Top Ten Halo 5 Wish List: Campaign

WARHOLIC

1. Revert the grenade throwing back to the original Halo trilogy

2. Promethean vehicles.

3. Have the Covenant speak English again......I miss listening to the grunts talk funny.

4. Bring Cortana back

5. Bring back the original plasma rifle. have both plasma rifles, just make the original one named "Plasma Rifle Mk I" and the new one "Plasma Rifle Mk II"

6. Bring back THE FLOOD

7. Bring back Firefight from Halo: ODST or at least make something similar to it like Horde mode in the Gears of War series.

For Halo 5, how about an environment that Interacts with players and the map itself?

Maybe for a map say...in the sand dunes in the middle of a dessert...there's earthquakes and strong wind that cause dust storms and maybe a warning signal telling the characters to find shelter or something...because it takes down their shields and stuff.

Maybe for a jungle map or something you can shoot down a tree to fall on an enemy...or maybe have actually animals in maps that will fight against players.

It'd be a really neat idea don't you think? It'll really meld with the whole "going for a futuristic/realistic feel" for next-gen gaming. Having the environment dictate some of your movements.

Just a thought, let me know what you guys think :secret:

Hmm... Ten things...

1) Arbiter and Rtas obviously

2) flood

3) precursors

4) some missions that take place on a halo ring

5) UNSC air vehicles

6) new species of covenant along with new weapons

7) sidetrack missions

Ex. Like ODST missions or marine missions

8) CUSTOMIZABLE FIREFIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9) brutes make a surprising return but not with the covenant

10) a spartan laser assault rifle load out. This isn't as strong as the original spartan laser, it is like the assault rifle, but with lasers

11) Cortana maybe???

12) custom load outs like in halo 4

13) dual wielding

Yeah yeah I know. I went over 10

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to make epic movies in halo 5 like this:

So it would be nice to see a theatre option in custom games to allow gestures of different sorts, strictly for simplified awesomeness for your average halo-fan , movie making, forum disobeying from not reading terms of use, owning, genius absorbing, friendly forgiving, fun loving, friend gangstab0p. 

I love you.

• 2 weeks later...

1) In-game multiplayer ranking system 1-50

2) In-game multiplayer ranking system 1-50

3) In-game multiplayer ranking system 1-50

4) In-game multiplayer ranking system 1-50

5) In-game multiplayer ranking system 1-50

6) In-game multiplayer ranking system 1-50

7) In-game multiplayer ranking system 1-50

8) In-game multiplayer ranking system 1-50

9) In-game multiplayer ranking system 1-50

(it won't make as many people mad as it will make people happy. It was never annoying to have it around, it is annoying to see it gone :(

I believe you will bring back more old fans that you lost from reach and 4, and you will attract new competitive players too)

ideal world 50/50... 50% social playlists 50% 1-50 ranking system. that idea is brilliance. please take it into consideration and don't disregard your old fans you lost that always loved halo 2 and halo 3. much love.

This is not my video but this guy has some amazing opinions and outlooks. Please watch this video and take this man's ideas into consideration :)

my bad! didn't see that this was campaign :P

With the new hardware of the nextgen consoles I'd love to see some truely epic fights. Most of my concerns would be in the cinematic experience of the game, rather than the mechanics.

-ODST drops on a large scale.

-Massive tank battles complete with super heavies such as mammoths and scarabs.

-Return of the Falcon? Some of the cinematic shots in reach were very cool because of the open cabin design of the Falcon. (Freaking fun to use in MP as well.)

-I'd love to see marines redesigned. In my opinion they really did lose their "cool" factor.

Campaign hopes:

1. Arbiter has some sort of influence.

2. Return of the big open level layouts from previous halos

3. Having the halo 3 elites fighting back with you against the rebel storm elites and or storm covenant.

4. Make it more like the original halos in general. I kinda miss the old plasma rifle. The storm rifle is kinda funky.

-Bring back Arbiter and the brutes

-return of the possibility to change the options of the zombies at custom games( like Halo Reach)

-UNSC air units

-put a boss at the end of the game( like Halo 2)

-Return of the gametype Living dead from Halo Reach( not Halo 4)

-Promethean vehicules

-Make the campaign more difficult than the one in Halo 4

- Please no more overpowered weapons( like Halo 4)

- Remove Mantis

- Please don't create another ¨¨Call of Halo¨¨

-Remove Killcams

• 2 weeks later...

- Bring Cortana back at some point towards the end of Halo 5

- Arbiter makes a return 

- Visit Sangheili home world

- Promethean vehicles

Wow... pretty much what I was gonna say. I guess I'll add to it a bit, then.

-A bit more promethean weapons. Thought the weapons themselves were impressive, but not the amount.

-A UNSC air vehicle. Would prefer the Hornet, but seeing Falcon again wouldn't be too bad, either.

-Water vehicles. Bungie had been planning to do it since CE, but never did. I'm just interested for how this could turn out.

-Invasion. Where did it go?

-I know this has been said enough, but Forge World should return.

-Flood. Sure, their levels turned my friend paranoid for a couple months and they frustrated me, but I would love to fight them at least once more.

-Scarabs. I don't recall seeing a single one in 4. Quite the disappointment. I know this has been said, but driving them would be a great dream come true.

-Pelicans. Ok. A wish was granted in Halo 4. We drove a pelican. Why once? Where is it in multiplayer? I think it could be interesting. Also, if implemented in MP why not take the SpLasers off? Oh... how OP it could be if not...  :wallbash: 

-Elites. I missed playing as an elite while I was a Reach noob.

-Elephants. Where... is... my... mobile... base!? More than 1 map with them, please?  :thumbup:

-More promethean types. I'm almost certain this will happen since the Covenant is constantly evolving. Why about 3 types of enemies?

-Firefight. I played it when I was bored and lonely.  :blush:

-More ideas because for some strange reason I forgot all mine.

my bad! didn't see that this was campaign :P

You and me both...  :hope:

The ranking system in Halo 2 honestly made the game!  It was unlike any other ranking system. The fact that you could go up or down really made the game competitive and always brought the smack talk throughout the game.  This is a must for the new Halo to bring back some of the original halo players that may have left for other games.  Also a clan system would be awesome to bring back the use of a friends list on xbox!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

GENERAL

1- Iron Sight (to difference from long-range rifles) or Scope on the Automatic Rifles.

2- Automatic Rifles more accurate.

3- Be able to swim.

4- Dual-Wielding.

5- Able to climb or jump through little walls and obstacles.

6- Slipping.

7- Gory and brutes Assassinations.

WISHLIST:

1. NEED MORE EASTER EGGS! E.g. Halo 2 soccer ball, halo 2 scarab gun, halo 3 rooster teeth guys as marines trying to get into that door and being accused of being a brute.

2. Brutes! Plenty brutes!

3. More grenade launchers! More grenades! EVERYTHING NADES!

4. Machete (Human energy sword)

5. Forgeable Firefight (Similar to custom games)

6. Interactive assassinations (e.g. tapping a rapid succession of buttons to do different stuff)

7. Weapons integrated into armour (e.g. instead of armour ability, hold LB to activate crosshair weak laser or wall mines or repulsion beam)

8.Team up the Chief and Halsey. Those guys would be great together! And don't you try to deny it!

9. Health bar! We all loved that!

10. Plasma rifles. Even though we don't use them, we still miss them.

11. Dual-wielding.

Do you all remember star fox? 343 should put out a campaign that has secret ways to get to different missions that only the real all day gamers can get to. make it challenging and make it so people WANT to play campaign even with an online option

Campaign, bring back all weapons with dual wielding capabilities

bring in all elements of the older games, maybe we find another box filled with white powder and bam some more flood.

lets have brute let covies, vs elite led covies, both versus the humans vs the elites whom are slightly reluctant to accept aid from the "weak" humans.

then meet and greet the librarian. john has a bit of his brain taken out and has a new cortana made from her conscious in his head and also with johns combat knowledge and experience so she is superior than the first yet still the same one

make halsey get a robot arm. 

have the chief along with all the forerunner knowledge, new cortana, a mission and fresh ships built from forerunner tech confront an armada of enemy ships (including corrupt humans) and you get to play a star wars themed space battle where the chief flies out and ***** **** up in space

this could be the start to halo 6

ODST's and Elites that you can call in campaigns to help you out when you are under duress

same with elites, and they vary by mission or if there is 2 people playing. arbiter:elite squad, needler grunt squad etc, chief:odsts basic marines 2 man sniper team 

could add features such as (find an LZ and a pelican will drop a warthog in for you!

or a ghost 

or a scarab for arbiter

or a grizzly for chief

or a hawk

or a vampire

or anything halo related that has yet to be utilized!

bring in vizor specific mods w/dpad usage

keep sprint

maybe add shield differentials like some iron man **** diverting all power to shields so maybe youd run slower, lighter shields faster runner etc

give people true customization that they can use to gain the edge in competitive gaming like MLG

and again just use the covies to drop in for the arbiter

mac blasts 

plasma glass attack

and for multiplayer holy crap you could have fun!

lets talk space battles! you could (as you level up and gain credits) buy different war ships to aid you in assault and different transports etc and when you battle this massive battle its amazing! level 50's can only buy the best ship etc

have tons of UNSC personnel helping you vs tons of AI covies and brutes and everything

Level 0: No additional ships (you gain boosted experience regardless if you win or lose till level 10)

10: LCS Litoral Combat ship. fast agile basic combat ship

20: Frigate

30: Destroyer

40: Cruiser

50:Prowler (Corvette)

Level 50 5000 Exp Can purchase a UNSC Infinity Class Warship

Maybe even forerunner ships? for people who have beaten the secret ending ON legendary

Covenant Ships etc

meaning you couldnt just play these ship battles all day because you might only get credits for these battles not EXP

i would play taht game 10,000 times just so i can win enough space battles to buy an infinity

you could also have a base built by you and youre friends maybe and could host raids where random people or whole teams would try to get passed you and your customized defenses (which will be formidable) credits are awarded to whomever wins and MVPS

maybe even objective based games similar to battlefield where you have to protect an area and if you lose it moves etc that would be tight! 

BRING BACK THE HALO 2 HALO 3 MATCHMAKING ENGINE!!

bring back simple menu use i.e. using Y to open it.

get some servers that respect the level of the game youre putting out please.

make this game something people NEED to play.

this is what i think would make halo the greatest game ever created. i would wait for this game for years and pay a lot for it ill tell you that. the space battles and base battles are what really excites me because ive always loved the 3rd person "halo wars" idea

NOTE: I am a realist when I ask for things. (For example: I would love to have the original halo

Music return, but I kno it's not possible, so I would ask for the next best thing: either a new composer whose music resembles halo music more or to improve for future compositions)

Anyways, here's my list. Not entirely in order from most wanted to least

1) Bringing back an original halo character such as the Arbiter or a well-known Spartan-2 from the novels (I would love to see some characters from the originals novels come into the games, such as Kelly and Fred)

2) Improved future music (I kno it's impossible for Martin O'Donnell to return as composer, so realistically I say improve future music PLEASE. I liked liked the soundtracks: Arrival + awakening, but overall didn't resembled halo whatsoever)

3) Dual-Wielding/ bringing back SMGs - maybe dual wield energy swords as well

4) Better looking armor than from Halo 4 (Loved reach armor, halo 4 armor looked ugly.)

5) expanded Loadout options (some ideas: edit what type of shield you have, all with disadvantages and advantages over others + HUD modifier to edit how where your ammo icon is, shield icon is, etc.)

6) Elite permutations + scarier elites + PLASMA RIFLE.

7) more forerunner weapon + the upcoming H4 weapon update that will make them more usable.

8) Larger maps for forging, racing, etc.

9) Brutes + new brute weaponry/brute infantry types

10) Matchmaking campaign, firefight, etc. (Loved halo 4 multiplayer and matchmaking, but wished they had the matchmaking campaign option.)

• 2 weeks later...

10. No armor lock.

9. Dual-wielding

8. A Promethean vehicle.

7. The return of Scarabs as bosses.

6. Have Spartan-IIs and IIIs from the books appear. 

5. Explore ONI's actions towards Halsey and the Storm Faction.

4. Cortana does not return.

3. Bring back Firefight, or make the in-game events in Spartan Ops more story-related. 

2. Explain the IsoDidact's fate and make him an ally if he is still alive.

1. Arbiter and friendly Elites. A couple of Grunts thrown in there with them would be nice, too.

EXTRA: Ensure that the main character(s) that die go out heroically, and not by "SURPRISE HEADSHOT LOLZ!!!" like Kat did.

• 4 weeks later...

Ability to swim

Bosses after every other chapter.(fighting other Spartans somehow maybe)

Secret weapons

return of skulls/easter eggs

online campaign score

A difficulty setting higher than legendary

(multiplayer) Bots with difficulty setting.

Large spacecraft available

dual wielding

Unlockable armor/weapons/abilities/perks/anything else... through campaign achievements.

armor customizing in campaign (customizing armor isn't just aesthetics, they make you stronger/faster etc.(multiplayer too)

Better more comprehensive loadout options

skill and xp to return but easier to level up not like H3

• 2 weeks later...

campaign:

-arbiter returns

-finally introduce blue team

-slow the pace of story progression

-more exposition on side characters/ new tech

-more/longer themed missions in game (i.e. aeriel battles, land based vehicle battles, stealth, etc.)

-a little more attention to enemies of all kinds (small peeks into grunt/jackle/hunter perspective on situation at hand maybe?)

-longer campaign

-slightly more open world environments (even if its a few extra nooks and crannys with guns stashed in them to search)

-command NPCs (i hate marines who wont get in vehicles to drive me around >_<)

-bring boss battles back

-expand on the limited quicktime events h4 had

thats all i got for now. more later

• 2 weeks later...

Halo ideas

1.  Top secret ONI ODST Spartans with armor and tech significantly superior than that of the UNSC Spartans and the Master Chief himself.  These ONI ODST's turned Spartan number in the thousands and have an agenda of their own.  They are quick to attack any who interfere with their plans, covenant and UNSC alike.  In other words...THEY DO NOT EXIST!

2.  We find out the Librarian had put the seeds of life for Forerunners on the Halo rings.   As they all died off their race would flourish again along side the rest of species that occupy the galaxy.  

We find out that the  Prophets and the Brutes have imprisoned these new Forerunners in hope of finding the Forerunner weapon stash the Elites are trying to find.

Technologically, Forerunners are on par with humanity and know nothing of their past history.

3.  Things that should return:

Every race of the Covenant (plus new races) with each having two distinct subgroups like jackals and skirmishers to keep from fighting the same looking enemy each time.  

Every weapon and vehicle from Halo:CE to Halo 4 

Noble six survives!

BRING BACK DEPLOYMENTS!!!

4.  Bring back firefight and Spartan Ops.

Have a career mode incorporated into that game mode where you start off as a marine private and depending on what route you want to take advance to an ODST or a Spartan.

5.  We need a longer campaign and a free range open world. The Arbiter needs to return introducing his home world.  We need a explanation on to why we are fighting the Elites again.  

6.  Implement the cover system, using a blind fire option as well as a lean and peak/shoot.  go prone as well as crawl...no dive.

7.  Give armor customization a purpose, increasing and decreasing stats depending on which equipment is attached.  This will give the player a chance to choose what tactics they would like to use; stealth, run & gun, heavy weapons, etc.

8.  Introduce the lore on Precursors and their technology and philosophy.  How they relate with the Forerunners

9.  Express just how big the Milky Way Galaxy is.  Where the UNSC and the Covenant only occupy a very small portion.  This opens up the possibilities for more allies and enemies or even a war between two opposing factions and UNSC and Covenant get caught in the middle.  The Flood is a universal enemy but it would be interesting to see them allied with another group.  

10.  Chakas, Riser and the Lord of Admirals should make an appearance as ghosts in Forerunner machines.  Begin to reveal ancient human technology but only as information on how to acquire.  NO WEAPON STASH!!!

*Sorry if their not as short as some may want, some Ideas I have require a bit of explination*

- More enemies per number of player's & difficulty (to make 4 player Legendary as hard as 2 player Legendary)

- No Cannon mistake's!!... well no BIG one's unless the books & games are 2 seperate universe's

- Drop in Drop out Co-op that reverts the Player's in game to last checkpoint when new players join (But not when they leave, thou no random's unless its a game section in Multiplayer)

- Co-op player's taking the role of NPC's near 1st player (what NPC they end up as being determind apon when they "Drop In" to play. So if they drop in when theres no ally NPC's in a forerunner building they end up as Setinal's till they die later or at a level change. Also they could just arrive as their custom Spartan/Elite/ODST if affor mentioned is to hard to do.)

- The "Reuniting" of Chief with the surviving Spartan II's & or meeting Spartan III's... or even meeting the Rookie & Buck's team.

- Cortona's worst fear Chief gets a new "Cortona" from one of the Halsey brain clone's from ONI: Section 3 & a level about her "Rampent" displeasure of the Chief's "Betrayal" of their relationship.

- A Campain that doesn't feel like its an "attachment" or "extra" to the Multiplayer aspect of the game...

- The return of the Flood & a dark spooky level all just for them...  just for that good old CE Library terror factor

- & finally the Master Chief fighting..... Spartan IV Innie's since we all know the Covenant war just put their in-fighting on hold.