7 reasons why Halo 4 is better than Reach.

Sgt. DUKE

i kind of thought the campaign of halo 4 was pretty dry. Dont get me wrong, i did really enjoy the game, but i think reach had a better campaign. It just seemed to have more of a "classic" halo feel with some better objectives rather than just pressing buttons over and over again.

The plot of the campaign was very good, but i just dont 343i executed it the right way. Some examples have been shown in numerous other threads and im not here to put the game down, so i wont go into detail. The plot of spartan ops was spectacular in my opinion. Aside from playing on the same terrain over and over again, i found this new experience very enjoyable

• Like 2

AL?? You guys just be ******* insane. You miss Sword Base elevator room camping too?

Halo 4 multiplayer is stunning at visuals and engine core. It just needs some tweaking to be epicly good. Campaign is bleak though. I'd like to put Masterchief into his box. He's southern "badass" style is out of its time. Boring. They should have gone with a campaign story in line with Spartan Ops, and have you following/playing as fire team Crimson instead. Theres some fresh story. Also a campaign story in a diary format would have been cool. Similar to the feel in Spartan Ops. Actually I think a campaign in a DLC format and in a cinematic (spiced up with multiplayer style sections working as multiplayer practice) style would be better (much like SO). That would also mean they can keep it going for as long as there's interest more or less. Better to have 343 focus larger part of pre-release on developing/perfecting multiplayer instead. A long DLC campaign could also mean a possibility for 343 to rake in the extra dough this way instead of limiting multiplayer maps of release media. Milk casual campaign players and hold harcore players more close heart so to speak :) This combined with dev focus on multiplayer means a bigger/longer community following also, which add to game cycle ROI in a more smart way IMO.

ARMOUR LOCK? Please tell me this is a joke! Worst thing bungie ever did for halo this should be top of OPs list of why 4 is better! It stopped the game dead everytime some noob started loosing a battle, I think the hardline shield is a far better replacment for it!

I quite liked swordbase if I got my hands on the UNSC granade launcher I used to clock up some serious kills with all the campers in that little room with out even peeping in:-)!

• Like 2

ARMOUR LOCK? Please tell me this is a joke! Worst thing bungie ever did for halo this should be top of OPs list of why 4 is better! It stopped the game dead everytime some noob started loosing a battle, I think the hardline shield is a far better replacment for it!

I quite liked swordbase if I got my hands on the UNSC granade launcher I used to clock up some serious kills with all the campers in that little room with out even peeping in:-)!

Armor Lock is the best thing that ever happened to Halo, Of course it should've had less activation time to keep ppl that used it wrong away from it but if you used it right, it would work MIRACLES 

I'm sure the mass majority would agree it was just annoying and I am pro reach just that 1 thing got under my skin think I know it worked miracles that's the problem! It was the dilema of wait for the armour power bar to run down and more than likely get gunned down off 1 of their team mates or run off and leave them it really should of been taken out of the playlist matches and certainly the pro league matches I found it hard to believe they removed active cammo over that, hardline shield was a brilliant idea for a replacment!

8. The standard ability to run (RUN, CHIEF, RUN!)

9. Armour Abilities (namely the auto sentry, always got my back)

10. Big Team Slayer has its own playlist (this is key)

11. Join during games (finally quitting doesn't screw the team over, and people quitting doesn't screw the team over. So frustrating being stuck in a 2 vs 8 in Reach, and being either forced to play it out, or forced to quit and then get SUSPENDED from playing for doing so. Oi vey that was a game breaker for me.)

Gotta love that autoturret. If for no other reason than it lets you know when theres an enemy in front of it, allowing you to look away and focus on another lane.

• Like 1

I don't see why they couldn't put invasion back in or a type of invasion it wouldn't be to bad being spartan vs spartan I didn't care much for elites!

I do agree big team slayer needed its own playlist but halo 4 still needs big team objective I had some great games on it and would love to see it make a come back.

Joining mid game I do agree I know some people hate it and I must admit I get annoyed when I get landed in a game of capture the flag on a loosing team but its nowhere near as bad as like you say everybody jumping out early and leaving you to take a beating which can't be avoided without quiting which I can't stand doin.

I totally agree with you. But a lot of people still play Reach; however, Halo 4 is still much better. All of those reasons 

tell why it's better. Also, I think Reach wasn't really like the proper halo games, because for me it felt like a different tale

happening some where else in the halo galaxy, what doesn't really need to be told. In addition, it didn't have the chief, cortana, 

Sgt.Johnson and well you know the BR!!

Your probably right it probably is but I still enjoyed it wasn't perfect but certainly hated more than it should be! As 1 in perticular( armour lock) seemed to do it for most people. I do think there were some big possitives in reach it had the best forge for a start, I think halo 4 needs to borrow a few ideas off reach's playlists, I wish firefight made a comeback I rather enjoyed it! But on the whole I think 4 is better!

All things you listed were campaign related.  Though Halo 4 had a great campaign, lets face it, people come for the campaign and stay for the multiplayer.  And Halo 4 had the worst multiplayer out of all of the games.  That's why the population is declining so rapidly.

Halo3 MP is pretty good, but Halo 4 smokes it on gfx and core engine supremacy. Don't kid yourselfs with bs nostalgica. People dropping out are the casuals. They couldn't stand Halo3 MP either, but at least the casuals of 2007 had some balls in them.

hear hear!

I popped in Halo 3 a few weeks ago - just to test this prevailing theory that Halo 3 was and still is the best game that has ever existed in all the known universe.

I got through a single game before giving up. The pacing is so slow, the aesthetic appeal is now archaic, and the fun factor is zero. 

You nailed it: nostalgia. Its my suspicion that the complainers are hung up on precious childhood memories. As for me, I was old enough at the time that Halo 3 was big to understand that is really wasn't all that great. Granted, at the time it was released I had awesome fun with it. But its old now.

The only Halo game that ever lives up to the nostalgia for me is Combat Evolved. I still have my Halo CE disk in my game case, because going back to that game never gets tiring. Brings back all the joys of pubecence.

Halo3 MP is pretty good, but Halo 4 smokes it on gfx and core engine supremacy. Don't kid yourselfs with bs nostalgica. People dropping out are the casuals. They couldn't stand Halo3 MP either, but at least the casuals of 2007 had some balls in them.

You don't know how dead wrong you are.  The reason Halo 4 is failing is because 343 is only catering to the casuals.  Leaving nothing for the competitive players.  Team throwdown was 343's one attempt at a competitive playlist.  It's population has never broken 1,000.