Modern Era Halo players

Destroyaaa

Most of the Halo veterans started playing Halo in Halo 1 or Halo 2. These were exciting times in gaming, as Halo 1 was an evolutionary game and Halo 2 brought the best online shooter to Xbox. I started playing Halo 1 when I was like 11 years old and most of the people I play with are my age or a few years older. The reason I love halo so much was because I was shown it at a young age and back then Halo was on top.

Today's 11 year old is probably not going want to say to his parents, "I WANT HALO I WANT HALO" and that's the sad truth to it. Halo isn't even as close to as popular as it was back then, and COD is dominating. Thus this is resulting in a less loyal fan base. 

I am a regular poster on this forum and follow closely other forums. I want more than anything for Halo to return to its glory days. Unfortunately, I am not in middle school/high school anymore and I don't have the time to play now that I used to. See the pattern here? All the loyal fans that I grew up with on Xbox also do not have the time to get on and there aren't enough new loyal fans because of the quality of Halo 4. I don't really know how this can get fixed. Halo is in a very bad spot.

The old relics are all moving on as well, it was the case with Halo Reach as well.

I've been playing since I was 13, I'm 25 now and still follow halo with memories of Halo 1 and 2 and 3 fresh in my mind. We are a dying breed.

We are the lucky ones who were shown what REAL games were at the right age. Its not something that you can just show someone, they had to live in it

We are the lucky ones who were shown what REAL games were at the right age. Its not something that you can just show someone, they had to live in it

yeah i'm glad to be apart of when gaming companies really cared about there game instead of making a profit super nintendo  N64 my god. Those games were amazing and i would rather buy remakes of every old game instead of these new copy all other games boring same repetitive games we have no where the company just wants to try and get the most cash without caring about there game.

Found out there remaking age of empires 2 hd on steam. Instantly purchased it. A 1999 game i could probably put over 1-2k hours in.. Unlike these games we have now.

That is the natural progression of events. Anybody that didn't start off with CE wouldn't understand the perspective of a Halo vet.

Funny enough, Halo CE and Halo 2 are the only games where I played the canpign more than once, and funny enough you don't even unlock anything for them like you do nowadays (aside from an ending). The games just blew my mind that much when I was younger. I was also coming fresh off the N64 too and when I seen XBox graphics for the first time I was like, "Woah... this is pretty sick."

Ah, those are the days... When I would actually be "wowed" by a game. Maybe I should attribute it to the fact that I am older and my interest in gaming in general has substantially waned. Who knows.

yeah i'm glad to be apart of when gaming companies really cared about there game instead of making a profit super nintendo  N64 my god. Those games were amazing and i would rather buy remakes of every old game instead of these new copy all other games boring same repetitive games we have no where the company just wants to try and get the most cash without caring about there game.

Found out there remaking age of empires 2 hd on steam. Instantly purchased it. A 1999 game i could probably put over 1-2k hours in.. Unlike these games we have now.

Dude... I still play n64 with my friends quite a bit. Mario kart 64, Mario party 2, Goldeneye, mario tennis. All great games with 4 people. And obviously the 1 player games. 

ANDDD I used to play Age of kings all the time on MSN zone. So funny how we play the same games

Dude... I still play n64 with my friends quite a bit. Mario kart 64, Mario party 2, Goldeneye, mario tennis. All great games with 4 people. And obviously the 1 player games. 

ANDDD I used to play Age of kings all the time on MSN zone. So funny how we play the same games

Msn zone was amaizing. i played that game all night. and day. i played custom games and was top 100 in there, Oh do i miss the good days.  It still today has 1k players on i forgot the website now but its still a great game for a 1999 game.  for me i started  halo 2 but halo 3 online. when I'm buying lets say halo 3 and i own halo 2 i exspect the same thing with little to no changes because it is its own game. i play halo because i exspect a sci fi shooter that Has orginal features no other games has and they build on it small and slowly.  I mean Find me games that have made copies of a top seller and it not fail. i can only think of maybe sonic? dynasty warriors? But i know its not alot.

I mean really lets look at all the games that Drasticly changed there stuff from the previous version and how bad they flopped

Age of empires 3  ---) In my eyes it flopped it failed to bring what age of empires 2 did it changed to many features and hurt the game overall

Resident evil 6 ---) they turned it into a gun games and went away from horror core and it flopped horriblly

Turok ---) compared to the n64 game it was god awfull  if it was anything like the n64 turoks i beleive the game would have more then 16 players on it 2months after its release.

Now i haven't been looking into games alot so i have forgot alot of titles that have tried to changed alot or the core feel about the game or simply change way to much and it Flopped in population and ect.

Now lets look at all the games that have continued to be orginal to there game and continue there route and have only changed Just enough to make the game feel the same as the last

Cod

super smash brothers

zelda

final fantasy

elderscroll

fallout

All sports games

left 4 dead

pokemon

star wars battlefront.

Doom

The list goes on and on. I think well for me anyways that there are Much more games that have been succesful in bringing out a game that is Just like there previous version But just enough for the change to make the game feel rich. I know people talk about all this Mordernizing it changing ect. Change is good. But to much change results in the games you have today that have all flopped because instead of keeping the same feel with just enough, They gambled on massive changes and Clearly in most games it has not worked out.

Games need to be made with passion like they were back in the day they need to stop shelling out these beta's and mimicing other games stuff and releasing it Only to wait weeks for them to patch bugs that a few game testers could have caught.  In the days of n64 You saw little to no bugs.

wonder how gaming would change if there was not a way to patch a game online do you think they would be putting more time into games still like in the old days?

haven't slept in 24 hours extremely tired half this is probably misspelled ect ect. goodluck reading!

Loved the n64 1 game I always think of though was f-zero 64 that game was amazing and the gamecube follow up, blew wipeout out of the water! Think i'd buy a wii U if they made a decent remake with a 30 player online mode that would be amazing!

But goldeneye was just beyond any other console game at the the time the amount of hours we put in on the four player splitscreen in my mates sweaty little bedroom back in the day! Thats very rare these days that 4 people all crowd round 1 console for some split screen action, but the laughs we used to have! when the 1st halo arrived my little bro and his mate both had an xbox we were playin 8 player split screen system link at my mums house I couldt believe how exciting it was, it would be hard to top that ooh those were the days!

Although ive got to say though I agree with you on most of the sequals you mention don't live up to there prequals resident evil 6 seems to have gone full on action game! I absolutley love age of empires 3 inspite some of the rediculas balance issues I still loved it! I've clocked some serios hours up on that game, I also thought age of mytholgy was a brilliant spin off for the series!

well sadly. i never got around to play aoe 3 i played aoe 2 so much when 3 came out all i saw was complaints and it looked like a totaly new game. aoe 2 was so good because Most of todays games Came from Aoe custom map making. I mean Tower defense was on aoe2 at mid 2000 idk if that started it all or not. you could make rpgs that were So nice. They had so many gametypes you could make. and i don't think aoe 3 ever managed to do that. they had league of legends type games in 2000. It was just a amazing game experience.

I remenber when me and my friend gameflyed re6 The leon campaign was amazing we wondered why people called this game bad, then we played the next 2 campaigns my god i felt bad for a true re6 fan.

duke nukem was the same. that game came out 12 years after all the updates and crap and it changed most of its core and it flopped, what was funny is they showed many demos within the years and people rather wanted what was on the demos with nintendo 64 graphics then what it turned into now. Man i loved duke nukem to. =/

Age of mytholgy was eh to me, i was to into age of empires to play other games. xD

I had duke nukem for the sega saturn it was a brilliant game only the original though all the ps1 third person games were awful yeah I saw a few reviews for the latest 1 and wondered why they bothered. I missed the age of empires 2 craze, mythology was were I got into the series maybe this is the reason! That still had a lot of them crazy map types though! Yeah dont think number 3 was very good for the customisation and I did see a lot of complaints on the forums 2 did seem to be the fan favorite, I just love 3vs3 battles on 3 got like 2500 games on it, I still occassionally play it! Age of empires2 has been released now on steam.

I remember many of these games...god were they wonderful. I can still remember playing the original Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis. A simple, yet incredibly engrossing fighter. Lost many hours of my life to that game and it's sequels. lol

Same goes for Gauntlet. :D

"RED WARRIOR NEEDS FOOD!" lol

I am not as much of a veteran, being introduced to 3, then buying the originals, but completely understand. I am always gonna stay loyal though. For the story.

Note, fallout and SWBF changed, very much.

I am not as much of a veteran, being introduced to 3, then buying the originals, but completely understand. I am always gonna stay loyal though. For the story.

Note, fallout and SWBF changed, very much.

opps i never played the orginal fall out and went on from 3... and Star wars battle front? i have 1 and 2 the only difference is jedis.  o.0 its by no means a drastic change.

halo 3 was the first game i played at all on the xbox back in the days when halo ownd the online game world with gears. unfortunately due to the rise and rise of cod both of these companies have ditched everything we loved about those 2 great games and tried to copy cod with classd based weapons like cod. the only reason i feel the loyal fans have got smaller is not as such due to the massive following of cod but the fact that they have both changed the dynamics of both games and not stuck to what we all loved. i was quite happy with halo reach until 343 took over and they slowly ruined the multiplayer and for me have finally buried the halo name with halo 4. don't get me wrong i like a bit of cod but i play halo because its different so with the whole trying to copy cod it ruined it for me completely and i could only bring myself to play halo 4 a few times before i had to get rid due to 343 undoing all the great work bungie did with the game.

A,B,A,C,A,B,B Every megadrive(im from uk) owner knew this cheat code for mortal kombat, brillian though i've always prefered streetfighters that games sequals still excite me sf4 is awsome!

Fun Fact!

The 'ABACABB' code is reference to an album called ABACAB, by a band called Genesis.

Man i was playing halo ce when i was 9. Just runnin the campagin onlegendary all night with friends. Then came halo 2 and i got xbl. Moved to a new neighborhood and met a kid who blew me out of the water. So i played withhim and ultimatley played with shook one allot and it took off from there. Went to my first event in htown and loved it. Then i had to travel for H3 man that was the shi... It was fun. And it will probably never happen again

Now lets look at all the games that have continued to be orginal to there game and continue there route and have only changed Just enough to make the game feel the same as the last

fallout

This is completely wrong, just so you know. :)

Same goes for the Elder Scrolls, but to a lesser extent.

I also don't see how Halo 4 isn't a "real game".

This thread reeks of historical revisionism being used to rationalise a misguided sense of superiority

Edited by WonderWombat