Modern Era Halo players

Destroyaaa

When I say "real" games I meant games that were made with every ounce of energy put forth to create a fun experience for the player. Not like Halo 4 which I believe was meant with the sole purpose of selling copies. 

While I agree that Halo 4's multiplayer isn't the best of the series, I don't believe that it was made solely for selling copies. Maybe partially, but 343i and Microsoft are businesses after all.

343 OK only needs to do ONE thing to get this franchise going; get more casuals into matchmaking! They won't turn anything by now without doing some real rad stuff. Like giving away all map packs for instance. This would bring back some 100-200k and get matchmaking going again. Such a move would also be a kick in the teeth for COD/Activision. Including be an investment in the franchise for the next release on the 720. Make it happen 343.

343 OK only needs to do ONE thing to get this franchise going; get more casuals into matchmaking! They won't turn anything by now without doing some real rad stuff. Like giving away all map packs for instance. This would bring back some 100-200k and get matchmaking going again. Such a move would also be a kick in the teeth for COD/Activision. Including be an investment in the franchise for the next release on the 720. Make it happen 343.

if halo continues on this path of not being orginal and halo enough i don't exspect any of the next halos to go past 100k population after first month of release.

Everyone seems to have some ridiculously daft opinion about why their franchise is no longer the greatest thing since sliced bread.

You can rationalize it however you want. Fact of the matter is, the game is fine. We are simply living in a different time, the software landscape has changed.

None of this means that you cant simply enjoy Halo, like many of us choose to do.

Its that simple.

• Like 1

That is the natural progression of events. Anybody that didn't start off with CE wouldn't understand the perspective of a Halo vet.

Funny enough, Halo CE and Halo 2 are the only games where I played the canpign more than once, and funny enough you don't even unlock anything for them like you do nowadays (aside from an ending). The games just blew my mind that much when I was younger. I was also coming fresh off the N64 too and when I seen XBox graphics for the first time I was like, "Woah... this is pretty sick."

Ah, those are the days... When I would actually be "wowed" by a game. Maybe I should attribute it to the fact that I am older and my interest in gaming in general has substantially waned. Who knows.

Skyrim wowed me, not gonna lie. But it is rare for me to be wowed by games nowadays for the same reasons

No Kevin, the game is not fine. If you scare off 9/10s of the population in two months, something's wrong.

Tempo of gameplay is too high. Stresses people out. Combine this with hit scan rifles and no bloom/recoil + possibility to spawn with weapons like that and you get a casual gamer nightmare. This is what you see online today. No two ways about it.

Donkey Kong 64. That is the stuff. Cocunut Guns are cool.

Oh heck yeah! Those were awesome to use.

I fail to understand how Halo 4 is not a "REAL" game.

It's really the way people see video games. Everyone has their own so it's okay if you don't understand.