Who would like to see a Halo with little or no multiplayer?

BaconShelf

By no multiplayer. I mean no COMPETITIVE, customs, forge and co-op play would be there. Instead, it would be a highly story based and driven game, with a campaign of say... 10-12 hours rather than the usual 4-5.

What? A game needs multiplayer to gain money!

No. Take Half-Life and HL2. Considered by many to be one of the best FPS games around but never had multiplayer, yet they are EXTREMELY popular. (HL 2 was brought out after Xbox live) So no, a game does not need competitive to survive, but a highly immersive, groundbreaking and amazing story. Anyone agree?

Why No Multi Player??? If the competitive was removed sure the campaign will leave you busy for a while....but eventully youll finish it and what will you do? youll just get bored of it. Multiplayer is like 1/2 the reason why people play it I guess. So No they shouldent remove multiplayer in  my opinion.

I see why you might want less multiplayer, and I am more into Halo for the campaign than the online features, but it still needs multiplayer. Its an intergral part of halo and where else do you get to stick blue alien explosives to your friends crotch? I would like to see the classic multiplayer return. Halo CE, 2 & 3 style where you have to find weapons on the map. Surely classic is easyer to produce, and it allows for awesome maps based around weapon locations, secret passages and choke points. But they should really focus on the Campaign first and worry about the multiplayer second. Make 5 - 7 great multiplayer maps, focus on Campaign so its amazing and the DLC that is sure to come can be focused on after the game is finished releiving a little stress. 12 hour Halo campaign could be amazing. The amount of ideas that have been scrapped in previous halo titles due to time constraints is staggaring!

I would like to see a halo with a far bigger story-line. I personally don't mind what they do with the multiplayer as I do not play it myself, but I'm sure they would never do it because the multiplayer  brings in half of the player base.

• Like 1

Competitive multiplayer has been an integral part of Halo since the very first Halo. Removing it takes away a part of Halo that makes it great. Yes, there  are those who don't play multiplayer, but many people do, and there is no way for a Halo game to be as great as the previous Halo games without competitive multiplayer. I'm sorry, baconshelf, but you're wrong.

I was more saying that (to me) the series would/can survive off the amazing universe and story. By no means, am I saying removal of multiplayer is incredibly smart or going to happen, but I have confidence in the story telling to draw and keep fans. Furthermore, I believe a larger campaign could regain some fans, as many I know didn't like the 4-5 hours.

Point being, I believe multiplayer is not a requirement, but rather a luxury society expects in every game.

If there is noncompetitive multiplayer, then the replay value is severely reduced. Multiplayer should be simple and classic. The Forge should be upgraded. They can make the Campaign longer but be efficient about it; for instance, they could make a Campaign map in which you first assault and take over a Promethean base. In the next level, you would try to defend it from the Covenant; in the next level, you would go on a stealth mission with ODSTs to retrieve something from the base--say the Arbiter, who was captured. In this way, they can make the campaign longer, more dynamic, and more satisfying while saving space for faculties like competitive multiplayer and Forge, which are essential to please the majority of the community. You have to remember that there are many kinds of people who play Halo nowadays; a longer Campaign by itself isn't going to cut it.

I play Halo for the multi player!  I'll play through the campaign one or two times, or to certain missions to complete challenges.  But I can't get behind a Halo with no multiplayer.  Whats the fun there?  Ill play the game once maybe twice through, then put it down for good.  Im not going to spend $60 on a once around game.  

I do not agree.

Halo Is built around the campaign but also including competition.

Say maybe they did just a good campaign.

Im not saying a game cant live without competition.

But, considering the state that 343industries Is In now I dont think this would be a good step to make.

But good Idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I meant no competitive remember- customs still there.

i would be fine with that too.

I see why you might want less multiplayer, and I am more into Halo for the campaign than the online features, but it still needs multiplayer. Its an intergral part of halo and where else do you get to stick blue alien explosives to your friends crotch? I would like to see the classic multiplayer return. Halo CE, 2 & 3 style where you have to find weapons on the map. Surely classic is easyer to produce, and it allows for awesome maps based around weapon locations, secret passages and choke points. But they should really focus on the Campaign first and worry about the multiplayer second. Make 5 - 7 great multiplayer maps, focus on Campaign so its amazing and the DLC that is sure to come can be focused on after the game is finished releiving a little stress. 12 hour Halo campaign could be amazing. The amount of ideas that have been scrapped in previous halo titles due to time constraints is staggaring!

back demon!!! you took the words right out of my mouth!!!