New Forge Maps  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should a Few Spartan Ops maps be released to Forge?

• Yes
    • No
    • Bacon

Hello, 

I have finally got a chance to play the new Spartan Ops mission and they are amazing. With that said I have clocked an insane amount of hours in forge and I feel the current forge maps are lacking a ton of aspect which the community has thoroughly covered so I'm not going to repeat them. But I did notice more than a few of the Spartan Ops maps would make amazing sandboxes for forge. Visually they trump the current forge maps both in background and foreground content. I figure now that 343's Majestic Map Pack is out and making them money maybe they would consider a free update for the forge community. I can live with the same tired forge objects even though I have seen a ton of potential new forge objects aka Forerunner pieces. But I feel there has been enough feedback about the current forge maps that 2-3 new forge maps would be feasible. The best part is the maps are already built and being used as sandboxes by 343 in Spartan Ops.  Now I don't know if the coding processes for forge are easily transferred to new maps not built around the forge coding processes, but I think this Idea should be considered.  I feel a move like this would revitalize the hurt forge community that was crippled by the Waypoint sharing issues and the semi disappointing maps. 

I would love to hear from the community on this subject and any suggestions to which maps from Spartan Ops we would like to see. 

My 3 choices would be:

The Cauldron

Control

Apex

Specifically the Apex area from ep 10 where you fight the Lich.

The main area of Warrens would be nice

And possibly some of the Infinity maps. They are quite nice, though maybe less suited to forge.

I think some of Reaches firefight maps should be reskinned and released. I hate firefight but live the maps, especially the Defiant DLC one.

Thank you for adding me as an option.

• Like 1

Hello, 

I have finally got a chance to play the new Spartan Ops mission and they are amazing. With that said I have clocked an insane amount of hours in forge and I feel the current forge maps are lacking a ton of aspect which the community has thoroughly covered so I'm not going to repeat them. But I did notice more than a few of the Spartan Ops maps would make amazing sandboxes for forge. Visually they trump the current forge maps both in background and foreground content. I figure now that 343's Majestic Map Pack is out and making them money maybe they would consider a free update for the forge community. I can live with the same tired forge objects even though I have seen a ton of potential new forge objects aka Forerunner pieces. But I feel there has been enough feedback about the current forge maps that 2-3 new forge maps would be feasible. The best part is the maps are already built and being used as sandboxes by 343 in Spartan Ops.  Now I don't know if the coding processes for forge are easily transferred to new maps not built around the forge coding processes, but I think this Idea should be considered.  I feel a move like this would revitalize the hurt forge community that was crippled by the Waypoint sharing issues and the semi disappointing maps. 

I would love to hear from the community on this subject and any suggestions to which maps from Spartan Ops we would like to see. 

My 3 choices would be:

The Cauldron

Control

Apex

I agree I would love to see some of these spartan ops maps as sandbox maps. Nice post!

I would agree 343 is most likely never going to implement this concept but it would be a nice gesture to the fans. I do believe with very minimal work they could be forge ready you just need to define boundaries and use the versions of the maps before edited for Sparta Ops, The terrain is model separately from set pieces (ammo crates, boxes, etc..) and character generation. They have the plain versions of the maps that's just a fact. But sadly I think this will remain a dream.  Bane nice use of a png signature, man I miss my Adobe Masters Suite.  :(          

Also Glad to see other forgers/players like this idea. 

Take care.

I was literally talking about this with some Forgers the other day.

Overall, its plausable. The maps are perfectly suited for Forge, and the maps are already there, its just a case of whether or not 343i has been snooping around to find advice like this, and whether they will comply.

I really do hope this happens.

• Like 1

Big fan of your forge style BTW, I read your thread and posted on it.

I'll be releasing a map pack soon, 3 BTB maps  2-3  4v4 maps. good for all game types minus griftball.

They will need testing But hopefully minor tweaking. here's a preview of 4 of them. 

Calatose5_zps98ebe075.jpg

Calatose5-2_zps03cae87b.jpg

ApexS1byTrashnSuicide_zps51bfa406.jpg

ApexS1Courtyard_zps38e990de.jpg

OrangeBox_zps2b0a76e8.jpg

OrangeBox-2_zps1c532dbb.jpg

OrangeBox-3_zps91d930e3.jpg

Outpost33_zps8134f118.jpg

Outpost33-2_zpsfe77c1d1.jpg

Outpost33-3_zps5abec4c7.jpg

Hoping to get these released by the end of the week. But also have 4 other maps I'm working on as well.