7 reasons why Halo 4 is better than Reach.

Sgt. DUKE

I agree Halo 4, Is

better there are many reason why.

But I think both Reach and Halo 4

are as good, now some of you may not agree.

Not surprised because, Ik you guys all love the new

updates. Honestly, I did too.

Reach was boring me a bit.

But the reason I love Halo 4 Is the fast pace of the game.

Now there may be some problems here and there but other than that Halo 4 Is  a amazing

game even though they could have made It better.

I thought since Bungie left us and gave the Halo title

over to 343Industries that they would make It a bad game.

But, they actually keep the story going and followed along.

• Like 1

Only thing I really see that's better is the graphics and weaponry. I LOVED Reach's campaign, and the multiplayer was awesome.

1. Better graphics

2. BR and DMR in the SAME game!!

3. Chief returns

4. Get to see a Forerunner!!!!!!!

5. A fresh look at the Universe

6. Mini-campaign(Spartan-ops)

7. We start to see what Reclaimer really means.

• Like 1

Halo 4 is a good game, but I think Halo Reach is better. In custom game, we can change the weaponry and other things with the zombie, so we can play nice gametypes like fat kid. Also, the matchmaking in Reach was spectacular! I never get bored on the game after I did like 20 matchs. There was also invasion, living dead and action sack in Reach that aren't in Halo 4. The living dead in Reach is a lot better than the one in Halo 4. Also, 343 did a big fault for not putting firefight in Halo 4. It was really nice...

The only thing that is better in Halo 4 in my opinion, it's the campaign. I was really sad when I saw that 343 put the autosentry, the promethean vision and the Hardlight shield. In my opinion, those abilities are for noobs. Also, the guns are too much overpowered. However, the other things are still nice.

I followed a similar behavior for both games, playing them stubbornly for some months and then finally giving up on them getting any better.

Trying to compare them objectively I think Reach is a better game because it possessed more ways for users to change it. I may be damning with faint praise, but when you make a bad game you should at least have the courtesy to include a lot of tools to let the players make a better game than you did. Reach did that moreso than Halo 4 with more Forge and Custom options.

On a piece-by-piece basis Reach still wins:

-It had a better campaign, Halo 4's campaign just plain sucked.

-Both games have bad multiplayer, Reach's was just sort of adolescent and incompetent, Halo 4's is largely stolen from other games and incompetent

-Reach tried and failed to be Halo

-Halo 4 tried to be other games and failed to be Halo or other games

-Neither game had good maps, but Reach's maps were designed on bad Halo ideas from the past while Halo 4's are designed to force a certain type of gameplay, an empty arena would be better than a map that was designed to force a certain type of gameplay. One map-design philosophy is based on "allowing" for player movement and creativity, another is based on "controlling" player movement and potential. The latter is awful, the former can at least occasionally yield good things. Am I the only one bothered by the snuggling with Certain Affinity? It's one thing to contract with someone to do some work for you, it's another to pay them praise and spotlight time when you already paid them money.

-Reach was the first failure, Halo 4 was the second. That timing is significant because it changes players attitudes going into the game and their attitude about the next thing down the line. Later if the Halo franchise goes dormant people might say it started with Reach but was cemented with Halo 4

There are plenty of other details, and really both games sucked pretty bad by Halo standards, so while that may assist me in being objective it still leaves us in a largely tragic situation.

Edited by Bloody Initiate

What is wrong with Halo 4 multiplayer? Why does it suck? Will someone please tell me! I've played all the halo games, and i cant find anything wrong with Halo 4!

If you like it good for you, enjoy it.

If you don't have the same problems with it that I do then I don't think I can "explain" to you why it's bad, because if you're enjoying it than the things that make it so painful for me and others to play just don't bother you the same way. That's OK with me.

Edited by Bloody Initiate
  • Like 1

If you like it good for you, enjoy it.

If you don't have the same problems with it that I do then I don't think I can "explain" to you why it's bad, because if you're enjoying it than the things that make it so painful for me and others to play just don't bother you the same way. That's OK with me.

Yeah. Your right. Every player has his/her taste.

Only thing im dissapointed with halo 4s story is some of the physics aren't really logical, just to mention one example, when requiem went into the sun it only took a few hours, if it only had taken a few hours to travel to the sun from its original position, no life could have ever lived there since it would have been too hot also when requiem went to the sun it exploded and infinity came out just fine from being very close to the sun... to me this seems unrealistic and I dont like unrealistic storys, thats one reason why the previous halos win my vote. 

A hero who have saved humanity several times gets this welcoming greeting when he returns from the dead "You are taller then I expected". I really thought there would be some kinda party when cheif made contact to humanity after many years, apparently not...

Another thing, when halo 4 was announced it was all about the mysterious ancient evil which really got me excited and I wondered what it was, but when I played the game i just clicked a button and POOF; I have killed the most evil thing in the universe.

About the MM I like it, the only thing thats maybe bothering me abit is that there are too many fancy things to choose to your loadout, armor upgrade, tactical package, armor ability.... Remember the time when it was player vs player not super loadout vs fancy loadout? you know what i mean?

Anyway its always easy to poke out the negative stuffs about things, truth is  Halo 4 have been the best halo of all time, cant wait to Halo 5!

I agree with SGT. Duke's post. Nearly everything about Halo 4 is better than Halo Reach. I also enjoy the effort from 343 to build exciting maps that have a variety of color schemes. Reach had the same blue-grey over and over and some of the maps weren't well thought out whatsoever.

• Like 2

Do you honestly feel loadouts makes that sort of significance Jerry? I feel they make next to none difference. They just work as a preference to fit individual playerstyle imo. And this is a good thing. Games like COD have just about all significance in loadouts and weapon combos. But that game also has zero skill gap.

ARMOUR LOCK? Please tell me this is a joke! Worst thing bungie ever did for halo this should be top of OPs list of why 4 is better! It stopped the game dead everytime some noob started loosing a battle, I think the hardline shield is a far better replacment for it!

I quite liked swordbase if I got my hands on the UNSC granade launcher I used to clock up some serious kills with all the campers in that little room with out even peeping in:-)!

I totally agree with you the ArmourLock ability was stupid didn't feel like any sort of Halo equipment.

Doesn't matter, Halo 3 is better then both.

What are you thinking? Reach wasn't very good for me though. 3's campaign was sick, online was alright. So in someways your right.

• 3 weeks later...

Halo 4 campaign is crap. Its crap with good graphics which arent even textured as good as Reach's were.

So? You get to see a forunner and Prometheans?.....besides the Didact whom got domed by Cortana.....the Prometheans are wack. These are not the mystereous beings that i pictured while playing Halo 1 and 3. Its not.

Halo: Reach and Halo:3 made me care for the protagonists and in 4 i wasnt attached to the chief at all. He never really felt like he was in danger and he never got a heros welcome. I didnt witness the Chief getting the prestige and praise of being gone for like 5 or 7 years? Idr but i mean come on. Yes the army is tough but the entire Earth should have been spoken to about the chief, the savior, and nothing. He was just gone for a week and was mysterously found and its like nothing to everyone. He was Lasky's hound and wasnt honored in the slightest.

Because of this campaign my respect for the chief dimished alot.

In Reach i felt like noble was going to really save the planet, and in a freaking twist they each start dying!!! Thats badass storytelling and even the character models looked better in reach, they didnt look like clay barbie dolls in engine.

Ive ranted too much.....if you read it all im sorry and thank you for your time.

The actual story, the character development and backstory etc were very good and fit nicely into the existing plot. In Reach, they just rewrote existing canon! I'm pretty sure PoA was in space during the battle, and I'm pretty sure the fall of reach was over days, not months. I'd be fine if it wasn't rewriting plot that had been well edtablished for nine years before the game came out!

However, the Prometheans , however nori g to fight, were from a story aspect, amazing. They meld perfectly with the forerunner era, and it is pretty clear that 343 spent a lot of time integrating Forerunner trilogy and Kilo-five trilogy (books) into the games, which is a nice reward for peoe who read the books to find out more about the lore while keeping the game it's own story for people who couldn't care less or are new to the franchise.

I didn't enjoy reaches campaign, I think part of it was the animations of NOBLE, about 20 marines, loads of vehicles and upwards of 30 covenant in one area while having about 10 of we were lucky. I don't know, I never cared for NOBLE. They never got much time to flesh out their characters.

• 2 weeks later...

20 reasons why halo reach is greater than halo 4

1. Falcon

2. Big BTB maps

3. Vehicles that are actually worth piloting

4. No plasma grenades in loadouts

5. No plasma pistols in loadouts

6. No specialization

7. A better (marginally) ranking system

8. No join in progress

9. A UI that shows who is in a party

10. A real campaign

11. Realistic large scale explosions (halo 4s look like confetti)

12. Brutes

14. No boltshot

15. Elites in multiplayer

16. Invasion

17. Assault

18. Space combat

19. Back jumping

20. No OP DMR

• Like 1

Halo 4 had space combat, did it not. Negating point 18.

Halo 4 also had a 'real' campaign- it happened in lore and it exists on the disc

There is a UI that shows who is in the party. Press X.

The falcon can't really be used on the maps- maps are too small and one forge is in space with another underground. Perfectly logical to remove something not needed.

Vehicles are worth piloting also. Mantis, Guass, Scorp, Wraith, Ghost come to mind especially

I don't paticularly like custom loadouts, but understand descisions behind them.

Explain how Halo 4 explosions look like 'confetti'

It is not nearly impossible to level up if you don't play matchmaking in all your spare time, I don't see the problem

DMR was the only headshot weapon, alongside rare needle rifle. It can't be OP with itself

Brutes were hunted nearly to extinction by Elites, the rest devolved into Tribes; TL;DR- the brutes are in no state to fight anyone else

BTB maps are fairly crap, give you that

Invasion is a good GT, but maps are not good for it on 4

Assault is made very easily on Grifball GT settings (look in my fileshare)

Boltshot is very good now its been nerfed. I rarely get killed by it.

Oh, and that wasn't in any order

• Like 1

Explain how Halo 4 explosions look like 'confetti'

Halo 4 campaign explosions do look like confetti (as I remember). Go onto a mission and destroy a covenant ship. The ships just go poof.

It is not nearly impossible to level up if you don't play matchmaking in all your spare time, I don't see the problem

And ranking up in SR ranking takes a plenty of time. Just look at the amount of credits needed vs the avg amount people get in a game.

I think 60,000 Credits is fairly easy at about 2-3000 a game. On Reach, it was upwards if two million to level up!

Oh, and the I only saw confetti explosions with grunt birthday on ;)

• Like 1

Guest Frogger24

I think 60,000 Credits is fairly easy at about 2-3000 a game. On Reach, it was upwards if two million to level up!

Oh, and the I only saw confetti explosions with grunt birthday on ;)

Yes but how many people were complaining about how long it took to level up their SR due to it being in the millions... trying to find a balance is difficult. Sure they could have made leveling up longer in Halo 4 but at least they have a base line now.

• Like 1

The last 3 ranks is halo reach were in increments of 4mil credits.

Every large scale cut scene explosion (in campaign and spartan ops) looks like complete crap. The ships just fall apart and a bunch of little prices of grasslike stuff fly off.

The vehicles are worthless because of the plasma pistol and plasma nades. The mantis is for batches.

You cannot call the last mission "space combat" at all. All you do is fly through unrealistic doors and **** and blow up some defenseless targets. Reach had actually combat where you engaged in dog fights, shot down gunships, etc.

The UI does not show parties. What I mean by that is, in reach, when you got a MM game you could scroll through everyone's GTs and it would tell you who is in a party with who. That allowed you to tell how coordinated the other team was. Halo 4 does NOT do this whatsoever!

The DMR took skill to use in reach, you had to pace you shots to kill someone. All you have to do in H4 is spam.

If they had just given us an actual forge world the lack of invasion compatible vanilla maps would not be a problem. But no. They give us a bunch of small ugly pallets with no forgave terrain. And forge island does not count since its just flat ugly islands.