Anyone play Halo PC still?

Destroyaaa

I still play Custom Edition online occasionally. CE didn't have matchmaking, but more of a custom game browser.  It is a fun game and it still has a pretty big population.

Also, if you are getting it for the online, instead of campaign, just download custom edition. It's free, has a bigger population, and you can mod the crap out of it.  One of my best memories of that game was playing snipers on blood gulch. And all the snipers shot Scorpion shells.  

It got me into Halo.

The funny part is, a friend refused to give it to me for free, then he realized he had no lunch and begged for my sandwich. I agreed on the condition that he gives me the game.

I was prepared for a "meh, just another slightly cool game" experience, and then...

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. This is the best game I have ever played."

I couldn't resist the urge to try a bunch of other Halo games for a long time at an arcade, and when Halo 4 came out, it was my favorite one. Went and bought an Xbox just to own and play Halo 4.

But no, I don't play it anymore. Just thought that since it's on-topic, I'd express how much I love that game. Without Halo PC, I would never have gotten into Halo.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

with out my friend who let me borrow the PC game and i never gave it back to him i fell in love the game. and still have it on PC and play still. i just want more people on this forum to play it with me. i usually play on combat evolved but i still play a little CE. i just don't know how to mod which i want to do

• 2 weeks later...

Ive tried and it wont let me connect idk if its my internet or what

i have two PC's and on one it is SO out of date and old that i can connect BUT only for like one minute other wise on that PC it just doesn't work so i use my other one. my characters name is nv

Yes, many people do still play Halo PC, more than 400 each day. If you are wanting to find some good servers to play on, both halo PC and CE, check out our Armored Saints of Halo Clan Servers; our servers are constantly full, and are really fun too. See you in Halo PC!  :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, many people do still play Halo PC, more than 400 each day. If you are wanting to find some good servers to play on, both halo PC and CE, check out our Armored Saints of Halo Clan Servers; our servers are constantly full, and are really fun too. See you in Halo PC!  :thumbup:

oh i didnt know you were part of that. ill play this weekend on one of those servers. look for the name of "nv" thats my name in the game. only problem is that now on my good computer my internet is slow and doesnt work much anymore

• 2 months later...

I'm on there often, still.  Both CE and normal.  Custom Edition has taken on the properties of a fine wine by getting better with age.  All of the custom maps that are out now make multiplayer a blast, and the CMT campaign remakes are absolutely incredible.  It's only a shame that more people aren't active in its community.

Also, if you want some classic old school gameplay, try the BEACH HOUSE ON THE MOON server on normal Halo PC.  I still frequent that place.

Halo 1 still lives.  May it stay alive.

• 2 weeks later...

WOAH

Just came across this Topic and it's akin to asking what happened after the Dinosaurs became extinct... Well they didn't all completely die out.  Of course a new order of beasts now rule the world but Birds are still here happily flying around!

Halo 1 (PC) has 100's of Players still playing, whilst Halo Custom Edition is very truly alive and kicking.  There are literally 1000's of Players playing HCE across 100's of Servers.  Realworld Guild is one of the Oldest and Biggest Halo PC/Halo Custom Edition Communities Hosting over 20 Public HCE Servers and 2 Public Halo PC Servers.  Additionally there are also special servers too. Realworld Guild is not a Clan but an Open Community for Halo PC Players where anyone having an interest in Halo is welcome to join.

Note:
There is no official Xbox support because it's a PC based.

For more information please see: http://www.realworldce.com for more information.

So if you every fancied giving your PC Halo Gaming a new lease of life or would like to return to re-experience the "Good Old Days" then you are more than welcome to play on any Realworld Guild Server and with Realworld Guild primarily being Halo Custom Edition focused community in addition to Hosting Stock Map Servers, it also Hosts an awesome range of Custom Map Servers with 100's of hand picked unique custom Maps.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on there often, still.  Both CE and normal.  Custom Edition has taken on the properties of a fine wine by getting better with age.  All of the custom maps that are out now make multiplayer a blast, and the CMT campaign remakes are absolutely incredible.  It's only a shame that more people aren't active in its community.

Also, if you want some classic old school gameplay, try the BEACH HOUSE ON THE MOON server on normal Halo PC.  I still frequent that place.

Halo 1 still lives.  May it stay alive.

we should get online this weekend i still play that server everyonce in a while and i love the old school of that server

• 1 month later...

I still play it sometimes, most of the time I play race. People are nice there and just like to race and team up. If you play on a ctf/slayer server, you always see mean people. They call you a cheater and blah blah. It just ruin the whole game at least for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got back into playing Custom Edition. My laptop has a HDMI port on the side so I hook it up to the flat screen and play with my 360 controller. If anyone ever wants to play, I'm usually in one of The Ashclan.com's servers... Bloodgulch CTF mainly. My name one there is "Screech."

• 2 weeks later...

Population? There was never online!

I'm joking  :fun:

Yes, there are lots of people who play this game for PC. There is one problem with the shot registration and that would be due to the fact that the game isn't meant for online play. For example, leading your shots in H3 was needed. If you were great at that, prepare your brain for the worst lag ever and lead your shots about half an inch on SCREEN to get a kill.

This means if you take a ruler, put it up against your screen; as people walk, you'll need to shoot significantly ahead of them to get your kill.

But good luck to ya lad.

I just got back into playing Custom Edition. My laptop has a HDMI port on the side so I hook it up to the flat screen and play with my 360 controller. If anyone ever wants to play, I'm usually in one of The Ashclan.com's servers... Bloodgulch CTF mainly. My name one there is "Screech."

Awesome choice in servers, because they are the best! We recommend that anyone who wants to play fun and fair games in Halo PC/CE should check out the ASH Clan Halo Servers, and visit our website.  :yes

• Like 1