Halo 5 needs Flood that People wont B*tch about

Backdemon

Guest Frogger24

I wasnt a fan of the Flood after Halo CE. I understand why they had them but honestly the crappy zombies need a break. Not only are there tons of games out there which provide either the same or even better zombie-like experience but they should spend more time developing the new faction they introduced in Halo 4.

I wasnt a fan of the Flood after Halo CE. I understand why they had them but honestly the crappy zombies need a break. Not only are there tons of games out there which provide either the same or even better zombie-like experience but they should spend more time developing the new faction they introduced in Halo 4.

I don't think they will bring back the Flood, and they seem to have tried to bring back a new enemy with the Prometheans. But I agree. If they bring back the Flood they should be molded after CE. They were the best in the original. CV

To me it seems rather silly for 343 to bring in new enemies whose original purpose was to combat the Flood during The Forerunner-Flood War and not have them combat the parasite. A massive 4 way fight between the UNSC, Storm Covenant, Prometheans, and Flood would be very interesting to watch and to take part in. So their return wouldn't exist just for the fans but to expand the universe and build a potential plot where the Didact returns but tries to activate the rings in haste instead of using the Composer.

• Like 1

There are still flood around, such as the infected Jackals in tanks on Abandon.

And Installations 04 and 05 and (possibly, unconfirmed) 03 had flood stored for research, who's to say 01,02,06 and 07 don't? As well as countless research facilities, derelicts, extra-galactic worlds, and Slipspace bubbles littering the universe. I hope the flood haven't been totally abandoned.

And why are there Sentinels on Requiem(aside from maintenance?) as guarding is done by Prometheans...

They may be protecting a flood research before Requiem hit the sun...

• Like 1

It is true, there are so many ways the Flood could return. Even the ending of Halo 3 they werent completely destroying the Flood, just the gravemind and his small accumulated force. They just kinda "Stop" the flood. I do agree, Why bring back the Elite force made to combat the Flood... and then not combat the Flood? I wanna burn some bodies with a sentinel beam (hope it has the new burning effects) and dissolve carrier forms with the scattershot!

Also if you do not like the Flood and are posting here, why dont you like the Flood and how do you think they could fix this? Dont just scream at us you want it removed and then run away. Nothing gets fixed that way. Everyone has their own opinion on why the Flood is amazing or complete crap, so share it and say how it could be improved!

• Like 1

TL;DR

Halo 5 needs bigger, badder, and scarier Flood!

343 DID say Halo 5 was going to be darker/more sinister.

Yea I know the Juggernaut Flood. Would be cool as the hunter equivilent of the flood. One big powerful guy surrounded by combat forms and infection forms. He's fricking huge too so it would require new tactics to take down.H2CH_FL_juggernaut01_rm.jpg

Edited by Mr. Bashful Brute
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think we need a game called Floodfight, a coop mode sort of like firefight except with tons of flood. They could make 2 or 3 flood themed maps where flood matter is growing all over the place, infection forms pop out if random holes, and combat and carrier forms emerge from dark tunnels. Weapons could be placed around the map (possible forgeable) with limited ammo and the objective would be to survive until you and your friends are rescued. 1 life only (can be changed in custom options). They could have a Covenant spacecraft map, a UNSC bunker/base map, and a grave mind map where you are literally trapped inside a grave mind.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yea I know the Juggernaut Flood. Would be cool as the hunter equivilent of the flood. One big powerful guy surrounded by combat forms and infection forms. He's fricking huge too so it would require new tactics to take down.H2CH_FL_juggernaut01_rm.jpg

I am going to need a weapon, and a clean pair of boxers, also somthing to help me sleep at night because this thing just brought back my 6 year old nightmares  :crybaby:

I think a Flood bossfight could work it were done properly. No quick-time events, no extra buttons to press. The classic bossfight is one in which you memorize the boss's attacks and kill his minions. The minions give you something with which to attack the boss, like explosives. A juggernaut Flood form could drop a Rocket Launcher that could be used to destroy the boss, but it would have limited ammo. The trick is to make it exciting and eliminate monotony. A true bossfight could be the classic level Halo 5 needs, what the Warthog run did for CE.