Why doesnt anybody talk on multiplayer?

CUBA x STEVEN

no incentive to win no point to really communicate because winning is not important anymore to everyone. just play play play play

thats actually quite true, unless your playing with friends the headset now gets made redundant, it used to be switch xbox on, grab controller, plug in headset, and then play, Ive not done that since my Gears of War 2 days, headset only comes out now, if I want to talk to people I know.  sad but true

• Like 3

Halo is much less of a social game now compared to Halo 3 were so many had mics and talked. In ranked you had team mates doing call outs and social was......just a friggin' blast.

Custom games are where it is at if you enjoy the open friendly conversations and community spirit. It just does not exist in match making period.

• Like 1

thats actually quite true, unless your playing with friends the headset now gets made redundant, it used to be switch xbox on, grab controller, plug in headset, and then play, Ive not done that since my Gears of War 2 days, headset only comes out now, if I want to talk to people I know.  sad but true

Yea I only really pull out my mic/turn it on when I'm talking to friends Gears of War 2 was the only game that I used my mic and actually talked to people. Man those were the days.

• Like 2

Yea I only really pull out my mic/turn it on when I'm talking to friends Gears of War 2 was the only game that I used my mic and actually talked to people. Man those were the days.

tell me about it, only game I remember where everybody talked and worked together, had many a long night on Horde, with strangers who became friends

• 4 weeks later...

You talk within TEAM Tucker. Thats the point. I mostly play full parties in Halo. This is keystone to do well. Halos always been like that.

What sort of saddens me is that somehow, somewhere, the world turned upside down, and Black Ops 2's ranked playlists are incredible and work flawlessly, while Halo 4 has yet to have any, and the proposed idea for one is weaaaak.

Doesnt matter really, and i half dont belive its true, not when i played BO2 anyway. Back Ops2 is complete garbage, why even pretend its competitive? its a joke! COD is a next to zero skill gap game where running around like a headless chicken spamming a SMG from 10ft distance makes you successful, so non-communication works anyway. Its basically a lone wolf style game played in teams. Halo is a proper teams game.

• Like 1

no incentive to win no point to really communicate because winning is not important anymore to everyone. just play play play play

I have to agree with TornadoFlame. Halo Reach made everybody stray away from mics. Hardly any calling out or communicating because there was no more incentive to win. I still enjoy Halo but that is one thing that has changed and Reach had a part in that. Hopefully the new CSR ranking system will help that a little.

I have to agree with TornadoFlame. Halo Reach made everybody stray away from mics. Hardly any calling out or communicating because there was no more incentive to win. I still enjoy Halo but that is one thing that has changed and Reach had a part in that. Hopefully the new CSR ranking system will help that a little.

Not sure of this. Whenever we play full party winning matches & tactics becomes essential. This thing comes sorta automatically from teaming up IMO. We never cared a rats ass about ranks. Not even in H3 days. People was on whatever account anyway so to speak.

Yeah. Blame that on Halo 4 too, TornadoFlame. Do you realize how silly you sound?

People don't talk in COD either these days. It was TEN times more chatty in MW2 days. This may also be Halo4s fault. Right?

I can tell u the reason; you had waay more casuals on XBL back then in these type of games. That's all.

Back in H3 it was the same, but with the addition people found a chat function on their new console and went bananas over it. It's old now.

Yeah. Blame that on Halo 4 too, TornadoFlame. Do you realize how silly you sound?

People don't talk in COD either these days. It was TEN times more chatty in MW2 days. This may also be Halo4s fault. Right?

I can tell u the reason; you had waay more casuals on XBL back then in these type of games. That's all.

Back in H3 it was the same, but with the addition people found a chat function on their new console and went bananas over it. It's old now.

play cod with me  out of 10 matches i bet 8 of them are a full team of people with mics.  Unlike Halo 4 where its like 1/10 or 2/10.

halo 4 makes it so casual or not you still have a chance to do something in halo It used to be about Getting better Playing more now its DMR Flying weapons to me ect.

I just put in halo 3 and out of 10 matches i can say 5 of them i found atleast more then 3-4 people with mics....

Edit my bad When i played cod mw3 today as a single in regular teamdeathmatch 6/10 of my matches had more then 4 people.  the  8/10 is when i do 3v3 face off.

Edited by TornadoFlame

You play Mw3?? The game with the largest hitboxes since dawn of time. And you have the guts to complain on Halo4? Hahaha. Un****ingbelievable.

largest hitboxes?  you mean When i can aim my sniper 2 inches above someones head and get a headshot? lol. Its a game thats fun and promotes social interaction with people unlike halo. It's a game you can easyly relax and play and only have to deal with Lag at times. Whats sad is i'm sure mw3 has beaten halo 4 in online charts. But with the name halogeek Its hard to think you can understand someone elses point of view towards a game you enjoy we all blindly follow stuff.