. With the only option being what primary weapon you spawn with, you can still have that sense of choice in what role you wish to play (choosing based on the effective combat roles/range of these weapons), but without the detriment of people being allowed to spawn with the N00B combo, Boltshot, or Plasma grenades (which were all the biggest problems with loadouts in general).

I also have some ideas for Armor Abilities, but will post them at a later time. What do you think of the ideas so far?

• Like 1

1. Combine the BR and DMR into one rifle, similar to the Light Rifle. Before you shoot this idea down, let me explain. This hybrid rifle would fire 3-round bursts when "hip-fired", but would be semi-automatic when scoped. Unlike the LR, however, it would do more damage while hip-fired, and so scoping would sacrifice damage for accuracy at longer ranges. This would effectively get rid of the problematic 'utility weapon' known as the DMR and fit both the newer BR variant and LR into specific roles. One would defeat the other based on what range the engagement was at. If anyone needs me to explain this idea further, I will promptly do so.

I like your ideas, and even like the thought behind this weapon. I see one problem though.

If the weapon is balanced as a 4-shot BR then scoped it would take 12 shots while scoped with perfect accuracy to kill an enemy. That is a cripplingly looooong time-to-kill. I suppose you could have it so that the bullet damage isn't equal round-of-ammunition for round-of-ammunition, but that just feels wrong. I do like the idea of damage ranges being inversely related though. It is not without merit.

I think a better way to do it, would be to simplify loadouts. Game-rules would decide whether it is Covenant, UNSC, or Promethian loadouts and just go from there. That way the faction weapons aren't directly competing with each other for dominance. You could have the LR behave very similarly to the DMR when scoped and the BR when unscoped, and it wouldn't necessarily be to the detriment to multiplayer. It could even be a boon; forcing players such as myself to use things other than the DMR and frag 'nades for once.

Of course you run into the problem of some faction loadouts being more popular than others... I remember voting for only the UNSC gametypes in Reach because I preferred the human weapons.

I have since rethought this idea and also came to the conclusion of simplifying loadouts, among other things. If you would like to see them, here's the link: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst221865_Halo-Xbox-One--How-to-Handle-Weapons-and-AAs.aspx I'd love to hear feedback from you, if you have the time. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I think halo 5 multi player Dominion should have a anti Infantry auto base turrets in machine gun categories and auto anti Aircraft machine gun turrets so banshees and other air crafts can be easily brought down with one full wave of bullets. the stronger the aircraft the less damege the anti aircraft gun will do. but it will be good for bases that need protection.The more protection a base has the less likely it will be captured.

the option to also have auto turret upgrades for anti ground or anti air would be most appreciated.

the option to hold to guns at the same time will be great to- :chaingun:   

:gsd: 

• Like 1

Here are some ideas i dreamed up for halo 5

Halo 5 weapons and vehicles:

UNSC Vehicles:
-Warthog
 •Gauss
 •Rocket
 •Chain Gun
-Mongoose
-Scorpion
-Mantis 
-Viper (Light assault aircraft)
•Equipped with heat seeking missiles and light machine gun
•Highly maneuverable (on the level of the banshee), weak armor
-Hornet
-Falcon
• Assault (has a front mounted chain gun which can be controlled by the pilot as well as two .50 cal door guns, can carry 2 passengers who can shoot their personal weapons)
• Light (door guns only, can carry 2 passengers who can shoot their personal weapons)
-Pelican (Heavy Transport aircraft) 
•Pilot controlled forward heavy auto cannon 
• equipped with  2 .50 caliber door guns on back. Can hold up to 8 personnel who can shoot their personal weapons
•contain two small arms racks in cargo area

UNSC weapons:

-Magnum
-SMG 
•can be used as a sidearm
-Battle Rifle
-DMR
-Assault rifle
-SSMG 
•the silenced SMG from ODST
-Frag grenade
-SAW 
•buffed H4 version
-Grenade Launcher 
•fires projectiles similar to the sticky detonator that will explode on contact or await detonation depending on firing mode(Utilizes a 3 round magazine)
-Spartan Laser 
•similar to the reach version
-Sniper Rifle 
-Rocket Launcher 
•Fires two types of rockets, Anti-personnel rockets (which appear green on your HUD) are unguided and deal high splash damage, while anti-vehicle rockets (blue on your HUD) track ALL vehicles and have high penetrative power, dealing twice the damage against vehicles.
-Railgun 
•Halo 4 version
-Heavy Railgun 
•One hit kill on ANYTHING, including pelicans(comes with 1 extra round and takes 5 seconds to charge and fire)
-Hyper Rifle
• 3 shot kill, low ROF
• battery operated, batter holds energy for 36 shots
• emits high intensity atom laser 

Detachable Turrets:
-Machine gun
-Flamethrower

Emplacements:
-Rocket Turret 
•Fires volleys of 4 rockets, rockets become guided when the operator enters first person mode and looks through the emplacements holographic optics. Range 1000m

-Gauss Turret
• Identical to the turret mounted on the back of a warthog

-Mortar Turret
•Starts with a target locator, the player who acquires the locator can use it to call in mortar fire anywhere on the map. 
• locator creates a red circle around its target and sticks to objects, including vehicles and personnel.
•Mortar fires 3 rounds volleys, each round yielding the power of 2 antipersonnel rockets.

Covenant Weapons:
-Plasma Pistol
-Plasma Rifle
-Storm Rifle
-Needler
-Needle Rifle
-Covenant Carbine
-Assault Carbine
• 5 shot kill, fires particle beam with extreme accuracy at extreme range
• low rate of fire 
-Beam Rifle
-Concussion rifle
-Fuel Rod Cannon
-Plasma Launcher 
• identical to the one in reach but with a longer range
-Energy Sword
-Plasma Grenade

Covenant Vehicles:
-Ghost (reach version)
-Banshee (reach version)
-Wraith
-Revenant 
-Spectre 
• holds 2 passengers, 1 gunner, 1 driver
• equipped with 1 dual barreled plasma cannon, the same as that of the banshee
-Phantom (Heavy troop transport)
• equipped with 1 forward rapid fire concussion cannon which is controlled by the pilot, as well as 2 door mounted light plasma cannons
• Capable of carrying 8 personnel who can fire their personnel weapons
•Contains 2 small arms crates in cargo area

Turrets:
-Plasma turret

Emplacements:
-Plasma cannon shade
•Identical to the one in reach but with higher projectile speeds
-Fuel rod shade
• like the ones in the reach campaign 
• Firing homing fuel rods rounds that tracks land and air vehicles

Brute Weapons:
-Spiker
-Brute shot
-Mauler
-Brute plasma rifle (halo 2 version)
-Gravity hammer
-Napalm grenades (halo 3 version)
-Spike grenades 

Brute vehicles:
-Chopper

Armor abilities:
-Jetpack
-Thruster pack (buffed h4 version)
-Active Camo
-Evade
-Berserk 
• allows users a brief burst of extreme speed once their shields are removed (like the h2/h3 brutes)
-Regen Field
-Stability 
• allows player to remain scoped in while taking fire 
-Thermal 
• shows players and vehicles in bright red/white, terrain is darker blue. 
• Residual heat signatures will reveal enemies hiding around corners by slightly brightening the air next to the corner (YOU CANNOT SEE THROUGH WALLS)

Equipment:

-Anti vehicle Mine
•Fits into a slot on your HUD next to the grenade slots, destroys warthogs in one hit as well as personnel
-Bubble shield 
•remains active until destroyed
-EMP field 
•Immobilizes vehicles and SLOWY drains shields within a 20m radius 

You may notice that i left out forerunner weapons and vehicles, that is because (in my opinion) the forerunners are utterly boring and annoying to fight. 
I would love to see the brutes return as a sort of pirate like rouge faction in halo 5, possibly attempting to invade and take control of a weakened Sanghelios which we must defend alongside the arbiter. 

In addition, many of the vehicles i listed are only plausible if used in a 16 vs 16 or 32 vs 32 playlist (such as the pelican and phantom) which will hopefully be possible with the processing power of the next gen xbox.

Nice ideas but what if in the next halo 5 the aircraft went down and could be fixed by spartans. 3 or 5 spartans defend  the 2 people fixing the ride when it becomes operational you fly in used to be enemy pelican,phantom,etc.

I would like a UNSC weapon called the Lighter. It would fire just one cartridge that engulfes an area that size of a Regen Field in flames. A direct hit means certain death, while the area of effect is good or area of denial. It would be great to use against the Flood.

that is if the flood even comeback to the campaign hope it does though

• 5 weeks later...

For my first post on this forum, I am going to suggest something me and my friend have been thinking of for quite some time.

As many may tell, you can see Halo 4 multiplayer is far more vanilla than the past three main Halo games, and has been stripped right back to the foundation and rebuilt. Which I find is a fantastic move.

But now, I think it's time 343i forged something more for Halo 5. These are some of my ideas for what can be included:

- Reintroduction of the UNSC Vulture and Lych as a drivable vehicle in a new 'heavy air-assault vehicle class. (would make for some brutal 32-player multiplayer battles)

- Introduction of the UNSC Sparrowhawk as a multiplayer vehicle. (UNSC counterpart of the Banshee)

- Use of the Mammoth in a map that would be the successor to Sandtrap.

those are great ideas! i really like the one about the mammoths on a sandtrap successor, that would be AMAZING! like sandtraps big brother. can you imagine the chaos of like 32 on 32 (or even 16 on 16 if 32 is too much) flag cap matches on a level like that? *inhales deeply* beautiful....can you smell that boys and girls? thats how halo is supposed to smell.

• 2 months later...

YES, YES I DO now i know this is similar to star wars but it would be much fun (a lot actually) make  a space battle either vs against computer or online were one faction (covenant) vs unsc in space and have different scenario like a hanger bay in each ship (done in reach) and a control room leading any room ie a place wear u can remotely control turrets and also have like in hangers have were u could enter sabres or pelican(use for transport up to 5 people lets say) and enter the opposition (covenant) carrier/hanger and also maybe command or create a formation with computer(controlled fighters to make more kill in online) fighters and frigates also it could be stations or other stuff so overall have space and hanger fighting (also add new fighter jets and new Covent (halo 4) vehicles design having a massive space battle would be totally awesome and be a great game aspect. thanks

YES, YES I DO now i know this is similar to star wars but it would be much fun (a lot actually) make  a space battle either vs against computer or online were one faction (covenant) vs unsc in space and have different scenario like a hanger bay in each ship (done in reach) and a control room leading any room ie a place wear u can remotely control turrets and also have like in hangers have were u could enter sabres or pelican(use for transport up to 5 people lets say) and enter the opposition (covenant) carrier/hanger and also maybe command or create a formation with computer(controlled fighters to make more kill in online) fighters and frigates also it could be stations or other stuff so overall have space and hanger fighting (also add new fighter jets and new Covent (halo 4) vehicles design having a massive space battle would be totally awesome and be a great game aspect. thanks

I, along with many others in the Halo Community, feel that the Light Rifle was far to much of a re-skin for it to have really been worth it's place in Halo 4. That said, I do like the concept, alternate firing modes depending on your situation, and it has a cult following now. I feel, that as we already have the BR/DMR Counterpart system, we should implement it for all the factions' utility precision rifles. While I have some Idea's for a Ex Prophet-Covenant or Storm DMR equivalent, This is dedicated to my Forerunner one, the Z-717 Molten Rifle. It shares a dual-fire mode system with the Light Rifle, but past that it is quite different. For those interested the most unique part, it's mode two.

Z-717 Molten Rifle:

A new Promethean/Forerunner weapon, this thing is very unique apart from one thing in that it shares a two fire mode system with the LR.

Mode One: Un-Zoomed:

This Weapons un-zoomed mode will have a magazine of 18 shots, it is also "Automatic" in the same style as the needle rifle or Hand Cannon. it fires at a rate of 0.23 seconds between shots but has a fair bit of recoil, it is a 6 shot kill. It has a minimum kill time of 1.38 seconds approx. Whats so special I hear you cry? you are about to find out...

Mode Two: Zoomed:

This is where the Molten part comes into it. It fires capsules of Molten Hardlight, the same stuff as the Incineration Cannon at the enemy, that upon contact, shatter and start dealing DoT damage to the  enemy Shields. When it fires a shot, another shot can be fired 0.3 seconds afterwards. If a player is hit by shot from the Molten Rifles scoped shot, they will lose shields at a rate of 70% per second over a 2 second period, so two shots have a 1.45 Kill time approx. when you fire two shots. When you fire a second shot onto player who has all ready been shot with the Molten Rifle, the 70% accelerates to 90%, but this only stacks once. this will break shields in 1.22 seconds approx. so three shots has a minimum Kill Time of 1.22 Seconds, but it is harder time your shots correctly, balancing the quick kill time. Bear in mind missing a shot can easily result in a quick death, it is a risk vs reward weapon.

This makes this weapon, when zoomed, far more efficient when ducking between cover, as opposed to strafing, and while you can be tempted to seek the quicker kill, it's harder to time, it consumes alot of your ammo, as unlike how the Light Rifle's system of 1 zoomed shot = 1 un-zoomed burst, 1 zoomed capsule = 3 un-zoomed shots. It adds a skill as to determining what kill time is more beneficial to your situation. The un-zoomed mode is hardly useless and is necessary for CQC defense , so can you risk ALL those tempting 1.2 Kill Times? Probably not. It's a thinking mans weapon, which adds alot more interesting tactics to an otherwise bloated and somewhat un-diverse utility precision rifle pool. If we had more diversity among the precision rifles, it wouldn't feel so bloated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A long time ago, I made up this Forerunner 'dropship'. It kinda looks like a dragonfly. It could have a Promethean or a Librarian exterior, with the orange or blue-ish lights and stuff. The wings are basically Halos with orange/blue-ish bright glow in them. There are about 6 jumpseats in the tail section that close when there is little to no atmosphere. It would have these big bug-eye shaped pilot and copilot seats. I didnt really think of any weapon that could fit on. Maybe the one of the turrets that are on the Didacts ship. When you enter the ships cockpit, it overrides your HUD and replaces it with an orange Forerunner HUD. I havent named it, so thats up for discussion.

• 3 months later...

there should be 3 vehicle classes, i for each faction: gunship, transport, and fighter

UNSC:

-pelican, heavy transport (reach version)

-sabre, longsword, shortsword, or broadsword, fighter

-hawk (Halo wars), falcon, hornet or something like this (courtesy of deviantart) for gunship

transport_gunship_by_shimmering_sword-d3

Covenant

-Phantom, heavy transport

-banshee or seraph, fighter

-vampire(halo wars) gunship