It looks like Dr.Halsey is against the UNSC!

AnimalDenWinter

Halsey is against the UNSC. Why?

It looks like Dr.Halsey wants revenge on the ONI or the UNSC. Why because on spartan ops series season 1. 

O.N.I put Halsey in prison because she kidnapped children, pretty nasty, but she kidnapped them to train them 

how to be Spartan super soldiers. This saved the human race by being ruled by the good old cuvys. 

The O.N.I leader threw Halsey down the deepest and darkest hole she could find,well thats what she said in

spartan ops episode 10. In the episode 10 of spartan ops, Halsey said to Juel 'Madama, the current covenant 

leader. "I want revenge." This clearly means she's against the UNSC/O.N.I now, because they were the people

what did something bad to her. 

Hopefully she doesnt kill anybody whos cool in the UNSC, like Lasky, not Del Rio he hates the master chief.

However, Dr.Halsey does deserve revenge. Please leave feedback of what you think. :D  :thumbsup: 

yes it does look like she wants revenge can u blame her

NO

she saved humanity and was stuffed in the darkest cornor of the galaxy and was not told infomation about master chief was found almost killed by commander plamer and lost a arm

i would want revenge

but maybe i think she dosent we will see in halo 5 maybe chief is ordered to kill her

Well first off to the OP the title of this thread may need a bit of spoiler alert disclaimer. Well I know a lot of people don't read the books, but just a recap:

* spoiler alert for the book readers *

Osman (the ONI leader in spartan ops) had a CO that absolutely hated Halsey for the kidnapping of the Spartan II's but more specifically she didn't like the fact that Halsey used flash clones to replace the kids. The reason Osman hates Halsey is because of the passed on feeling of her former CO and also because she was a failed Spartan II. After some of the augmentations did not take to her leaving her crippled for a while Halsey had her cast back to Earth. Osman has always resented Halsey for feeling like she had been treated like trash and wasn't worthy.

After Reach Halsey was marked officially dead, and after ONI found her in trapped in Onyx they kept that status but used her as a prisoner slave to build the UNSC Infinity. Just for a time reference that was roughly 3 months after Halo 3. Since being captured it was revealed to her that her daughter Miranda Keys was killed during the war and she was also told that the Chief had died as well. This kept Halsey in a depressed like state for a long time until she found out that the Chief was alive. She also resented the was that the UNSC kept her out of the loop of information especially the Spartan 3's and Spartan 4's. All that Combined with the hate she had when she realized that Palmer was going to assassinate her has lead her to the point of having a pretty good foundation for revenge.

Never really liked Halsey, she was always arrogant and always assumed she was right no matter what. Never followed the chain of command...glad that happen to her.   - Smokin Shadowz 

Im wondering if your a fan of Cortana considering that her and Halsey are basically the same person.

i think she is only saying that to get what she wants out of Jul M'Dama.. and not have him keep her prisoner.
- mazer

i hadn't actually thought of that but i wouldn't put it past Halsey for being smart enough to think of it. She is the smartest person in the UNSC. I kinda like the idea that she may end up trying to manipulate Jul M'Dama.

• Like 1

Personally, I liked Halsey in the books, but not so much in the games, she is a lot more jaded and angry than cortana, but if she wants revenge, it shouldn't be against the UNSC, it should be against ONI, and ONI alone.

I totally agree.I did like ONI in Reach however in 4 they're extremely nasty and unthoughtful. 

I believe she is trying to avoid being kept as a prisoner by Jul, and trying to get the other half of the Janus Key.

As for ONI...well, they are just being ***holes, ordering an execution on a civilian, killing the Elites who want peace with the human species, encouraging and assisting the ones who don't, and just being generally evil.

Halsey isn't going to turn to the UNSC so easily, she wants revenge on ONI, but she can control herself. I believe she is trying to trick Jul in order to escape or even do something worse to the Covenant.

She's not, she helped crimson remember?

Yes, but... she gave the Janus key to Thorne before getting shot by Palmer and then realizing that they want her dead. But she could have helped Crimson anyway.

I don't think she's against the UNSC, she just knows that she's smarter than everyone on there and that she knows stuff that they couldn't even comprehend.

Although, she has gotta be pissed about them withholding info about Chief and keeping her prisoner. :lol:

Well Halsey's manipulative, we know that, and she's very smart, we know that too. She may well side with Jul, take out the highest ranks of ONI for betraying her, or at least treating her like something you'd step on in the park, but also Jul will want too as well, as he hates them just as much if not more. Then Halsey will perhaps betray Jul to save humanity. Also, she's in a better position with Jul, because she's free ( kind of, to an extent ) to be exploring the universe, finding Forerunner artifacts, etc, that Jul too is interested in and she'll be researching and developing greater knowledge. All in which, will be beneficial to Humanity's survival in the future.

Her betrayal will, I think, only be towards ONI and eventually Jul, but not the entire UNSC or Humanity.

• Like 2

Well Halsey's manipulative, we know that, and she's very smart, we know that too. She may well side with Jul, take out the highest ranks of ONI for betraying her, or at least treating her like something you'd step on in the park, but also Jul will want too as well, as he hates them just as much if not more. Then Halsey will perhaps betray Jul to save humanity. Also, she's in a better position with Jul, because she's free ( kind of, to an extent ) to be exploring the universe, finding Forerunner artifacts, etc, that Jul too is interested in and she'll be researching and developing greater knowledge. All in which, will be beneficial to Humanity's survival in the future.

Her betrayal will, I think, only be towards ONI and eventually Jul, but not the entire UNSC or Humanity.

So there will be Two Betrayals? :awesome:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...