Help me, I have sleeping problems!

Stab Stab Stab

I'm now out of school and have yet to acquire a job, so there's no schedule in my life right now. Even so I'd like to wake up somewhat early but it seems impossible. I have some bad habits, I like to play xbox and watch shows on the computer, and sometimes I won't be able to sleep and I'll spend hours doing these things then I'll go to bed sometime around 7 AM, and wake up at 4 or 5 PM. Two days ago I stayed up over 24 hours straight in order to make full circle and go to bed early, it worked at first, but yesterday I couldn't go to sleep until 6 AM, and today I woke up at 4 PM, so I'm right back where I started. -_-

I know there's people with far worse problems like failing school and not being able to get it up, and some people would even call it a blessing but I hate having my schedule off. Has anyone else had similar problems, on maybe any advice?

You need to get back on schedule, and your brain is telling you to get back on track. 1. Buy a alarm clock.

2. set it to 8:00 am

3. You should go to bed at the same time everynight

4.Once your brain gets right on track get rid of the alarm clock and bed time.

and if your having trouble going to sleep start drinking water,and do a night jog. If this seems to much than find something that can bored you at night.

• Like 1

Cut out all energy drinks, caffeine, soda, sugary snacks, etc.

These things can mess you up and screw up your bodies natural patterns. Instead, drink water, milk, juices, or fruit smoothies. These are easier for the body to digest and use naturally. Once you body gets on a more natural/healthy diet, your body learns to cope without supplements and develops patterns. This makes it much easier to sleep, and get better rested sleep. My uncle who is a doctor suggests this to his patients experiencing similar problems. Only in certain cases has he had them conduct sleep studies because it didn't work.

• Like 2

i had this problem a few years ago in hilton head visiting my grandma and my uncle was there. it was the last memory i ever had with him. he was awake when i was and he gave me some warm milk when i asked for help to go to bed. warm  milk worked for me. and whenever i can't get to sleep i always go to get fresh water or some cold milk. (i don't want to wake up my parents) and if that doesn't work i just secretly get my lap top and Skype a friend who plays league of legends all night every night. and from my middle school 3 years ago i got used to waking up at 8:00 so I'm used to waking up there and sleep until 8:00 every weekend. where as i have just barely started my fourth quarter in school and i wake up at 6 AM but get out at 2:25. it's worth it, even though we wake up early and it makes me tired. any ways just follow the instructions above

• Like 1