Did Cortana Die?

AnimalDenWinter

Did Cortana Die?

At the end of Halo 4's campaign Cortana apparently died, but I think that maybe

she didn't. Cortana only held another AI power of hers to get master chief of the ship maybe because she couldn't

have another power to bring herself she got stuck in space and put out of service. Maybe in the next halo game trilogy 

Halo 5 or Halo 6 will carry on to be about saving cortana or getting her back. I'm not 100% sure that she didn't

die, hopefully  she didn't because we all love our halo campaign AI corty.

Leave feedback of what you know. :D thank you!

It's strongly believed that she died but I'm one of those people who don't think she's dead either. I think Cortana is pivotal to the Halo series and to have her die in the first game of the trilogy is very bold. So I think 343 is making it look like she's seemingly dead and that they'll think of a semi-plausible way of bringing her back.

It's strongly believed that she died but I'm one of those people who don't think she's dead either. I think Cortana is pivotal to the Halo series and to have her die in the first game of the trilogy is very bold. So I think 343 is making it look like she's seemingly dead and that they'll think of a semi-plausible way of bringing her back.

what do you mean? thats not very nice

I mean the way they made her die made it look like she's really dead so they're going to have to come up with something very good and maybe stretch the imagination a bit if they want to bring her back. I think it's possible for her to still be on the Didact's ship and I know it's possible for her to outlive a normal AI because Halsey says so in her audio log during the campaign but it's a matter of time. They can't let Chief wait more than a year before finding her. Spartan Ops is already 6 months after the campaign so hopefully they have the Master Chief embarked on a mission where he might come across or think of a way to get Cortana back somehow.

I used to think she might have survived and be on Requiem, but now since the planet crashed into a star I don't know... I think the Didact is definitely alive (at least the other of the two) because wouldn't make any sense to introduce a character to kill him off immediately. If the verson of the Didact who uses the Composer at the end of the campaign survived and went to Requiem and escaped with Jul, he might have Cortana with him. If that's not the case, I don't think she's coming back. I'm fine with both scenarios, she indeed is a great character and I'd like to hear from her again, but she did get a "worthy" death scene.

• 2 weeks later...

I would be really surprised to see her come back.

Considering how her death happened, It doesnt look like she will be coming back to Halo.

But, I think It Is a good and bad thing that she dead.

At least now we can see the full abilities of Master Chief by himself.

The bad thing Is Halo 5 and 6 wont be as good as the other Halo's with Cortana leading Master Chief to victory and always making the campaigns something to fight for.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't forget that she sacrificed her life to save chief and she was dying when she was with chief. So I am sure that she will not be back in the other Halo.

Well she was also in the Librarian and Sentinel's care at some point for a brief period of time while the Librarian was talking to John

Honestly....

No matter how stupid 343 might be........

They aren't stupid enough to kill off a character who is pivotal to the series; If Chief was the Male Protagonist, Cortana is the female one. If Chief was the Main Protagonist, then Cortana would be the deutaragonist.

Oh, and they DEFINITELY won't kill off a character who finally received some development.

She may or may not be dead. There is many ways to bring her back without making the comeback too unbelievable. But as said it would still sound like bad writing. I was thinking if Didact did not die part of Cortana may have escaped the nuke within his armor.

In any case I'm pretty sure 343 isn't stupid enough to first kill important character and then bring her back in the next game. Sacrifice would not be sacrifice anymore. Besides now 343 can make a male AI for Chief and make them have a deep relationship.  :heart: Ha!

she is dead chief and if i am putting the timelines right Halsey is either on the run already or just about to go on the run so it would be impossible for him to get Halsey to clone herself again let alone just imagine how hard it would be for her to get a hold of UNSC equipment in order to even create another cortana or repair what left of her there may be .

• 2 months later...
Did Cortana Die?

At the end of Halo 4's campaign Cortana apparently died, but I think that maybe

she didn't. Cortana only held another AI power of hers to get master chief of the ship maybe because she couldn't

have another power to bring herself she got stuck in space and put out of service. Maybe in the next halo game trilogy 

Halo 5 or Halo 6 will carry on to be about saving cortana or getting her back. I'm not 100% sure that she didn't

die, hopefully  she didn't because we all love our halo campaign AI corty. i am one of those people who reallsay she is still alive. I strongly think she is. There are many reasons. Infact in video that say Cortana is NOT dead on youtube carries many facts that she is possibly alive. As for didact he is mostly likely too.

Leave feedback of what you know. :D thank you!

I seriously think it would be hard to get her back. But she could clone Cortana again, since dr.halsey did it before. Cortana had the same thought and everything that dr.halsey had. But i think cloning wont be necessary. Chief aka john will be determined too. Ik that.

If you ask me, I dont believe that Cortana has died. For several reasons, one being that she is an extreamly important part of halo, she is Master Chiefs main partner. Plus, she is forerunner technology, or at least that's what I believe after playing reach but, still. All in all, I don't think that 343 would have the nerve to "kill" cortana.