New Idea for Campaign!

8 members have voted

1. 1. Please read the post for proper information!!!!! MULTIPLE CHOICE!!!! (During a Campaign switching between Marines, ODST, and a Spartan would you like them to....)

• Never cross paths (See a Spartans aftermath, or the battle Marines and ODST fought)
    • Catch a few glimpses (Witness a Spartan from a rather large distance and disappear)
    • Cross paths in life or death scenarios. (Spartan swoops in to save you and in effect you play as the Spartan as he enters)
    • Cross paths (Play as a Marine or ODST and as you are in mid brief or talking to someone, a Spartan walks by and gameplay shifts to Spartan.)
    • This should not be part of Halo. :(
    • This is a great idea!

So everyone knows how in Halo you always are a Spartan with the exception of being the elites...  But why not continue with that course, but instead maybe be a Marine or ODST?  Say there are two buildings or objectives and a Spartan is sent to clear out 1, and a group of Marines or ODST are sent to the other.  You play as the Spartan reach a secondary (not primary objective) and then it brings you over to the ODST or Marine.  You then are only as strong as an ODST or Marine health wise and physically, so beat downs aren't as effective.  So its is more of a challenge (and in some cases failure is imminent and may be part of the story).  After reaching the objective or a secondary objective, or even having a story planned death, switch back to Spartan to reach the final objective, and let a story unfold (like hearing the ODST or Marines didn't make it, and you must go in to reach the objective while the covenant are also moving in).   I think switching off would extend the campaign, and let everyone see an extended story behind what actually happened.

Now if switching between characters there should be hone rule, or one law to keep it real. The characters you play as never cross paths. Or should they?

How cool would it be to play as a Marine, pinned down, heavy fire, you get shot, nearing death. Then, just as you are about to die, you watch a Spartan run into the middle of the fight. The moment this cut scene happens via the marines perspective, you switch to playing as a Spartan! There are many many scenarios that could make the game brilliant. But here is a poll.

With the information above, would you want to see the characters you play as cross paths? Granted you don't always play as the same Marine, ODST, but always the same Spartan. So you may catch a glimpse of the Spartan, never see him, or he may swoop in and save you (and you play as him). Please vote!!

this is a good idea i guess but i dont like this idea of sparten one second  odst next hopefully in halo 5 they do this but instead of marine or odst the ARBITER

Yes I know what you are saying, but Im thinking more like say there is an objective to save some Marines, you play as a Spartan and get right to the Marines and then theres a flashback to a Marine, and you hold off for like 5 minutes or some number like that. Then a bomb cut scene where he jumps in either over you or over some rubble and then right as he is about to land (where you left off) you start playing again. So there are no holes in the Spartan story, but you can see their side of the battle, because you always seem to catch a glimpse of it, but never get to see it!!! So why not let us play? Even if they are suppose to get killed, I think it would be an awesome extra (that can be toggled).

Yes I know what you are saying, but Im thinking more like say there is an objective to save some Marines, you play as a Spartan and get right to the Marines and then theres a flashback to a Marine, and you hold off for like 5 minutes or some number like that. Then a bomb cut scene where he jumps in either over you or over some rubble and then right as he is about to land (where you left off) you start playing again. So there are no holes in the Spartan story, but you can see their side of the battle, because you always seem to catch a glimpse of it, but never get to see it!!! So why not let us play? Even if they are suppose to get killed, I think it would be an awesome extra (that can be toggled).

seems like halo odst 2 do a mission reach a point in the mission flash back of what happned good idea though

Not neccesarily a flash back to the past, but like when a Spartan sees a battle happening you can play as a person in that battle. In some cases it would be the objective that needs to be reached (hold off for 5 minutes until the Spartan arrives)

Spartan - Reach the Marines within 5 minutes.

Marines - Hold off for x amount of time (However long it took you as a Spartan)

Spartan - Continue where you left off.

I feel as though it would give a whole new aspect that ODST did where it was missions. This is just a small part of a mission with the focus on the Spartan.

Not neccesarily a flash back to the past, but like when a Spartan sees a battle happening you can play as a person in that battle. In some cases it would be the objective that needs to be reached (hold off for 5 minutes until the Spartan arrives)

Spartan - Reach the Marines within 5 minutes.

Marines - Hold off for x amount of time (However long it took you as a Spartan)

Spartan - Continue where you left off.

I feel as though it would give a whole new aspect that ODST did where it was missions. This is just a small part of a mission with the focus on the Spartan.

i guess it is a good idea and like odst and reach a spinoff title after 5 and 6 are done and 7 8 and 9 in the works

i guess it is a good idea and like odst and reach a spinoff title after 5 and 6 are done and 7 8 and 9 in the works

Who knows, maybe an anniversary tweak? Idk, it would be awesome to incorporate just a few, maybe like 3 or 4 short ones, adds achievments, and challenges. Not to mention a small story, and emotion which everyone needs. Maybe even a new game mode!

Who knows, maybe an anniversary tweak? Idk, it would be awesome to incorporate just a few, maybe like 3 or 4 short ones, adds achievments, and challenges. Not to mention a small story, and emotion which everyone needs. Maybe even a new game mode!

so to conclude good idea and world be a good spin off game great idea world be a good spin off id buy it

I reckon switch offs between allied elite, spartan and ODST teams, 3 perspective, for example play as the Spartans for a small section, pushing through an enemy barricade then as the ODST giving sniper support (or what ever then as the elites using the chaos to sneak into a base to kill a target or get intel, even if it one 1 mission

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...