Quick time sequences...

TheAndrewXD2115

15 members have voted

1. 1. Keep quick time sequences?

• Keep em at the same amount.
    • I don't like all the sequences, take some out in halo 5.
    • No quick time sequences at all!

Allow me to bring some much needed negativity to it then.

Quick time sequences are dumb and not needed in halo 4 or any future halo game.

Seriously, I remember a time when instead of pressing the grenade button after a semi cut-scene, you actually had a BOSS fight.

What happened to things like killing Mercy or Tartarus in a frantic and dangerous battle (at least on legendary)

It was just one more thing that halo didn't need. Call of duty is riddled with much more engrossing sequences, instead of press B once on the elite or do the same thing to the Didact, except a different button.

• Like 3

I personally don't really like them, though for the most part I thought they were pretty well-integrated. The controls for each were generally quite intuitive (you melee an Elite with the melee button, you climb up a lift shaft with the same movement controls you've already been using, etc), which is very important, and there was generally plenty of time to do each - so none of that nonsense you get in other games where they come out of nowhere and you have a second to press a button which doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the ordinary controls.

That said, I personally don't like them because I hate pre-scripted sequences. I'd much rather find my own solutions to situations or at least have whether I pass or fail a section being determined by my own skills, rather than my ability to press a certain sequence of buttons at the right time. Sure, it makes it more 'cinematic', but no matter how awesome a QTS is, it's never going to be as cool as the feeling I get from doing something totally by myself.

• Like 1

I personally don't really like them, though for the most part I thought they were pretty well-integrated. The controls for each were generally quite intuitive (you melee an Elite with the melee button, you climb up a lift shaft with the same movement controls you've already been using, etc), which is very important, and there was generally plenty of time to do each - so none of that nonsense you get in other games where they come out of nowhere and you have a second to press a button which doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the ordinary controls.

That said, I personally don't like them because I hate pre-scripted sequences. I'd much rather find my own solutions to situations or at least have whether I pass or fail a section being determined by my own skills, rather than my ability to press a certain sequence of buttons at the right time. Sure, it makes it more 'cinematic', but no matter how awesome a QTS is, it's never going to be as cool as the feeling I get from doing something totally by myself.

Now this is just the type of discussion the forum's are missing. An opinion that legitimately adds substance and thought into the discussion by explaining in detail thoughts and personal view directly related to the OP. Well thought out and well formatted with depth and clarity. I could read these all day.

Much better than a vague post that simply states.... "I don't like it...." or "I do like it..."

Thank you RSR!! :thumbsup:

Now to my personal opinion about the question in the OP. Though I did find the cinematics of the sequences to be entertaining, decently scripted, and visually pleasing, I found myself wanting to actually be a part of the cinematic instead of a bystander. By adding more sequences, I feel 343Industries performed a "cop-out" to the actual campaign gameplay by adding entirely too many sequences in the game. I do realize that the majority of the sequences were rather short but that is time I would have much rather spent in gameplay. The ending cutscenes that transition you to the next level of the campaign would have been sufficient.

So with that said, I hope 343Industries finds an alternative to the sequences that actually involves the gamer and not a simple press of a button. :) 

• Like 1

QTE's? Not enough, quite simply. We need more. The ones we had were great, but they had really now difficulty to them. If only we had more; I actually thought that if you punched enough in the middle of enemies, it automatically initiates QTE's that helps you wipe out entire squadrons, just because you're in the middle of them.